WTB: budget sneaky pete

Ariosto

Registered
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi everyone, I'm Slawek from Poland and this is my first post here :)

Anyway, and I'd like to buy a classic sneaky pete. By classic I mean 'hustler' style, brown not black, basic design, wood to wood joint, no frills. Can be used, even slightly worn. Has to be 'playable' though, i.e. 100% straight etc.
Light, 18 or 19 oz.

I have a rather tight budget so I'm thinking of something in the area of $100 (with shipping to Poland, but as far as I can see on Ebay, this is about $30). I think an original Canadian Dufferin, much like the one described here:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=153839

would be perfect and is realistic for that money. Or maybe a used Lucasi with uni-loc, or maybe something else.
I'd be willing to pay some more if you have something special to offer, though.
This is rather urgent, as I'm without a cue ATM, so I hope you can help :).

Best,
SW

Ariosto

Registered
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi,

thanks everyone for the PMs. It seems I'll need more offers though. I hope I can find something soon as at the moment I'm absolutely cue-less...

By the way, this forum is impressive!
SW

PS: once more the specs:
2 pc classic hustler style, plain, wood to wood joint, no wrap around the butt
classic design (is it called 'four points'?)
light (18-19 oz)
brown colour (cocobolo, rosewood, etc.) - not black
playable, that is straight etc.
may be a little worn
budget - about $100 with Shipping, although I'm not saying this is the upper limit if you offer something nice

center pocket

It's just a hobby, but a fun one.
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I have a sneaky pete dufferin that plays real good. It looks exactly like you described it and plays excellent. 75$ shipped to you. Let me know

Jeff G. Martin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Schmelke

Have you checked out Schmelke? They're made somewhat near me in Wisconsin and are a great cue for the value. You can customize some options like the weight, pin, or shaft size at no charge! Check them out!

krbsailing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
323   0   0
I've got a couple......

but, you'd need to spend at least $200.....may want to checkout the Player's cues on Pooldawg or a similar site :smile:

Ariosto

Registered
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks!

I don't think I'm ready to spend $200 - unless there's something spectacular that I fall in love with.

The problem with online stores is that I fancy a used sneaky; not heavily worn of course, but not all new and shiny either. Also, I don't know what good all those brands are. New Dufferins for example don't have a great reputation. I could go for a Lucasi, but they chose to spoil their hustler sneaky with shiny gadgets!
But a whole month without a playing cue is a bit too much, so I may eventually go that way.

Best,
SW

orangecrush

Just a banger
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I would go with a new cue. It really won't take you too loong to break-in the new shaft. And you don't have to worry about if the shaft is straight or all dinted from someone else. Unless you plan on playing once a week or something. The Smelkies are a good deal. Just a suggestion.

Shane

jaydog468

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Hi everyone, I'm Slawek from Poland and this is my first post here :)

Anyway, and I'd like to buy a classic sneaky pete. By classic I mean 'hustler' style, brown not black, basic design, wood to wood joint, no frills. Can be used, even slightly worn. Has to be 'playable' though, i.e. 100% straight etc.
Light, 18 or 19 oz.

I have a rather tight budget so I'm thinking of something in the area of $100 (with shipping to Poland, but as far as I can see on Ebay, this is about $30). I think an original Canadian Dufferin, much like the one described here:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=153839

would be perfect and is realistic for that money. Or maybe a used Lucasi with uni-loc, or maybe something else.
I'd be willing to pay some more if you have something special to offer, though.
This is rather urgent, as I'm without a cue ATM, so I hope you can help :).

Best,
SW

joe has some nice s/p he go by Bamacues on az.