Custom Shaft

qexpert_101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a beautiful Mason H cue with 2 shafts, the cue hits like a cannon but I can't seem to get use to the taper of the shafts. I need someone to make me a shaft with a 12 inch pro taper. My question is do I need to send the cue to a cue maker if I don't care about the ring work being match up? I have a G10 pin on the cue. Would the shaft fit right without sending the cue in? Thanks Louie

Mcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a beautiful Mason H cue with 2 shafts, the cue hits like a cannon but I can't seem to get use to the taper of the shafts. I need someone to make me a shaft with a 12 inch pro taper. My question is do I need to send the cue to a cue maker if I don't care about the ring work being match up? I have a G10 pin on the cue. Would the shaft fit right without sending the cue in? Thanks Louie

It's always best to have the butt at hand. If you can accurately measure the joint, and know type etc. You can give it a shot.

Mario

opiesbro

Big Al Customs
Silver Member

A 12" pro taper is pretty short isn't it?

str8shooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would suggest contacting Mason H.That would be your best chance of getting one made with only a phone call.

JG Custom Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You should give OB Cues a call they can match the size of your joint. They have a shaft with a 16 inch pro taper. The classic or classic pro. I promise you won't be disappointed. 972-578-9100

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member

Louie,
Please humor me on this. I'm just curious as to whether everyone is on the same page here.
If you will, please define a 'pro-taper'. What in your mind is a pro-taper?

As to your G-10 pin, it doesn't matter the composition. What matters is the thread count.

Ordering a shaft over the phone can certainly be done, it's done everyday.
If you want the shaft to be to your liking you should be prepared to answer a few questions.

KJ

daxe

custom cues & repair
Silver Member
Why doin,t you Just have one of the shafts that came with the cue tapered to your liking asoming you have fat shafts that you doin,t like. I do this all the for my customers. Dan Axe