Did McCreedy and CJ ever match up?

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No idea if they played. Would have been good if they were both in their prime. I'd give a slight edge to Keith.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Out of respect I am not going to mention names ( not Keith ) but I knew someone real well that would do a footer ( would kill most ordinary people ) and then go and play the most amazing one pocket anyone has ever seen - I promise you!

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Out of respect I am not going to mention names ( not Keith ) but I knew someone real well that would do a footer ( would kill most ordinary people ) and then go and play the most amazing one pocket anyone has ever seen - I promise you!

Maybe that's why billiards will never be an Olympic sport. Too much drug testing!

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

Sorry, I was inferring to Keith drinking Bud while playing.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
i like the KM of 74-78 by 10 games in a race to a hun vs the CJ of any vintage

jackpot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You saw them both

i like the KM of 74-78 by 10 games in a race to a hun vs the CJ of any vintage

Did you see both play in their prime ? If not I can understand what you think. If you
did I am baffled.
jack

Dave714

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CJ said they played at his place in the 90s CJ won I read reading between the lines. In the mid to late 80's and early 90's no one beat CJ gambling. He said for 3 yrs he didn't take many loses. I ask you this: who has turned playing pool for himself into a lucrative career beside CJ. He owned CJ Billiard and Carson's nightclub at the same time during the downside of his playing career and it wasn't his CREDIT SCORE that got these two businesses. Now he's been playing 2 or 3 years getting back in shape and hasn't worked a drop for a paycheck !! He might not hit HIS top gear again time will tell. But IMO no one has put more money in his pocket and had his career financed thru POOL like CJ. Can anyone out do CJ in that category.

Last edited:

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Did you see both play in their prime ? If not I can understand what you think. If you
did I am baffled.
jack

Hi Jack,

i saw KM play several times during the time frame i mentioned and i sweated some of CJ as late as 92/93, so, i don't think CJ played as well then as he did in 96/97 but i just don't think he could have handled KM's firepower which was off the charts.

imo the only player KM wasn't a prohibitive favorite over when he was at the peak of his power might have been Buddy and perhaps some unknown pinoy

REMPE, MIZ, HOPPIE, LOUIE, RICHIE, CORRILO, WADE, etc, couldn't get there

Once KM get in dead wang he did lot's of packs, a precursor of EARL

How would you handicap the match based on your experience of watching CJ at his best

Best, adam

i wonder what JAY's opinion is

Last edited: