Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Rip to San Jose Dick
Page 2 of 3 12 3

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
Tony_in_MD
You want some of this?
Tony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-20-2018, 05:45 AM

Sorry to hear. I always enjoyed his posts.

Tony Marcino - PBIA Instructor
Member of the SPF family of instructors
Background Verified
443-624-0912

"High quality fundamentals beats all of the high quality concepts and esoteric executions ever created." -- Bert Kinister

Old
  (#17)
Dead Money
AzB Silver Member
Dead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

08-20-2018, 05:47 AM

Sad news

Old
  (#18)
Kickin' Chicken
Kick Shot Afficionado
Kickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-20-2018, 06:29 AM

SJD was raw earth and could be a p-r-i-c-kly pear at times....and a witty one, at that.

He was the kind of guy I always liked because there was never a need to think, 'gee, I wonder what was on his mind'. You *always* knew with SJD.

Very sorry to hear this news.

Condolences to his family and many friends, and especially to Lenny on the loss of such a dear pal.

RIP SJD.

best,
brian kc

EDIT: Had to redo p-r-i-c-k-ly with hyphens because the anti vulgarity software wouldn't let me type *****ly. I think Dick would have found this funny.

"Don't let your alligator mouth overload your jaybird ass!" - my Father

"That was stronger than cat piss, right there." - Brandon Shuff

Playing cues: Tim Scruggs - Jeff Olney
Break cue: Predator BK2 w/White Diamond Tip
Jump cue: Jacoby/Lomax

Last edited by Kickin' Chicken; 08-20-2018 at 06:33 AM.

Old
  (#19)
sjm
Sweating the 2017 Mosconi
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

08-20-2018, 06:44 AM

Sad news indeed. Enjoyed his posts. Got to meet him several times, too, and liked him. He'll be missed. Condolences to his family and friends.

Old
  (#20)
De420MadHatter
SicBiNature
De420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2018, 06:48 AM

RIP sir, and godspeed. Another of the old guard, gone . Definitely recommend you watch the video, very good. Thankfully we have that now, and can go back and watch these guys.
He was quite the character, and would tear into that ass in a heartbeat, if you didn't see eye to eye. His post will be missed.

Old
  (#21)
tucson9ball
AzB Silver Member
tucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 175

08-20-2018, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Lenny View Post
So long to my friend Richard Mc Morran​ . I appreciate the time I got to spend with you and regret not spending more time with you more recently. Our little road trips to Tucson, Laughlin and Las Vegas where the time would fly by filled with your stories. You were truly one of a kind and hell of a player. At one time arguably one of the best one pocket players in the country. I admired the man you were who gave it to people straight, left the pool world to work a regular job and raise a family. Your advice you gave me on and off the pool table and about life in general I will forever appreciate. I will be bringing you a bottle of Yukon Jack my friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6hXkm2a4IY
Sorry to hear this news Lenny. Dick was a good guy, willing to share his knowledge.
He will be missed........

Chris

Old
  (#22)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2018, 08:11 AM

I wish I had met San Jose Dick....heard a lot about him when I was a kid.
...I knew a lot of people that he knew....and he had a great rep as a player.
Dick was going to start on me like CJ....and I cut it short...
....I really wish I hadn’t....he was at his most entertaining when he got the bit between his teeth...he would have been great to make a game with....I probably would’ve been
laughing as I went broke.

Dick was born in Canada....about 60 miles from my birth place...but his birth wasn’t
registered till his parents got to Detroit.
....but that still gave him dual citizenship....so I mourn the loss of a fellow Canuck.

God bless you,Richard...and rest in peace

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

RIP to San Jose Dick
Old
  (#23)
Mark Griffin
AzB Silver Member

Mark Griffin has a reputation beyond reputeMark Griffin has a reputation beyond reputeMark Griffin has a reputation beyond reputeMark Griffin has a reputation beyond reputeMark Griffin has a reputation beyond reputeMark Griffin has a reputation beyond reputeMark Griffin has a reputation beyond reputeMark Griffin has a reputation beyond reputeMark Griffin has a reputation beyond reputeMark Griffin has a reputation beyond reputeMark Griffin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 8900

RIP to San Jose Dick - 08-20-2018, 08:21 AM

I really hate hearing this. Dick was a true person. Said what he thought. A good guy and pretty strong player. Thank you to Lenny for being such a good friend to Dick. And for the videos you made.

Just a shame — the old timers just keep on leaving us.

My thoughts are with his family and friends......

Old
  (#24)
mr3cushion
Regestered User
mr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2018, 08:25 AM

It's sad to hear of any player's passing, I'm sure he'll be missed by his family.

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"
"Good Shooting & Good Billiards"
http://mr3cushion.com/

Old
  (#25)
Chip Roberson
AzB Silver Member
Chip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2018, 09:18 AM

RIP Dick, Listened to the interview . There was an old road horse right there, and a library of pool info that he had gleaned from his time's. . His talking of scuffling around the gulf states brought back a lot of time's also

Old
  (#26)
alstl
AzB Silver Member
alstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2018, 09:34 AM

Condolences to his friends and family.

Old
  (#27)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member
AtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2018, 09:40 AM

Sorry to hear it. His last post here was nearly 11 months ago, and I had wondered a few times how he was doing. He certainly added some interest and humor to these environs. Condolences to those who were close to him.

Old
  (#28)
bstroud
AzB Silver Member
bstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2018, 12:05 PM

Sad to see another of the players I grew up with die.

Starting to feel like the Lone Ranger.

Dick and I only took one road trip together but he was real fun to be with.

Smart and direct.

I always liked him a lot.

I will miss him and I am sure many others will also.

Bill S.

Old
  (#29)
Dave714
AzB Silver Member
Dave714 has a reputation beyond reputeDave714 has a reputation beyond reputeDave714 has a reputation beyond reputeDave714 has a reputation beyond reputeDave714 has a reputation beyond reputeDave714 has a reputation beyond reputeDave714 has a reputation beyond reputeDave714 has a reputation beyond reputeDave714 has a reputation beyond reputeDave714 has a reputation beyond reputeDave714 has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2018, 12:13 PM

Sorry to hear this news. I only knew him from the forum.Quite the personality and never saw a mistake once in all his writing on the forum. Pretty sharp guy. R.I.P.

Old
  (#30)
Pushout
AzB Silver Member
Pushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2018, 12:24 PM

DAMN Dick!! RIP my friend. Dick said what he meant and meant what he said, which didn't endear him to everyone. But it sure did to a lot of us! Scathing wit and was funny as well. Dick, you'll be missed by many!

I had a stroke. I had it when I came in, I KNOW I did

"Nothing beats playing pool in your underwear at 2 o'clock in the morning." George Fels 1938-2013

Straight Pool is not a race!

Link to 101 Tips to Improve Your Game by George Fels:http://www.mediafire.com/file/ldhxbl..._Game.pdf/file

Page 2 of 3 12 3

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: