Enough Is Enough!!
Old
  (#16)
Get_A_Grip
Truth Will Set You Free
Get_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 562

Enough Is Enough!! - 06-15-2019, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderWebComm View Post
You're going deeper down into the rabbit hole where I no longer will travel.
ADIOS
Okay, I will switch gears. I will give you a aiming system that I developed myself for your consideration. (At least I haven't heard any other person mention this).

However, it doesn't address finding the contact point on the object ball. So you will be able to use this system WITH your CTE system to improve the accuracy of your shooting.

You might be thinking, wait, get a grip just said that aiming systems are unnecessary. I did. But here is what I discovered.

There is a way to aim with your "minds eye" to the contact point on object ball that "feels like" aiming when shooting a gun.

What I do is that I imagine in my "minds eye" the contact point with the cue from my Ring Finger of my grip hand to the contact point more forward on my grip hand with the cue (could be contact point with tip of Index Finger or some other point) and I align that with the path to the cue tip to the contact point on the object ball. All in a straight line.

On my final stroke I just focus on the contact point from the most forward spot on my grip hand with the cue to the contact point on the object ball. And that's it.

The cue ball hits the exact spot on the object ball that I'm focusing on.

The only thing that you need to do is to find the 1 or 2 contact points on your grip hand to use to get the most accurate results. I did this by shooting long, straight shots, corner to corner, using pocket reducers.

All I know is, it works. Although, upon first glance, it feels like it shouldn't, because you are literally aiming using points on your grip hand that are behind your actual eyes. But it's your subconscious that is doing the visualizing and the aiming.

Try it out.

_______

"The truth will set you free, after you've been beaten over the head with it until you accept it."

Last edited by Get_A_Grip; 06-15-2019 at 10:00 AM.

Old
  (#17)
SpiderWebComm
Banned
SpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1275

06-15-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get_A_Grip View Post
Okay, I will switch gears. I will give you a aiming system that I developed myself for your consideration. (At least I haven't heard any other person mention this).

However, it doesn't address finding the contact point on the object ball. So you will be able to use this system WITH your CTE system to improve the accuracy of your shooting.

You might be thinking, wait, get a grip just said that aiming systems are unnecessary. I did. But here is what I discovered.

There is a way to aim with your "minds eye" to the contact point on object ball that "feels like" aiming when shooting a gun.

What I do is that I imagine in my "minds eye" the contact point with the cue from my Ring Finger of my grip hand to the contact point more forward on my grip hand with the cue (could be contact point with tip of Index Finger or some other point) and I align that with the path to the cue tip to the contact point on the object ball. All in a straight line.

On my final stroke I just focus on the contact point from the most forward spot on my grip hand with the cue to the contact point on the object ball. And that's it.

The only thing that you need to do is to find the 1 or 2 contact points on your grip hand to use to get the most accurate results. I did this by shooting long, straight shots, corner to corner, using pocket reducers.

All I know is, it works. Although, upon first glance, it feels like it shouldn't, because you are literally aiming using points on your grip hand that are behind your actual eyes. But it's your subconscious that is doing the visualizing and the aiming.

Try it out.

_______
Thanks but no thanks. I used to be a contact point aimer for years on my own and then took a couple of lessons from Joe Tucker who refined it to a higher level than anyone had previously and it still remains that way.

I drifted away from it after talking with Hal Houle.

You should be addressing this to Pat Johnson. He's a dyed in the wool contact point user. He doesn't use his ring finger but he does use something unique unto himself called the "Lizard Head Swivel".

I think if the two of you join forces this could be a super combination and the latest/greatest development for the future of pool.

Last edited by SpiderWebComm; 06-15-2019 at 10:36 AM.

Old
  (#18)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-15-2019, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Thanks but no thanks. I used to be a contact point aimer for years on my own and then took a couple of lessons from Joe Tucker who refined it to a higher level than anyone had previously and it still remains that way.
Joe Tucker's method is something that I think is very useful when teaching people how to aim. I don't have his little product that he had for sale, but I've known and used the concept years before I ever heard of Joe Tucker.

Just a couple weeks ago, I was explaining that method to a couple of extreme "rookie" players and had them cutting in ball in very little time.

I can "see" what contact point I need to hit on the object ball and I can "see" what point on the cue ball must hit the contact point on the object ball. While I'm still standing, I use a couple methods of "verifying" what I think I "see". CTE, ghost ball, and maybe a couple other things are running through my mind simultaneously. At some point, it is time to shoot. Using whatever "computation" my mind has "settled" on, I bend over, trying to stay on that line, and shoot.

Therefore, I can't say I'm a CTE person, a fractional aiming person, a ghost ball person, or a contact point, etc., aimer. I am a combination of everything I have learned or done in over 50 years of playing pool.

Whatever I'm doing, it has worked well for me over the years. I'm 65, have had a blown retina, have floaters and cataracts in both eyes, am awaiting eye surgery, play only one day a week for a few hours, and can still play at an A, or higher, level.

If I could "see" and had more time to spend playing, I might one day try to concentrate on exactly what I'm doing while I'm aiming.

Old
  (#19)
Get_A_Grip
Truth Will Set You Free
Get_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 562

06-15-2019, 11:17 AM

Quote:

I drifted away from it after talking with Hal Houle.

You should be addressing this to Pat Johnson. He's a dyed in the wool contact point user. He doesn't use his ring finger but he does use something unique unto himself called the "Lizard Head Swivel".

I think if the two of you join forces this could be a super combination and the latest/greatest development for the future of pool.
This actually surprised me a bit. You won't even try a new technique, even it if might compliment CTE. Hmmm. Okay. Fair enough. I just know it works, because I've done it myself. If it's of no value to you, that's cool.

_______

"The truth will set you free, after you've been beaten over the head with it until you accept it."

Old
  (#20)
L I F D 1
L S S T 10
L I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond repute

06-15-2019, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Here he is specifically using it to run 219 balls in 14.1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF7k8-nL28Y&t=184s
he's a pattern shooter and a good one

Old
  (#21)
DTL
SP 219
DTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond repute

06-15-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L I F D 1 View Post
he's a pattern shooter and a good one
Thank you.

Old
  (#22)
ENGLISH!
Banned
ENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond repute

06-18-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL View Post
Thank you.
Good Shooting, regardless of what method was "actually" used.

Old
  (#23)
sixpack
AzB Silver Member
sixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond repute

06-18-2019, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGLISH! View Post
Good Shooting, regardless of what method was "actually" used.
Okay. This is exactly what I was talking about. Exhibit a.

Just give a compliment without attaching snark. Thatís all. Thatís all you have to do. Same thing with asking a question or for clarification.

When you add a put-down on the end of even non-confrontational posts it really aggravates people.

Also, using the word ďactuallyĒ on the internet is never, ever received well.

Take care,
Six

Splitting time between Chicago and San Francisco.

"If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it." - Mark Twain

Old
  (#24)
Dan White
AzB Silver Member
Dan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond repute

06-18-2019, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpack View Post

Just give a compliment without attaching snark. Thatís all. Thatís all you have to do. Same thing with asking a question or for clarification.

When you add a put-down on the end of even non-confrontational posts it really aggravates people.

Take care,
Six
Oh good, you're back! Please see if you can find time to look at my post from the other day.

Here:
https://forums.azbilliards.com/showp...&postcount=128

which references this post:
https://forums.azbilliards.com/showp...&postcount=112

Since I made this post Mike has come out and said he wants people to stop arguing about CTE. I was really talking specifically about the throw issue and not necessarily CTE in general. I was curious on your take now, beyond your initial one way back in 2017 when I made the original post (see link for what you said at the time).

Dan White

Old
  (#25)
sixpack
AzB Silver Member
sixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond repute

06-18-2019, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan White View Post
Oh good, you're back! Please see if you can find time to look at my post from the other day.

Here:
https://forums.azbilliards.com/showp...&postcount=128

which references this post:
https://forums.azbilliards.com/showp...&postcount=112

Since I made this post Mike has come out and said he wants people to stop arguing about CTE. I was really talking specifically about the throw issue and not necessarily CTE in general. I was curious on your take now, beyond your initial one way back in 2017 when I made the original post (see link for what you said at the time).
I went back and looked at it. What can I say? I know better and I knew better at the timeóbut I posted it. I think I was trying to say something else but I donít remember what it was. Good catch.

Old
  (#26)
ENGLISH!
Banned
ENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond repute

06-18-2019, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpack View Post

Take care,
Six
We can't discuss it.

Old
  (#27)
One Pocket John
AzB Silver Member
One Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond repute

06-19-2019, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get_A_Grip View Post

Try it out.

_______
Been doing this for a long time. I use the "V" that is formed on my grip hand.

I call it the rear sight (like a rifle sight). The "V" that is formed with my bridge hand is the front sight. I use an open bridge.

It is one of my check points when I miss shots.

Thanks

John

One Pocket John
St. Louis, MO.

I don't play One Pocket as much as I use to, but when I do, I play at Cue & Cushion - Overland, MO.

In Memory of Dean Higgs and Harry Sims - gone but not forgotten and thank you.

Old
  (#28)
sixpack
AzB Silver Member

06-19-2019, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGLISH! View Post
We can't discuss it.
Ok. Sorry. I didnít realize.

Old
  (#29)
JC
Needs Moderation

JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

06-19-2019, 07:11 AM

Quote:
For those of us who have learned CTE and now use it from 15 years to a couple of years, it is absolutely sickening and disgusting to have to go through this onslaught by a certain group of individuals year in and year out, month in and month out, week in and week out, day in and day out to the point where days become a blur from all of it.

In the rules of the aiming forum I listed their names and asked Admin. to consider keeping them out of the aiming forum for a period of time just to see how peaceful it can be but to no avail. I sometimes get the feeling theyíd rather see the CTE users hit the road and never come back. It still wouldnít stop.

It doesnít seem to matter what we do or say to explain it, educate them, and tell them how itís done. Stan put out so many free videos on youtube itís mind numbing how much personal time has been taken out of his life in an attempt to teach and placate those who donít get it.

Itís ALL out there and the final parts will be coming. Jumping through hoops for a bunch of sick individuals who have nothing better to do with their lives is winding down.

A large number of pool players in this country and all over the world now use CTE. Top pro players are specifically using CTE as their aiming system to earn a living and reach greater heights. Doesnít get much higher than the Mosconi Cup but itís swept under the carpet and not acknowledged by the ANTI group. NOTHING MATTERS .

Recently a member with the screen name DTL came in to attempt being helpful. Heís already getting wasted by ENGLISH! As if he is some kind of hack know nothing player who talks up CTE and thatís it. No warnings or repercussions to the attacking CTE hater. Itís seems to be OK and the new norm.

Here he is specifically using it to run 219 balls in 14.1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF7k8-nL28Y&t=184s

Duke is an endorsed CTE PRO 1 instructor and has been for years. Duke previously published a 100 plus ball run video to YouTube in which he called ALL visuals and pivot directions for each shot in the entire run!

Can anyone else in here do that while using contact points, fractions, contact patch or GB, Just See the Shot, Feel and adjustments, Lizard Head Moves, subconscious mind or other mumbo jumbo? How about with CTE ITSELF SINCE YOU'RE ALL SO KNOWING?

If so or you think you can, PUT IT ON VIDEO!! That meansÖ

PAT JOHNSON; LOU FIGUEROA; DAN WHITE; BRIAN CRIST; JOEY, and ENGLISH! Ė RICHARD J. STOLTZ

SHOW HOW ITíS DONE WITH WHATEVER YOU USE AS WELL AS WHAT YOU ARE OR ARENíT DOING WITH CTE. NO MORE OF THIS WORDSMITHING DAY IN AND DAY OUT. IT'S SHOW AND TELL TIME. WE WHO KNOW WILL CRITIQUE YOU! NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND!
Your irony is thick. No one is forcing you to engage these people on a daily basis.

It's you who are the sick one for not putting down your mouse and picking up your cue instead.

You are too blind to see that it's you with the obsession and the "haters" are using you for their entertainment. They drive by, troll your predictable ass, chuckle and go about their lives until they need another laugh. And you're always there to oblige.

It's pretty sad to see quite frankly. It's the same always. You should get help.

JC

It's not what you don't know that get's you in trouble
It's what you know that just ain't so

Old
  (#30)
SpiderWebComm
Banned
SpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1275

06-19-2019, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
Your irony is thick. No one is forcing you to engage these people on a daily basis.

It's you who are the sick one for not putting down your mouse and picking up your cue instead.

You are too blind to see that it's you with the obsession and the "haters" are using you for their entertainment. They drive by, troll your predictable ass, chuckle and go about their lives until they need another laugh. And you're always there to oblige.

It's pretty sad to see quite frankly. It's the same always. You should get help.

JC
Dude, I think you need to reread what you just posted...look in the mirror...and take your own advice because all of it applies to YOU.

Nobody was holding a gun to your head forcing you to do it. Just a grown man crying out, "Look at me, I'm somebody in this world, somebody who wants to be bigger with more status in this forum and I have all the right to tell you because I'm big man on campus. I'm JC and every one knows who else has those initials."

Last edited by SpiderWebComm; 06-19-2019 at 08:23 AM.

Page 2 of 4 12 34

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: