Need help finding a LD shaft for my pechauer

AHandel77

Registered
Im an intermediate player who is looking into buying a low deflection shaft for my jp joint pechauer. Any advice on what the best LD shaft is? I know that Pechauer makes their own LD shafts but I can't find any reviews on them. Any advice is helpful

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I used to have a Pechauer pro series type with a steel joint, 5/16-14 piloted.
Somewhere I picked up a matching 314 Predator shaft, and the cue played much better than it did with the original Pechauer shaft.
If fact, I traded the cue with just the original Pechauer shaft, it's been passed around a little, and everybody that has played with it hates the cue.
The 314 shaft made a big difference.

JoeyC71176

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Pechauer LD shaft for my cue. I can say it shoots really well. I like the feel of the Pechauer shaft over OB shafts I have shot with.

I feel I play better with the regular shafts though. What reasons are you looking to buy an LD shaft for?

AHandel77

Registered
I have been playing for a pretty long time and I would like to see how a low deflection shaft could affect my game

Big C

Deep in the heart of TX.
Silver Member
I have been playing for a pretty long time and I would like to see how a low deflection shaft could affect my game
There's going to be a bit of a learning curve switching from a solid to laminated LD shaft. I found a billiard store near where I live that will let you test hit with their demo cues/shafts as they have a table set up and several different cues/shafts to try. I suggest you see if there are any billiard stores like this in your area. Once you find one you like, it won't be long before you adjust to it naturally.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im an intermediate player who is looking into buying a low deflection shaft for my jp joint pechauer. Any advice on what the best LD shaft is? I know that Pechauer makes their own LD shafts but I can't find any reviews on them. Any advice is helpful

The new Pechauer ld shafts are awesome.
Get one. You can't go wrong.

madhatter44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ld shaft for pechauer

My secondary cue is a Pechauer pro with the Pechauer pro LD shaft.
It plays very well. I like it better than the 314 which I also tried.
Many places have a return policy so you can try it out and return it
if its not for you.

al-capool

Imagine all the people...
Silver Member
When I went to the Billard-Shop for my new 314-2 shaft, I also asked if I can try out the black Kamui "S". He gave me a new JP Pro Series Cue with this tip on it, in my hands. At first I saw I'm playing with a thinner laminated shaft, without looking I thought I'm playing with a Z2.
Then from the first stroke, trough the next 2 racks and till the last ball, I've missed only 1 shot! FOR REAL! When I finished, he told me that's the new Pechauer Pro Series / (11.75mm) Plus Lite Shaft!
IMO the combination of a JP Cue with a JP-LD-shaft and a black Kamui S or SS Tip on it, are just matching perfect! At least to me...
Only thing I can add is a BRAVO to Jerry and his Staff