Show and Tell... Kinda!

gdc25

I call 'em like I see 'em
Silver Member
Since I've not seen a "home room" thread for a while, I thought I would share what I've been up to since I moved a year ago.

When I took my new job, I had 2 stipulations about where I would live. (aside from the assumed indoor plumbing et. al...). 1. My dogs had to have a place to run outside and
2. I had to have a room big enough for my pool table.

Stipulation 1 was met by installing chain link around the entirety of my backyard. Stipulation 2 was met in the form of a detached 2 car garage.

Note: Ignore the mess, I know there's some things that need put away but it's been a busy/hot summer.

The first thing I did (after setting up my pool table), was install screen walls in the spaces occupied by the front (double) and back (single) overhead garage doors.

picture.php

Front (double) overhead door

picture.php

Rear (single) overhead door

After that was all said and done, I decided that I needed a light for my table, but I didn't want your typical light, I wanted something different so.... I re-purposed a few things that were in the way in the garage...

picture.php

Yes, that is exactly what it looks like, and I'm kind of proud of it.

(Note: My brother showed up for a visit while I was building that. The quote was.... "Do I even want to ask?")

I had the room about where I wanted it, but I had some scoring beads that I had no idea where or how to hang as the overhead doors were in the way... A little bit of pool therapy and "Light bulb moment!..." problem solved.

picture.php

Anyway, I hope this thread didn't bore you too much and at least one of you has been entertained. I spend more time in that "room" than I do in the house proper and I'm kinda proud. Now I gotta pick up some clutter.

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The pool ball organizer is very cool, would love to have one!

I've thought about a false wall in my garage, to help insulate. Though mine would be solid and on the inside of the door.

Love the picnic table light.

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a million reasons not to put one in a garage but I sure do bet it would be nice playing in there late evenings early am, all summer long. Drink fridge and Webber nearby!!!

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Wtf?

Weren't you all bothered coz centennial weren't voted the best balls ever, by everyone?

I see aramiths, maybe cyclops. Definitely cyclops. Cyclops. Uhh huh...jeopardy comes on at 7. Cyclops.

Hahar!
Cyclopes never,skittles are fer eaten
Aramith pro came with the table

10 minutes to whoopnar

Aramith crown is fine with me
Centennial if you got the scratch

Last edited:

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the light! Wouldn't work in a house, but looks great there. As far as clutter, the only clutter I see is on the pool table. When you own your own table, it should never be covered. You should always have a rack of balls on the table ready to go. That way, you can hear the balls calling out to you "shoot me, shoot me" whenever you get within hearing range of the table. :wink: