SVB cheating? Shaw/SVB Derby 9 Ball

sid98

Registered
My bad - I see this has been talked about in the DCC 9 ball thread. I'll delete once I figure out how to do so.

sid98

Registered
Yeah Shaw complains about the rack, then forces SVB to rerack. He does and makes a ball and runs out. Shaw then quits and calls him a cheater.

JustPlay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
@ the 42 minute mark Shaw clearly states to Shane that he was cheating by not having the balls touch, making for an easy pocketing of balls on the break.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We know Shane was cheating?

Is this your first day on the 9ball train?

I will tell you something: it appears there may be ways to manipulate the rack. It appears a perfect rack leads to its own issues.

Shame somebody doesn't write a little book about it. He tucker a multi millionaire, un doobie-ly

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As much as I'm a big fan of Jayson. He's off base here.
The last 3 racks Shane made the wing ball. I watched him do that to Jayson in the finals of Turning Stone 28 and Jayson was racking.

Shane just knows how to break from the box.

Now if Shane sank 3 9 balls in a row and intentionally left gaps in the back of the rack in order to do so, then that's a different story.

But making the wing ball and running out 8 balls in 3 consecutive racks is not cheating.

Does Jayson think even with an accu rack/magic rack Shane wouldn't be making the wing ball??

mrshifty

Registered
Jason made the wing ball with a soft break his 1st 2 breaks, and barely missed it on his 3rd break. When it didn't go in on his 3rd break, he seemed really surprised, almost like it was a forgone conclusion that that ball would be in the pocket.

Pangit

Banned
Is this your first day on the 9ball train?

I will tell you something: it appears there may be ways to manipulate the rack. It appears a perfect rack leads to its own issues.

Shame somebody doesn't write a little book about it. He tucker a multi millionaire, un doobie-ly

This is the problem with rack your own 9-ball. Pool is light years behind other competive "sports." The purses prove it and popularity amongst sporting fans prove it.

Shady characters do shady things given the chance.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

This is the problem with rack your own 9-ball. Pool is light years behind other competive "sports." The purses prove it and popularity amongst sporting fans prove it.

That is conveniently ignorant.

Pool's lack of mainstream success is not affected by strict adherence to rules, or lack thereof.

Anything worth anything will see participants pursue any competitive advantage the believe will better their results.

Pangit

Banned
That is conveniently ignorant.

Pool's lack of mainstream success is not affected by strict adherence to rules, or lack thereof.

Anything worth anything will see participants pursue any competitive advantage the believe will better their results.

Coming from an conveniently ignorant expert, I'll consider this a complement.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Did you watch it or are you just taking your shot at throwing an entire sport under the bus???????? How the balls are racked has NOTHING to do with pool's success or lack thereof. The game has issues but this isn't one of them.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Coming from an conveniently ignorant expert, I'll consider this a complement.

I am not completely sure why you would respond that way.

You know very well that your comment was intended to be inflammatory and divisive. It only told a very small part of the story.

Oh, wait... I just figured out why.. Because you post stuff like that all the time.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pathetic!

SVB has worked on his break and still does everyday. He has the best break in the game rack your own, opponent rack, with a ref racking, it doesn't matter.

Nobody likes the wood rack, the balls aren't tight..., nobody likes the Magic Rack the balls go in to easy.., WTF!

If you look at the figures and calculations that ATLarge does on this site after every major event you'll see the breaker only has a small advantage in rotation games anyway.

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you watch it or are you just taking your shot at throwing an entire sport under the bus???????? How the balls are racked has NOTHING to do with pool's success or lack thereof. The game has issues but this isn't one of them.

It's a huge issue. Rack your own is toxic. Tournaments of this standard should have at the very least referees who also rack the balls as neutrals. It's rack your own that throws the sport under the bus, not some guy moaning about it.