Old
  (#31)
cuycuy
Raya Representative
cuycuy has a reputation beyond reputecuycuy has a reputation beyond reputecuycuy has a reputation beyond reputecuycuy has a reputation beyond reputecuycuy has a reputation beyond reputecuycuy has a reputation beyond reputecuycuy has a reputation beyond reputecuycuy has a reputation beyond reputecuycuy has a reputation beyond reputecuycuy has a reputation beyond reputecuycuy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-09-2007, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade
How does this Kiamco guy stack up against the other filipinos, say Orcullo or Manalo?
Kiamco is a second tier player... around the speed of Manalo (or so say the experts) and a notch below Orcullo.

In an interview with Orcullo at billiardsphilippines.com Orcullo said:

[QUOTE]Q: Who among Filipino players you admire most?

A: Dito sa Pilipinas maraming magagaling, pare-pareho lang. Pero ang gusto ko kasama si Warren Kiamco, kasi malamig siya maglaro.[/QUOTE]

A: "Here in the Philippines there are a lot of good players on the same level. But the player I like to be around with is Warren because he plays effortlessly..."

THE feared money-game player before the rise of Dennis, Warren enjoys the backing of Chinese patrons (being of Chinese descent himself) with deep pockets.

Warren suffered some type of sickness last year and it showed with his poor performances. This year, he signed up (along with top young talent Mike Takayama) and joined the stable of Perry Mariano , Orcullo, Alcano and Gabica's manager, to receive a consistent financial support for foreign campaigns and day-to-day living.

"cool!, I'm Infamous... XD"

Federico Makabenta
Makati, MM, Philippines
Raya Sports and Events
(632) 895-2021
http://www.rayasports.com/

Old
  (#32)
philw
AzB Silver Member
philw has a reputation beyond reputephilw has a reputation beyond reputephilw has a reputation beyond reputephilw has a reputation beyond reputephilw has a reputation beyond reputephilw has a reputation beyond reputephilw has a reputation beyond reputephilw has a reputation beyond reputephilw has a reputation beyond reputephilw has a reputation beyond reputephilw has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-11-2007, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfportdoc
Jay, did Kiamco and Gabico make it look good in the finals? Meanwhile Gabico almost got knocked out by Walter Glass. Who IS Walter Glass?

Doc
Doc, I met Walter Glass when he came through Chicago in the 80's I put up a little cash so he'd have more than 3 or 4 barrels to play with against some pretty good bar players. We ended up in a bar that had a table that may have been the worst playing table I have ever seen. Bad rolling, slow, indentations everywhere. I must say he played flawlessly running consecutive racks and never in any danger of losing. I was thoroughly impressed. Philw

Page 3 of 3 123

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: