Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Logo design challenge
Page 3 of 4 123 4

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#31)
victorl
Where'd my stroke go?
victorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-16-2015, 07:49 PM

Here's something I threw together on photoshop.
The lettering and colors can all be changed to suit your preferences.

Cheers,
Vic
Attached Images

Old
  (#32)
TATE
AzB Gold Mensch
TATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

06-16-2015, 09:09 PM

Here's my entry. instead of an "8" a closer looks reveals a DD.

I prefer the tilted version myself - looks like the ball is rolling.

Chris
Attached Images

Visit my historic cues site:
www.palmercollector.com

Last edited by TATE; 06-16-2015 at 09:34 PM.

just ideas
Old
  (#33)
zencues.com
Love to Win Hate to Lose
zencues.com has a reputation beyond reputezencues.com has a reputation beyond reputezencues.com has a reputation beyond reputezencues.com has a reputation beyond reputezencues.com has a reputation beyond reputezencues.com has a reputation beyond reputezencues.com has a reputation beyond reputezencues.com has a reputation beyond reputezencues.com has a reputation beyond reputezencues.com has a reputation beyond reputezencues.com has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

just ideas - 06-16-2015, 09:12 PM

#3 mistake is on purpose
Attached Images

Old
  (#34)
TATE
AzB Gold Mensch
TATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

06-16-2015, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Dave View Post
Hi guys,

For quite a few years now we've had the same basic design on our webshop
and it's time for a change. I've spent some money on Fiverr.com but have not
had the result I've been looking for. It's not that they're bad designers but not
a lot of people can relate to the cue market.

The best designs I got from there I will add as attachments.

We operate in the custom cue and upper end of the production cue market.
I have no preferences to certain colours I would simply like the design to, well,
be good. It would be best I think if somehow a ball or cue was integrated into
the design. It will be used mainly in the header or our site so something along
the lines of 225x150 pixels is the size it will be mostly used in (hence no super
detailed stuff).

If a logo is designed that we will use for the website the designer will obviously
be compensated but by posting the design here (or as a PM to me) understand
that you are giving me the right to use the image as I see fit.

gr. Dave
As far as your original choices, pf these I like the rack design the best. It has a nice shape and I like the lettering. Kind of a retro look.

Visit my historic cues site:
www.palmercollector.com

Old
  (#35)
Double-Dave
Developing cue-addict
Double-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5795

06-17-2015, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyscraperChris View Post
Dave, a few things to consider when going into logo design (I'm a professional graphic/product/packaging/web designer in the pool & billiards industry):

Logo design is highly intensive. Aside from car and architectural design, I consider it the most challenging of all disciplines, simply because you need to say as much about a company as humanly possible in a split second. In that split second, you need to grab the attention of your market and communicate - in some cases - many ideas at once.

In order to achieve a great logo, your designer needs to know anything and everything about your company. For instance, if a lemonade company comes to me without giving information, I might just design a boring lemon logo. But what if that lemonade company uses lemons grown only in Hawaii? And what if that Hawaiian company is marketing their product mainly to kids? Well then their logo is already turning into something interesting and ideas are more directed and less up in the air.

I understand if your budget is limited to about $100 worth of equipment, but understand that a logo is the core of a brand's visual identity. Everything from its color, composition, typefaces used, and graphic style should all be integrated into the rest of the brand's identity (such as the business card, the website, the store front, the company's uniform, if applicable, etc.).

I have seen on MANY forums in other industries where the owner offers $50-$100 or so compensation. But you should know that the average market value for logo design - depending on the scope of the client - is usually around $600-$5,000, by professional designers. I generally charge $1,000 for all my logo designs, but in the pool industry I go as low as $500, since most of my clients are there.

The process is typically a 6-week, 6-stage process, where I start out with about 50-60 black and white ideas (mostly rough) and ask the client to pick 5 or so that they like. From there, I take those 5 and elaborate further on those, still working in black and white, and creating a new batch of about maybe 100 different ideas. From there, we move to round 3 in color, and you see how this goes. This goes for 6 rounds (more rounds cost a few extra bucks).

Good logo design isn't just "here's the finished design in color." There is a long process in which the designer and client go through stages of ideas. Remember that your logo SHOULD be something you use for decades. Brand identity is very important, especially in an industry where pool players have an enormous amount of choices. If your brand changes every few years, you get lost in the crowd. Stay recognizable. The best brands in the world do this. And if they update their logo, it's minimally.

So if you take a logo design here from someone who happens to come up with a decent idea, you'll still need to have it trickle down into the rest of your brand identity (unless you don't care about that). These are serious things to consider because a new logo is a huge investment in your company. I don't mean to discredit those who give you ideas, but you are a professional and I'm sure you value a pro's work.

Thanks for your time Dave. If you want to see my work, you can visit my sites here:

Company website: fastnloosedesigns.com
Portfolio website: chrisdesignsstuff.com

If you're interested, I can design your logo for a good price. Thanks!

-Chris Santana, fast&loose designs
Hi Chris,

Interesting write up and with the amount of work invloved I can see where the
price comes from.

But, and I do mean this totally respectfully, for my company it would be overkill.
I am allready well established in the market. We are redoing our website both
frontend and backend and the amount of money you're talking about just for a
logo (not your special price) is what we spend on the entire frontend and backend
re-design.

I am not going to be the next Amazon, I sell high end pool cues because that is
what I love to do and that market will always be very, very limited.

gr. Dave

Playing cue: Cuechanger cocobolo
Break + jump cue: Cuechanger
Case: Sterling wave 4x8
League: NPB Superleague + Top Pool League TPL1 + DBA Topleague
Hours play: 8-10 per week

www.doubledavecues.com
www.budgetstukadoor.nl

Last edited by Double-Dave; 06-17-2015 at 03:56 AM.

Old
  (#36)
Brain71
Railbird
Brain71 has a reputation beyond reputeBrain71 has a reputation beyond reputeBrain71 has a reputation beyond reputeBrain71 has a reputation beyond reputeBrain71 has a reputation beyond reputeBrain71 has a reputation beyond reputeBrain71 has a reputation beyond reputeBrain71 has a reputation beyond reputeBrain71 has a reputation beyond reputeBrain71 has a reputation beyond reputeBrain71 has a reputation beyond repute

06-17-2015, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorl View Post
Here's something I threw together on photoshop.
The lettering and colors can all be changed to suit your preferences.

Cheers,
Vic

That's not bad. Simple. Professional in my opinion.

Hate Is So Much Easier To Feel Than Love........

Old
  (#37)
cubc
AzB Silver Member
cubc has a reputation beyond reputecubc has a reputation beyond reputecubc has a reputation beyond reputecubc has a reputation beyond reputecubc has a reputation beyond reputecubc has a reputation beyond reputecubc has a reputation beyond reputecubc has a reputation beyond reputecubc has a reputation beyond reputecubc has a reputation beyond reputecubc has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

06-17-2015, 05:37 AM

I had this idea for a logo icon.

With two Ds in your name I was thinking about D with a superscript 2. Then shooting a cue through the D and making the superscript 2 a ball. This is just a first pass,

Cue: Bobby Hunter
j/b: Xbreaker
"I know it's everybody's sin. You got to lose to know how to win."

Old
  (#38)
Double-Dave
Developing cue-addict
Double-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5795

06-17-2015, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubc View Post
I had this idea for a logo icon.

With two Ds in your name I was thinking about D with a superscript 2. Then shooting a cue through the D and making the superscript 2 a ball. This is just a first pass,
I like several things about this design, but, even though my screenname is
DoubleDave, my company name is DoubleDave Cues so I am missing either
the C or DoubleDave Cues written out in full somewhere somehow.

gr. Dave

Playing cue: Cuechanger cocobolo
Break + jump cue: Cuechanger
Case: Sterling wave 4x8
League: NPB Superleague + Top Pool League TPL1 + DBA Topleague
Hours play: 8-10 per week

www.doubledavecues.com
www.budgetstukadoor.nl

Old
  (#39)
cubc
AzB Silver Member
cubc has a reputation beyond reputecubc has a reputation beyond reputecubc has a reputation beyond reputecubc has a reputation beyond reputecubc has a reputation beyond reputecubc has a reputation beyond reputecubc has a reputation beyond reputecubc has a reputation beyond reputecubc has a reputation beyond reputecubc has a reputation beyond reputecubc has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

06-17-2015, 06:39 AM

The image above has been updated.

Cue: Bobby Hunter
j/b: Xbreaker
"I know it's everybody's sin. You got to lose to know how to win."

Old
  (#40)
Billiardbills
Billiard Bill
Billiardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-17-2015, 09:32 AM

Looks pretty good to me and looks like it can be CNC'd too other than the shading and fonts being small when on say a delrin butt cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.billiardbills.com
billiardbills@gmail.com
239.823.0408 call or text

Under promise and over deliver...

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so...
-Mark Twain

my design... for your consideration
Old
  (#41)
PickPocket
AzB Silver Member
PickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond repute

my design... for your consideration - 06-17-2015, 09:32 AM

Very rough (used Bitmap) I just wanted to visualize the design a little.. but here is my take on it, fonts & image would obviously need to be configured to taste.
Attached Images

"I'm a "C" Player....C you rack, C me run out! C your C-Notes in my hand...C-U Later!"

Some I just came up with
Old
  (#42)
pooln8r
AzB Silver Member
pooln8r has a reputation beyond reputepooln8r has a reputation beyond reputepooln8r has a reputation beyond reputepooln8r has a reputation beyond reputepooln8r has a reputation beyond reputepooln8r has a reputation beyond reputepooln8r has a reputation beyond reputepooln8r has a reputation beyond reputepooln8r has a reputation beyond reputepooln8r has a reputation beyond reputepooln8r has a reputation beyond repute

Some I just came up with - 06-17-2015, 12:48 PM

Hope you like one of these variations.

Double Dave Logo1.pdf

Name:  Double Dave Logo1.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  58.6 KB

Good shooting to you!

Kevin

Old
  (#43)
SkyscraperChris
fast&loose designs
SkyscraperChris has a reputation beyond reputeSkyscraperChris has a reputation beyond reputeSkyscraperChris has a reputation beyond reputeSkyscraperChris has a reputation beyond reputeSkyscraperChris has a reputation beyond reputeSkyscraperChris has a reputation beyond reputeSkyscraperChris has a reputation beyond reputeSkyscraperChris has a reputation beyond reputeSkyscraperChris has a reputation beyond reputeSkyscraperChris has a reputation beyond reputeSkyscraperChris has a reputation beyond repute

06-17-2015, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Hi Chris,

Interesting write up and with the amount of work invloved I can see where the
price comes from.

But, and I do mean this totally respectfully, for my company it would be overkill.
I am allready well established in the market. We are redoing our website both
frontend and backend and the amount of money you're talking about just for a
logo (not your special price) is what we spend on the entire frontend and backend
re-design.

I am not going to be the next Amazon, I sell high end pool cues because that is
what I love to do and that market will always be very, very limited.

gr. Dave
Understood. I hope someone comes up with something you like. So far, the ones shown are good attempts by people who aren't designers, but they are nowhere near professional or even remotely simple enough to be logos. Good luck - hope it works out.

Old
  (#44)
pocket
AzB Silver Member
pocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond repute

06-17-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
As to not integrating a cue or ball, you are certainly entitled to your opinion but it is what I am looking for.
It could also be a pool table or some other piece of equipment but I do want the logo to show what
my company is about.

gr. Dave
I think, of the designs you show, the second one accomplishes that without leaning towards being cute. Just my opinion.

Old
  (#45)
tonythetiger583
AzB Silver Member
tonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond repute

06-18-2015, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyscraperChris View Post
Understood. I hope someone comes up with something you like. So far, the ones shown are good attempts by people who aren't designers, but they are nowhere near professional or even remotely simple enough to be logos. Good luck - hope it works out.
I think cubc's design is pretty genius.

Page 3 of 4 123 4

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: