OB Rift Break Cue

SirFitzalot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OB lift only made in china? Sorry sorry couldn't help it. Totally made me think of the Chinese restaurant in A Christmas Story.

SirFitzalot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ah but see the restaurant in the movie was chinese. It was merely just a remark based off that joke in the movie. Nothing more.

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
Ah but see the restaurant in the movie was chinese. It was merely just a remark based off that joke in the movie. Nothing more.

I believe you. I have some old cartoons that attempt to be racist and mix up the asian stereotypes pretty bad.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I believe you. I have some old cartoons that attempt to be racist and mix up the asian stereotypes pretty bad.

really, this is semi racist and other PC kinda stuff ? Some Asians do have a problem with pronouncing the letter "r", china, japan, whatever.

My mother in law is German, and has a hard time pronouncing the letter "w" because it does not exist in German... yes, they have the letter "w" but it's pronounced like a "v".... and "v" is pronounced like an "f".

But, I still ask her if her wacuum cleaner is still working fine... never thought I was being racist....cause that is what she calls it... she pronounces all "v"s as "w' because she has hard time differentiating or understanding which ones sound like what, so just the way she rolls... but I still bust her chops anyways ;)

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
really, this is semi racist and other PC kinda stuff ? Some Asians do have a problem with pronouncing the letter "r", china, japan, whatever.

My mother in law is German, and has a hard time pronouncing the letter "w" because it does not exist in German... yes, they have the letter "w" but it's pronounced like a "v".... and "v" is pronounced like an "f".

But, I still ask her if her wacuum cleaner is still working fine... never thought I was being racist....cause that is what she calls it... she pronounces all "v"s as "w' because she has hard time differentiating or understanding which ones sound like what, so just the way she rolls... but I still bust her chops anyways ;)

...or so the germans would have us believe!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdjY_UnNtQ4

RBC

Deceased
more details on this, wher's the ob rep?

Well, I guess I found it!

Ok, the OB Rift break cues were debuted, for display, first at the BCA trade show in Louisville, and then just a few weeks ago at the BCAPL National event. We will also have them on display at the APA Team Nationals starting next week in Las Vegas.

It's been a crazy summer!

The new OB Rift break cues have a few new features to them.

They are built on our Straight Line Core system similar to what's used in our playing cues. This allows us to better control weighting. Not necessarily how heavy or the overall balance, but more of where we put weight, and where we don't.

They will come with the 3/8-10 joint same as our current play cues.

They will utilize a compound taper to the butt, increasing the stiffness in the forearm area of the butt.

The butt's are Hard Maple, stained blue. The same color as our Rift Jump Cues. They will come in a wrapless version, and one with a rubber grip.

We have 2 different shafts available with them.

The OB Control+ shaft is very similar to our previous OB Break shaft, but it is now built on our Spliced Solid Maple SR6+ construction. This one does use the same laminated maple ferrule, carbon fiber pad, and Samsara Break tip. It is 13mm.

The OB Speed+ is a new shaft, also built on the SR6+ construction. It comes with a longer 13.25mm taper, LBM ferrule and phenolic tip.

Basically, the Control+ is really intended for us mortal players who can't break at max power and still find the middle of the cue ball. The Control+'s low squirt properties help us hit the rack square and solid increasing our break performance.

The Speed+ is a different beast all together. The thicker but longer taper allows for complete follow through without jamming in your bridge. The phenolic tip and stronger ferrule reduce any loss of energy to ensure maximum break speed. This shaft is really for the more advanced player who can hit it hard and still find the middle of the cue ball and the front of the rack.

Well, there you have it.

We expect the first production to come out of the shop late August. Much of the early production is already spoken for and will be going out to many of our dealers. Watch the website for availability as we get closer to the end of August.

Thanks

Royce

thelmstetter

Tomcat
Silver Member
Can you post some pic's

Can you post some pictures? I am a OB fan and I am looking forward to seeing the new break cue.

Thanks, Tom

RBC

Deceased
Can you post some pictures? I am a OB fan and I am looking forward to seeing the new break cue.

Thanks, Tom

Tom

If by chance you are going to the APA Nationals, you can see them there. Prototypes, anyway.

Other than that, just watch the website. That's where we'll post them first.

Royce

Casper980

Registered
Royce,
Can you tell us what the MSRP on the new break cue will be? With wrap, without wrap, I am guessing shaft pricing will be the same. Thank you!

Last edited:

rrich1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was at the apa nationals this past week and tried out the new break cues and jump cue. The break cues were nice but I preferred the hit of my gen 1 on break. The rubber grip had a definite edge where the two ends met. I had to keep spinning the cue to get a good feel. Now the jump cue was great. I am not a jumper and have tried in the past with marginal success. With the lift I jumped every time. I liked it so much I purchased one. :)

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Soon I should have 2-Lift and 2-Lift Pro's from OB.
I have not used one, but I ordered extra's while I was building an order.
I'll post something when they come in, like gallery picks while they're still in the velvet
liners or plastic, however OB sends them out><:smile:
I hope they work, they should, no reason to worry about OB.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was at the apa nationals this past week and tried out the new break cues and jump cue. The break cues were nice but I preferred the hit of my gen 1 on break. The rubber grip had a definite edge where the two ends met. I had to keep spinning the cue to get a good feel. Now the jump cue was great. I am not a jumper and have tried in the past with marginal success. With the lift I jumped every time. I liked it so much I purchased one. :)

I spoke with a friend last night who had just gotten back from APA Nationals. His opinion was exactly like yours. He has a Predator Air 2 jump cue and said the Lift was far superior, the best jump cue he has ever tried. He has a BK3 break cue and said after trying the Rift, he found it rather mediocre and saw no reason to change.

rrich1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I spoke with a friend last night who had just gotten back from APA Nationals. His opinion was exactly like yours. He has a Predator Air 2 jump cue and said the Lift was far superior, the best jump cue he has ever tried. He has a BK3 break cue and said after trying the Rift, he found it rather mediocre and saw no reason to change.
I tried the air 2 there as well and it was meh. The lift was far easier to jump with. I should have tried a Jacob while I was there but didn't. I am happy with my choice as now I am all matched up with my break and ob 108 I again tried the bk3 and liked it. Stillwater no reason to switch. Somethings just cannot be improved upon I guess