Tim Scruggs Estimation?

sammy1712

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi

I own a TS since almost 8 years now. I would like to know your opinion what this cue is approximately worth today?

The cue is not for sale!!
I´m only curious, that´s it :)
The cue is between 95%-98% perfect.
Attached some pictures
Hope you enjoy :wink:

TS1_1.jpg

TS3_1.jpg

TS4_1.jpg

TS5_1.jpg

TS6_1.jpg

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
it's a great looking cue with a fair amount of ivory and if it has 4 shafts, 2 orig and 2 by Mike Cochran and all is straight, I would say market value is $2500 - $3000.

Love the look of that wrap on this cue, too. :thumbup:

best,
brian kc

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This cue has a clean look and has ivory inlays and an ivory joint. The wrap looks great and you have 2 original shafts plus 2 other shafts. The ring work is well thought out and not gaudy.

Hold on to this cue because it will continue to appreciate in value.

I think this cue will bring at least $3000 in today's market and maybe a little more.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Mike cocran made the shafts,then all 4 shafts are original
Mike made most of the cues that came out of the scruggs shop the last several years

You have a very nice cue

i hope you enjoy it for a long time
Dean

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the shafts were made by Mile Cochran, not Jim, have matching rings that adds $600 - $700 value to the cue..
However, if the shafts do not match, that changes and the aforementioned added value becomes $250-300.
The basic cue should sell for between $2350 -2700 plus the allowance for the addt'l shafts.as described.
Let's keep in mind that even though it's a Scruggs cue, the resale market has dropped off the past 3-4 years.
In general, if the seller could get 95% of the value after all is said and done, that's the best one can hope for.

Matt B,

sammy1712

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank all of you for your comment :thumbup:

As I mentiond at my posting no way to sell ever :grin:
I only wonder a bit that your estimations regarding price are way below the price I paid back in 2009
Anyhow doesn´t matter how much somebody would pay as it´s not for sale

Thanks

Gerhard

I only wonder a bit that your estimations regarding price are way below the price I paid back in 2009

Thanks

Gerhard

Perhaps the market is just bad right now. At least you’re not selling it so it won’t be an issue for you!

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

Thanks

Gerhard

The cue market is terrible. Sorry that you paid more for this cue, but if you like how it plays and how it looks, then you have a nice cue indeed.

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That's a good looking cue you have there and I would say
it's worth $3500.00 w/2 shafts - add 300-400 for the other
two shafts. I would never sell it for less then that, not ever!
Beautiful Cue, Hell, my 6 point Lambros w/4 shafts would never
leave my hands for anything under $2,600 and it has no ivory in it.

peterskw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not a Scruggs expert but, I do watch cue prices a lot (but not an expert). I see very plain Scruggs cues go for 2.5k+ and this one is exceptional! I'd expect a price way more than 3k for this cue. Just my opinion.

KP

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks

Gerhard

Good attitude. Never buy anything unless you are satisfied that you will remain happy even if prices and demand drop. That way, you won't be disappointed.