Will bar pool survive covid-19?

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I am wondering what your guys thoughts are on pool tables in bars surviving covid-19? In my mind even if pool halls do not survive covid-19 pool tables in bars will still survive. But I am curious on your guys thoughts.

Thanks

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think bar pool will be around a while longer , regular pool rooms maybe on the last leg, too many options make more money per sq. ft.

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think bar pool will be around a while longer , regular pool rooms maybe on the last leg, too many options make more money per sq. ft.

agree..many businesses are/will be affected by covid
honestly bars around here were getting rid of tables already
but overall, I'm concerned about proper poolrooms
knockin on my cue wood that they maintain-

Buckzapper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The ratio of pool players to tavern ball bangers is 1 to 179. Bar box pool will survive, due to the feeling of exhilaration and accomplishment after pocketing a rather lengthy 2 foot shot into a 6" wide pocket.
Myself, I wear a black trench coat with almost 80 league patches on it. That lets you know you're facing a deadly player. I carry a 4 x 8 case to hold my cues. Main player is a Predonair (imported), plus 2 jump cues and a 27 ounce breaker. Oh yea, and my shot clock if I start to play slow.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Yes. Darts and pool in bars will survive. Always good to keep customers busy and happy.
In general times of recession, bars, strip clubs, ladies of the night and other such activities do well, at least better than other businesses. People need the distraction I guess. Maybe some bars will remove their tables for a while, but I think they'll be back.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bar pool leagues should mostly be be fine - it's the bars themselves I'm much less confident about. Some neighborhood bars won't reopen and more will close after they reopen and business never picks up. Players will be able find somewhere else to go but some longtime host locations will be lost.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think bar pool will always be there but whether your regular shooting buddy or shooting crew will return remains to be seen. Bar pool is more popular than pool rooms with 9 foots.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eventually it will be discovered the doom and gloom models were wildly overstated and things will return to normal - except from some politicians who will lose their job for overreacting to the flu.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Whether they have tables or not, bars are going to be some of the busiest establishments once we get back to normal, hopefully next week.

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool is not dead. If a room made money in the past, it will in the future. May not be same owners, but somebody will step up.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Bars, Resturants, and Pool Rooms are closed in Arizona. People are still drinking, CVS, and Wal-Green were I live, are selling record amount of liquor.

Senior are party animals,

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's going to take awhile for me to go back to bars.

I'm going to enjoy this lock down and hopefully it lasts longer.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I think some of the pool scene will shift away from poolrooms and in the direction of the bars. My guess is that once Corona is behind us, bar pool will not only survive but thrive.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
League pool will be more fragmented. You aren't going to put 14 teams on 7 bar tables with 85 players in a room.

You will see who is lean and mean. Rooms are going to be lucky to be allowed to put half capacity in the room. Bar service will be suspended.

You may see more rooms switch to pool clubs... To eliminate or lessen payroll.

Will be a lot less people playing socially. It slows with the better weather anyway. I think many will be reluctant to be indoors with others.