Old
  (#31)
CaptainHook
NOT Mike Sigel
CaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-10-2006, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uwate
He must be called something else then, because we watched the match ourselves, it was on Friday or Saturday..those two days melded together. It was an afternoon match inside the lounge area, just past the entrance on the first table in the first room. The guy he beat resides in St Pete Florida. He calls himself the California Kid or at least thats what he tells folks at the Flamingo in St Pete. The amount may be wrong as I was going on what this guy told me later after they were finished. Of all the people to play, he picked Justin...didnt seem so smart to me but I have been told the guy plays jamup one hole.
Whas he a short guy named Mike or was he tall & skinny with black curly hair named Wayne? the Flamingo is my home and nobody there is called the California Kid. Sounds like they made up a name so they would not loose face
when they came back after losing. We do have a really good 1P player from Baltimore named Jeff Brinkman aka Piano Man he is about 5'10" 180 with a
mustache and plays with a Sruggs. Let me know what he looked like.

Favorite Game: One Pocket
Playing Cue: KC with Predator Vantage Shaft
Break/Jump Cue: J&J with Samsara Tip
Case: John Barton Rugged 2X5 with 3 pockets; http://www.jbcases.com/

NO, I am not Mike Sigel, he is skinny and has less hair, also I do not have any affiliation with GPPA .

Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnm...00005109825871

My Cue Gallery: http://forums.azbilliards.com/album.php?albumid=1106

That $2K match never happened.
Old
  (#32)
OldHasBeen
Tom Ferry
OldHasBeen has a reputation beyond reputeOldHasBeen has a reputation beyond reputeOldHasBeen has a reputation beyond reputeOldHasBeen has a reputation beyond reputeOldHasBeen has a reputation beyond reputeOldHasBeen has a reputation beyond reputeOldHasBeen has a reputation beyond reputeOldHasBeen has a reputation beyond reputeOldHasBeen has a reputation beyond reputeOldHasBeen has a reputation beyond reputeOldHasBeen has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

That $2K match never happened. - 01-10-2006, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchez
Justin hasn't played anyone called the California kid or anyone from California for that matter.
You’re correct Watchez. I was around Justin when they were going to play.
I asked Justin for $200 of his bet and he said sure.
This guy only had two problems, No Backer & Broke.
He tried to get Justin to play for $500 and then when Justin finally agreed, he then wanted to play for $50 a game. I told Justin to tell this guy to get his s*** together and don't bother him until he does.
I then went to bed and heard the next day from Chuck that Justin played a set for $1K and lost (but not with this guy). Justin had a steak horse for that game.
Then he played another fellow for $500 on his own and won.
Watchez - Justin just told me that the St. Louis Whale (think Wright City) is on his way.
Be here Wednesday.

TY & GL, OHB

undefined
Quote:
"I'd Rather Be Fat n' Lucky" - "Than Just Plain Old Fat"!
"If You Think I Won't Gamble - Just Give Me The Nuts"!

Old
  (#33)
watchez
What time is it?
watchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5625

01-10-2006, 01:34 PM

Quote:
He must be called something else then, because we watched the match ourselves, it was on Friday or Saturday..those two days melded together. It was an afternoon match inside the lounge area, just past the entrance on the first table in the first room. The guy he beat resides in St Pete Florida. He calls himself the California Kid or at least thats what he tells folks at the Flamingo in St Pete. The amount may be wrong as I was going on what this guy told me later after they were finished. Of all the people to play, he picked Justin...didnt seem so smart to me but I have been told the guy plays jamup one hole.
Justin knew the guy from playing him in West Palm Beach. Guess he gets around. California Kid?? Sounds like he has made up a nickname for himself that no one else knows about. And the reason that he jumped up to play Justin even was the last time they played, he gave Justin the 5 ball. Justin got lucky to win. He is playing terrible & might not get into anymore action while down there. As you can see, he hasn't played anyone in over 2 days.

Yes, the short guys name was Mike. Thanks for the clarification Capt. Fortunately, he played worse than Justin.

Yes, I hear the whale is on the way. But the same story was told last year & he was a no show. I will be back Wednesday night also to check in for the rest of the weekend. Hopefully Justin is behaving himself & hasn't gotten thrown out of my room & hotel. j/k. Hey OHB, if you see Justin ask him how his trip to the gas station was....this will tell you how far the elevator goes up in this kids head. It is OK to call him stupid, I did.

Last edited by watchez; 01-10-2006 at 01:41 PM.

Old
  (#34)
CaptainHook
NOT Mike Sigel
CaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond repute

01-10-2006, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchez
Justin knew the guy from playing him in West Palm Beach. Guess he gets around. California Kid?? Sounds like he has made up a nickname for himself that no one else knows about. And the reason that he jumped up to play Justin even was the last time they played, he gave Justin the 5 ball. Justin got lucky to win. He is playing terrible & might not get into anymore action while down there. As you can see, he hasn't played anyone in over 2 days.
He came into town a few months ago and left his cash at the Flamingo...LOL
He gets real mad at himself and smashes his cue down when he misses. LMAO.

NO, I am not Mike Sigel, he is skinny and has less hair, also I do not have any affiliation with GPPA .

Last edited by CaptainHook; 01-10-2006 at 02:01 PM.

Old
  (#35)
uwate
daydreaming about pool
uwate has a reputation beyond reputeuwate has a reputation beyond reputeuwate has a reputation beyond reputeuwate has a reputation beyond reputeuwate has a reputation beyond reputeuwate has a reputation beyond reputeuwate has a reputation beyond reputeuwate has a reputation beyond reputeuwate has a reputation beyond reputeuwate has a reputation beyond reputeuwate has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 62
  Send a message via MSN to uwate  
01-10-2006, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHook
Whas he a short guy named Mike or was he tall & skinny with black curly hair named Wayne? the Flamingo is my home and nobody there is called the California Kid. Sounds like they made up a name so they would not loose face
when they came back after losing. We do have a really good 1P player from Baltimore named Jeff Brinkman aka Piano Man he is about 5'10" 180 with a
mustache and plays with a Sruggs. Let me know what he looked like.
LOL it wasnt Wayne. Wayne was with me and he was the one who told me that Mike calls himself the California Kid. Wayne said he was trying to trap Bubba (lol goooood luck there, like Bubba hasnt faded that trap before a gazillion times). Wayne only plays like the last 5 under Justin haha....but he sure was itching to find a cue and still match up. Thats the power of the DCC I guess.

Old
  (#36)
CaptainHook
NOT Mike Sigel

01-10-2006, 02:43 PM

Quote:
LOL it wasnt Wayne. Wayne was with me and he was the one who told me that Mike calls himself the California Kid. Wayne said he was trying to trap Bubba (lol goooood luck there, like Bubba hasnt faded that trap before a gazillion times). Wayne only plays like the last 5 under Justin haha....but he sure was itching to find a cue and still match up. Thats the power of the DCC I guess.

Yeah, Wayne does not mind paying for a good lesson.

I dont think that Mike guy will be coming by the Flamingo anytime soon.
He just can't get a handle on our Gold Crown.

Old
  (#37)
pillage6
AzB Silver Member
pillage6 has a reputation beyond reputepillage6 has a reputation beyond reputepillage6 has a reputation beyond reputepillage6 has a reputation beyond reputepillage6 has a reputation beyond reputepillage6 has a reputation beyond reputepillage6 has a reputation beyond reputepillage6 has a reputation beyond reputepillage6 has a reputation beyond reputepillage6 has a reputation beyond reputepillage6 has a reputation beyond repute

01-10-2006, 02:55 PM

Is it Mike Najarian or whatever he wants to call himself these days? Smallish, bad complexion, bad teeth, shaved head that said he was learning under Buddy Hall for a while?

Old
  (#38)
CaptainHook
NOT Mike Sigel

01-10-2006, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillage6
Is it Mike Najarian or whatever he wants to call himself these days? Smallish, bad complexion, bad teeth, shaved head that said he was learning under Buddy Hall for a while?
LMAO that makes me think of the movie "Deliverance".

Old
  (#39)
sniper
AzB Silver Member
sniper has a reputation beyond reputesniper has a reputation beyond reputesniper has a reputation beyond reputesniper has a reputation beyond reputesniper has a reputation beyond reputesniper has a reputation beyond reputesniper has a reputation beyond reputesniper has a reputation beyond reputesniper has a reputation beyond reputesniper has a reputation beyond reputesniper has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3800

01-10-2006, 03:33 PM

Man do I wish I was there

Old
  (#40)
deadstroke32
AzB Silver Member
deadstroke32 has a reputation beyond reputedeadstroke32 has a reputation beyond reputedeadstroke32 has a reputation beyond reputedeadstroke32 has a reputation beyond reputedeadstroke32 has a reputation beyond reputedeadstroke32 has a reputation beyond reputedeadstroke32 has a reputation beyond reputedeadstroke32 has a reputation beyond reputedeadstroke32 has a reputation beyond reputedeadstroke32 has a reputation beyond reputedeadstroke32 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 620
  Send a message via Yahoo to deadstroke32  
01-10-2006, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldHasBeen
Nfty - I just finished my second round OP match & won 3-0 again. 3rd round drawing won't be until 8pm tonight.
Really, there is way too much going on to see or tell about it all. Too much action to line up - too much beer to drink - too much food to eat and too much communication with my office to keep the bills paid FOR SURE.

Cute Story - (not to brag or feed my ego)
Just played a very nice fellow who bought back in after losing to a pro in his first match. He told me during the first game that he was so happy to see he wasn't playing a "Known Name" and that made his $100 buyback seem justified.
I could tell he is probably a very good 9-Ball player.
After keeping him completly locked up and then making some pretty good shots to make it 2-0. He says "WHO THE F*** ARE YOU" ???

Many rumors going around about many big action games to be played but sometimes they happen at the same time and you just have to make a choice. If I'm not betting - I just keep slithering around looking for live one.

Found a good one last night - 2 good players were playing a 9-Ball race to 11 for $2K. Player A was winning 9-1 and I overhear this sweater say "Man, I wish I had a bet on him".
I kinda butt in a say - Tell you what! I'll give you a $40 a game bet and I'll take player B. I couldn't believe it when the guy says "YOU GOT IT"!
I know player B pretty well and he overheard the bet. As we were posting, player B winks to me (Not because he had the nuts - just because he knew what a great bet it is). Player B wins the set 11-10.
"WONDERFUL COUNTRY, AMERICA"!

TY & GL, OHB
OHB u got me over here in pain ..That is the Wildset shit i have ever hear ..Keep it come .Now that is what i like to hear ,,,,

The Deadliest traps are the ones we set for yourselves...

My playing Q Carolina Custom 4 pointer

Break Q : Carolina Custom.
Case : 2x4 from j&j Looks sweet..
email www.Carolinacues.com
Carmeli .
Gilbert.
Murrell.

Old
  (#41)
deadstroke32
AzB Silver Member
deadstroke32 has a reputation beyond reputedeadstroke32 has a reputation beyond reputedeadstroke32 has a reputation beyond reputedeadstroke32 has a reputation beyond reputedeadstroke32 has a reputation beyond reputedeadstroke32 has a reputation beyond reputedeadstroke32 has a reputation beyond reputedeadstroke32 has a reputation beyond reputedeadstroke32 has a reputation beyond reputedeadstroke32 has a reputation beyond reputedeadstroke32 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 620
  Send a message via Yahoo to deadstroke32  
01-10-2006, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepocketchump
Durbin and Joyner have been playing since I got there at 3pm. Joyner was stuck on 2 games up playing 4 ahead for 2 dimes and who knows how much on the rail. When I just left the action room at 1:30AM Durbin was up a game.

Joyner plays some shots that are ungodly and then misses straight in hangers - I don't get it. (maybe I should "get it" since I do the same thing - just with less great shots and more misses)

John
And yes i will say u have done that yourself ..My friend..Lmao .
Put up 100 for me in your next match..I got u covered ..

The Deadliest traps are the ones we set for yourselves...

My playing Q Carolina Custom 4 pointer

Break Q : Carolina Custom.
Case : 2x4 from j&j Looks sweet..
email www.Carolinacues.com
Carmeli .
Gilbert.
Murrell.

Old
  (#42)
lamar25
AzB Silver Member
lamar25 has a reputation beyond reputelamar25 has a reputation beyond reputelamar25 has a reputation beyond reputelamar25 has a reputation beyond reputelamar25 has a reputation beyond reputelamar25 has a reputation beyond reputelamar25 has a reputation beyond reputelamar25 has a reputation beyond reputelamar25 has a reputation beyond reputelamar25 has a reputation beyond reputelamar25 has a reputation beyond repute

01-10-2006, 10:31 PM

As for me I would like to read more action reports from the railbirds and/or side betters.
There is only 1 thing in all previous posts, that I would like to say thanks for. A poster used the term "Hustler", in lieu of "Sandbagger".
BTW, I do not enjoy reading post by players with an ego.

Now can we get back to some more action reports!!!

OBTW, Is anyone aware of "Ghost Games Bets", that "BILLY WYNN" has been envolved in???

"Have a nice day",
Lamar

Last edited by lamar25; 01-10-2006 at 10:52 PM.

Old
  (#43)
onepocketchump

vCash:

01-11-2006, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamar25
As for me I would like to read more action reports from the railbirds and/or side betters.
There is only 1 thing in all previous posts, that I would like to say thanks for. A poster used the term "Hustler", in lieu of "Sandbagger".
BTW, I do not enjoy reading post by players with an ego.

Now can we get back to some more action reports!!!

OBTW, Is anyone aware of "Ghost Games Bets", that "BILLY WYNN" has been envolved in???

"Have a nice day",
Lamar
Here's one for you from a poster with an "ego".

At six am yesterday, while watching Corey trounce Scott Frost EVEN in one pocket and simulataneously watching the Joyner/Durbin marathon match I was barked at to play some one hole.

So I matched up with Tony from Pinehurst in a 5 ahead set for 700. After losing the first three games in about 10 minutes I battled back and took it down about four hours later. Oh - and I was ALL IN with my available cash - I had $4 left in my pocket. So I claim the distinction of being the worst player at Derby to leave with CASH and was probably the only one to find a real true EVEN game.

Cliff finally got Durbin. I don't know how much Frost and Duell were playing for but I saw the knots they posted so it was quite a bit. Duell is just brilliant, even slightly autistic in my opinion, when it comes to pool. He shot shots that had Frost perplexed and pissed the whole time. Duell did get lucky several times on the shots he tried but for the most part he played perfectly.

I also watched a few games between Efren Reyes and Gabe Owen with Gabe getting 9:7. They traded games while I was watching and it seemed as though Efren wasn't really trying too hard. He just didn't seem to be quite as sharp as in earlier tournament matches. It was like 3:00 am or so when I was watching - I think.

I got a little video of the frost/duell and joyner/durbin matches on my webcam. I don't know how it came out - the lighting was really bad for the webcam. I might post some of it if I have time.

Other than that I have to say that I need SLEEP.

John

Old
  (#44)
Wally in Cincy
AzB Silver Member
Wally in Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeWally in Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeWally in Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeWally in Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeWally in Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeWally in Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeWally in Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeWally in Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeWally in Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeWally in Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeWally in Cincy has a reputation beyond repute

01-11-2006, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldHasBeen

...I think I now have these Philippino’s figured out. .

Thanks for the reports OHB. Very enjoyable reading.

Wally in Cincy

Old
  (#45)
Tim-n-NM
It's like feeding a stray
Tim-n-NM has a reputation beyond reputeTim-n-NM has a reputation beyond reputeTim-n-NM has a reputation beyond reputeTim-n-NM has a reputation beyond reputeTim-n-NM has a reputation beyond reputeTim-n-NM has a reputation beyond reputeTim-n-NM has a reputation beyond reputeTim-n-NM has a reputation beyond reputeTim-n-NM has a reputation beyond reputeTim-n-NM has a reputation beyond reputeTim-n-NM has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2500

01-11-2006, 10:31 AM

OHB thanks for the updates. I know there is a lot going on there, So I am thankful for you taking the time for us that could not make it.

Tim

Page 3 of 4 123 4

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: