This is why Oscar Dominguez is better than all the rest

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Oscar is playing his second match yesterday in the U.S. Open against Nick the Greek. The match is hill-hill and Nick broke dry. Oscar is dead out and down shooting the 3 ball. As he shoots the 3, his cue barely grazes the 8 ball. Oscar immediately calls a foul on himself and gives Nick ball in hand. Nick runs out for the win. There was no arguing by Oscar. No attempting to act like he didn't touch the 8 ball. No discussion of that it didn't effect the outcome of the game. He took his loss and will move on in the tournament.

Oscar is obviously vying for a spot on the Mosconi Cup too. He needs a strong finish here to make his way in or be a captains pick (which I see as a long shot even though I think Oscar has the credentials). It makes it all the more profound that Oscar doesn't waiver from being a gentleman on and off the table.

Macho Time - get in done from the one loss side Oscar.

HelloBaby-

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oscar is playing his second match yesterday in the U.S. Open against Nick the Greek. The match is hill-hill and Nick broke dry. Oscar is dead out and down shooting the 3 ball. As he shoots the 3, his cue barely grazes the 8 ball. Oscar immediately calls a foul on himself and gives Nick ball in hand. Nick runs out for the win. There was no arguing by Oscar. No attempting to act like he didn't touch the 8 ball. No discussion of that it didn't effect the outcome of the game. He took his loss and will move on in the tournament.

Oscar is obviously vying for a spot on the Mosconi Cup too. He needs a strong finish here to make his way in or be a captains pick (which I see as a long shot even though I think Oscar has the credentials). It makes it all the more profound that Oscar doesn't waiver from being a gentleman on and off the table.

He is the man.
Guess who did he learn it from ? So surprise it's Ernesto :smile: Great family.

Teacherman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've hosted 3 or 4 professional events in the last 5 months.

EVERY TIME....the loser had an excuse. They couldn't just say, "congrats, you played well".

This is refreshing.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member

EVERY TIME....the loser had an excuse. They couldn't just say, "congrats, you played well".

This is refreshing.

You should hear what one of the MC hopefuls (and most likely a lock) said to Oscar when they recently played in a tournament. Pretty sad and low class. Strength to Mark Wilson cause he is gonna need it this year with the team he will have.

markgw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks for sharing this, amazing!!!

Zphix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a big fan of Oscar because his demeanor and attitude are exactly what top class pool players should be like.

He's a strong player, and one of the best safety players I have ever seen.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
You should hear what one of the MC hopefuls (and most likely a lock) said to Oscar when they recently played in a tournament. Pretty sad and low class. Strength to Mark Wilson cause he is gonna need it this year with the team he will have.

What happened?

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Oscar is a class act. Here's hoping that Oscar isn't better than all the rest in that respect, that would be pretty sad.

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

This is refreshing.

So true, Teacherman. Everyone has to explain their loss. I f*n hate it.
My hat goes off to Oscar for his honesty. You can't teach that. You must
be taught this while growing up, and it usually extends to other parts of life.
No two ways about it.

I didn't know it was foul on all balls

randallt6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Always a class act and always the right attitude, unlike some AHEM scott frost AHEM who always has an excuse on facebook.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member

Exactly why everyone calls him a douche. He openly calls me of all people racist though. He's a player though so all is accepted:rolleyes:, that's life when you can make a ball.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
Always a class act and always the right attitude, unlike some AHEM scott frost AHEM who always has an excuse on facebook.

They read like excuses sometimes but I think he's just trying to give a lot of detail for some reason. His FB is real personal.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I wish I had seen this match. It must have been a nail-biter.

So Mike Dechaine is who you're referring to?

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member

Wasn't he ripping on his dad as well, and telling them to go back to Mexico?

You say that crap to the wrong person in some towns, you'll get your head cracked open.
Sometimes I think tha'ts not too bad of a solution.

BrianaBrown13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kudos to Oscar for doing the right thing. Somewhere, sometime the pool gods (yes there are pool gods) will reward him. What goes around, comes around.