Joining the masses
Old
  (#1)
Johnny "V"
AzB Silver Member
Johnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Joining the masses - 06-01-2019, 01:42 PM

Not sure if any of you remember me... I have gone by many different names. (SSCS, Mahogany Beast, Dehumanizer and Johnny V) I recently moved my lathe equipment to a powered storage space. Wife and I are about to close the Antique shop we have been running for the last 5 years and now I am ready to start building cues. I have around 20 house cues I will be turning into 2 piece cues. Practicing doing joint work. Already do my own tips, ferrules and shaft cleaning. Already own 2 wood lathes and an Enco 13x40 metal lathe. Just got a Dewalt 618 router.

Have tried to find a cue maker in my area to let me watch them work. They have been helpful in answering questions but (and I understand their apprehension) have not let me see their shop.

Any video or book recommendations that are not proprietary to the sellers equipment that you would consider invaluable?

Quos deus vult perdere prius dementat

Check out my pool table project... http://www.kirchelconsulting.com/pooltable. Be sure to visit my sponsors... They are the ones that make the site available for free.

I have a new project that lets cue customers tell the cuemaker exactly what they want... http://www.kirchelconsulting.com/bactemp99/bac.asp. If you would like it on your site or want to host on mine please PM or contact me via email: john@kirchelconsulting.com

Old
  (#2)
rhinobywilhite
AzB Silver Member
rhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond repute

06-02-2019, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny "V" View Post
Not sure if any of you remember me... I have gone by many different names. (SSCS, Mahogany Beast, Dehumanizer and Johnny V) I recently moved my lathe equipment to a powered storage space. Wife and I are about to close the Antique shop we have been running for the last 5 years and now I am ready to start building cues. I have around 20 house cues I will be turning into 2 piece cues. Practicing doing joint work. Already do my own tips, ferrules and shaft cleaning. Already own 2 wood lathes and an Enco 13x40 metal lathe. Just got a Dewalt 618 router.

Have tried to find a cue maker in my area to let me watch them work. They have been helpful in answering questions but (and I understand their apprehension) have not let me see their shop.

Any video or book recommendations that are not proprietary to the sellers equipment that you would consider invaluable?
Chris Hightower has a good book and videos that can be applied to most equipment.

Old
  (#3)
GBCues
Damn, still .002 TIR!
GBCues has a reputation beyond reputeGBCues has a reputation beyond reputeGBCues has a reputation beyond reputeGBCues has a reputation beyond reputeGBCues has a reputation beyond reputeGBCues has a reputation beyond reputeGBCues has a reputation beyond reputeGBCues has a reputation beyond reputeGBCues has a reputation beyond reputeGBCues has a reputation beyond reputeGBCues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-03-2019, 08:41 AM

Why have you had so many screen names?
Some on here have done it to try to hide past bad behavior.
Just wondering

Player - GBCues 18oz BEM Front, Leather Wrap, and Black Walnut Buttcap Player. OB-2 Shaft
BreakStick - GBCues 17oz Marblewood Front, Leather Wrap, Mahogany Butt Cap (Black Walnut Shaft)

Old
  (#4)
Johnny "V"
AzB Silver Member
Johnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond repute

06-03-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBCues View Post
Why have you had so many screen names?
Some on here have done it to try to hide past bad behavior.
Just wondering
Lol

Sscs, MB and others were from RSB days. I have been Johnny V for quite a while now.

Quos deus vult perdere prius dementat

Check out my pool table project... http://www.kirchelconsulting.com/pooltable. Be sure to visit my sponsors... They are the ones that make the site available for free.

I have a new project that lets cue customers tell the cuemaker exactly what they want... http://www.kirchelconsulting.com/bactemp99/bac.asp. If you would like it on your site or want to host on mine please PM or contact me via email: john@kirchelconsulting.com

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: