Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Cataract Surgery
Page 3 of 3 123

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
PoolBum
Abracadabra!

PoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1190

06-13-2019, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman77 View Post
Playing pool with the mono focus is great. No problems.
Great to hear! My surgery is now scheduled for June 24th.

"He knew what those jubilant crowds did not know, but could have learned from books; that the plague bacillus never dies or disappears for good...and that perhaps the day would come when, for the bane and the enlightening of men, it would rouse up its rats again and send them forth to die in a happy city."

Old
  (#32)
Bavafongoul
AzB Silver Member
Bavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-13-2019, 03:55 PM

It was very odd playing pool today. I must have looked for my glasses 1/2 dozen times
over the course of 3 hrs of play. Total clarity on every single shot and the best was long
shots. My depth of field improved allowing me to focus on the object ball clearly while
still seeing the stroking of the cue ball in my bottom peripheral vision. I played better
than last week when only my left eye had been corrected for cataracts. Today I became
distracted by the overall brightness of the pool room since it was very sunny outside. Now
that both my eyes have had cataract surgery, I'm much more sensitive to bright sunny days
like today is in Fresno. Heck, it's going to be that way til October rolls around now that it's
summertime in California's central valley area where it gets HOT& it sure lingers for awhile.

Stay tuned for others that have already had this surgery or are about to undergo their own
surgery and read about their experiences. The clarity & color richness is beyond startling
and 4K HDTV is amazing. So now wondering about OLED's 8K TV sets ....Hmn.....a new
cue or a new TV set? But the best part is there's no waiting list whenever I want a new set.

Thanks again Dr. Fogg.

"My Pool Cues"

*Bob Owen Custom- Level 8 (s/d 4-24-16) - Flat Ivory Joint
*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 6 (s/d 5-4-16) - Flat Ivory Joint

*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 8 (s/d 2-23-15) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Ed Prewitt Custom '05 - Level 8 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Bob Owen Custom - Level 8 (s/d 5-4-14) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Tim Scruggs Custom (9-6-95) Level 7 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Runde Schon '85 Custom "R" Series (1 of 1)
*Palmer (Original) - '72 (All Cocobolo Wood)

Old
  (#33)
PoolBum
Abracadabra!

PoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond repute

06-13-2019, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavafongoul View Post
Thanks again Dr. Fogg.
Well now, that's an ironic name for an eye surgeon!

"He knew what those jubilant crowds did not know, but could have learned from books; that the plague bacillus never dies or disappears for good...and that perhaps the day would come when, for the bane and the enlightening of men, it would rouse up its rats again and send them forth to die in a happy city."

Old
  (#34)
bbb
AzB Silver Member
bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-14-2019, 03:49 AM

great news matt that the surgeries were a success....
now you can "see" how blind you were before the surgeries.....

Old
  (#35)
lakeman77
AzB Silver Member
lakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

06-14-2019, 06:32 AM

After my cataract surgery I can now see they have numbers on the balls, is that a new thing? :-)

Last edited by lakeman77; 06-14-2019 at 06:34 AM.

Old
  (#36)
PoolBum
Abracadabra!

06-14-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman77 View Post
After my cataract surgery I can now see they have numbers on the balls, is that a new thing? :-)
Yes, and if you look very closely you can see the number 0 on the cueball.

Old
  (#37)
Bob J
AzB Silver Member
Bob J has much to be proud ofBob J has much to be proud ofBob J has much to be proud ofBob J has much to be proud ofBob J has much to be proud ofBob J has much to be proud ofBob J has much to be proud ofBob J has much to be proud ofBob J has much to be proud of

vCash: 500

06-15-2019, 12:04 PM

I had both eyes done in January, and the difference is amazing! Your description of the color shift is correct. My near vision was always good and still is. My distance vision is much improved. I ride motorcycles so eye protection is required anyway, but I may actually be able to pass the Colorado driver's license eye test without my glasses. No way I could have before the surgery.

Bob Johnson,
Denver, CO

Page 3 of 3 123

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: