>>>> Show us your Fellini Cases <<<<

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Ok, I know some guys are sitting on some great old classic cases out there. We've seen a few sea turtle prints come out of the woodwork in recent months. What other neat ones do people have tucked away ??

Here's a nice one I picked up at the SBE.

Attachments

• 2013-04-21_10.41.05.jpg
    2013-04-21_10.41.05.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 2,754

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nice, mine are pretty plain and have a lot of character marks!

Eventually I would like to get a nice tooled Fellini.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't have anything "special", just a black one. But I have had it since 1985 and it holds my block letter JOSS, so it is special to me.

Fourth case from left:

IMG_0965.JPG

IMG_0189.JPG

Original Key:

IMG_0192.JPG

IMG_0861.JPG

A few extra keys, 20 of them :thumbup::

IMG_0968.JPG

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Cool pics...thanks Jayman.

Great cases and pics, Doc. Now I know who's got all the old keys...lol.

Each and every Fellini is special imo. :)

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Red felt Fellini and a shot of 3...

JV

Attachments

• P7240122.jpg
    P7240122.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 2,414
  • 3_fellini.jpg
    3_fellini.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 2,386

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house&#129304;&#127995;
Silver Member
I don't have anything "special", just a black one. But I have had it since 1985 and it holds my block letter JOSS, so it is special to me.

Fourth case from left:

IMG_0965.JPG

IMG_0189.JPG

Original Key:

IMG_0192.JPG

IMG_0861.JPG

A few extra keys, 20 of them :thumbup::

IMG_0968.JPG

can i buy a key from you? thanks mickey

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house&#129304;&#127995;
Silver Member
sea turtle fellini....with a little something to go in it...:eek:

Attachments

• szamboti plus sea turtle fellini 007.JPG
    szamboti plus sea turtle fellini 007.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 2,251

NicKen

Registered
Here are a couple from in the back of the closet. Black one bought from original owner here in Seattle holds one of the nicest Roger Pettit cues he has made. Diamond back holds first snake wood tascarella cue made. Great Cases for great cues.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 2,247

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Great examples, guys....keep 'em coming.

Anybody got one with the early red label? I had one once and sold it...not sure if I still have any pics.

Last edited:

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Snakes...

Fellini, Mint Ann Gore, and a Thomas

JV

Attachments

• DSC03776.jpg
    DSC03776.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 2,161

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for all the pics and links. Keep 'em coming. I'm sure everyone would like to see more of these treasured cases. They are some of the most iconic ever made imho.

Attachments

• 2013-04-26 09.32.26.jpg
    2013-04-26 09.32.26.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 1,039
  • 2013-04-26 09.32.49.jpg
    2013-04-26 09.32.49.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 1,036

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for all the pics and links. Keep 'em coming. I'm sure everyone would like to see more of these treasured cases. They are some of the most iconic ever made imho.

Absolutely.

It's amazing how true that is. There are obviously other cases of this genre that are of equal quality and even more rare, yet they don't carry quite the same iconic status.

I myself am very fascinated with these cases.

Why? How?

I think that one of the things that has helped the Fellini cases gain their status is the cues that they held. Fellini cases have famously held many of the best and iconic cues out there. When such cues "turn up" they are often in a Fellini case. Even more than that, we know that these were often "real players", which gives them a kind of "mystique" as we associate them with many great matches, great action, road players, and simply great pool.

Right now, sitting in the closets of old players all over the country are cues like JOSS, JW, Scruggs, Spain, Gina, etc, and even a Bushka or two that haven't been touched in years, maybe decades. The cues have dark shafts, likely with ivory ferrules. They are wrapped with Cortland or masterfully finished leather. The finish is likely thin and maybe yellowed. They were made by the hands of masters and played a lot of great pool in old school pool halls...many of which are gone. You can picture them. You're hoping you will be the one to find the next one. Even just holding one is a thrill. And you know that you are picturing them all in Fellini cases.