2007 DCC AZB/onepocket.org Members Room - Sign up now if you are a "player"

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
Assuming enough players are interested (we need at least 50), we will have a private AZB/onepocket.org Members Room at the 2007 DCC. We will have at least one private, non-coinop, 9ft. table for the round-the-clock enjoyment of the contributors. We are doing our best to get 2 full size tables in a single room (we should know within 2 weeks whether this is possible) – it depends on the room size and the amount of contributions we receive (we have a good start from the AZB room raffle run by Timberly – I am optimistic that we will have 2 tables).

A $25 donation gets you playing privileges on the table. Non-contributors may also get in the room for watching or socializing, but they should let us know ahead of time so we can get them on the list. To play, however, requires an advance contribution – send your money to Timberly (I’ll post her address below). We will accept player’s donations until mid-December, NOT AFTERWARDS, NOT AT THE VENUE. All of our expenses are UP FRONT, and no one wants to chase down pool players at the venue – we are not accountants, we are pool fans and players. If you want to play, you MUST send in your donation by mid-December. Post on this thread and let us know if you are “a player.”

One of the tables will be a challenge table with a sign-up list (#1 plays #2, then #2 plays #3, then #3 plays #4, and so on), so unless the room is empty, no one will be playing more than 2 matches in a row. The games will be 9ball race to 3, onepocket race to 2, straight pool to 35 points, full rack banks race to 1, short rack banks race to 2, 8-ball race to 2. The player "at the table" decides on the game. Wagers will be whatever the 2 players agree on, but $5, $10, and $20 wagers are encouraged. Last year most players just played for fun.

The second table is yet undecided. We think it may be just for gambling. We need to hear your thoughts (if you are going to be a playing member). We will still need to restrict the length of the matches (perhaps limiting matches to race to 10 at 9-ball, race to 5 one-pocket, race to 100 straight pool, race to 6 at 8-ball).

When the pro's are there, at least one table will be a "challenge the pro" table. When a pro is there, a sign-up list will be generated; and each member should play only ONE game with the pro (though can then put his name back at the bottom of the list if he wants to play more).

Any pro’s out there, please let me know if you would be willing to play some challenges in the room. Last year we had exhibitions by Grady Mathews, Tom Simpson, Willie Jopling, Jeanette Lee, and Jerry Briesath – hopefully we can arrange some interesting sessions for the members.

Sizl has contributed a large banner and 2 smaller banners that we will use again this year.

We will need someone in charge of the room at ALL TIMES (a condition set by the DCC) so it can be locked if empty. Timberly, Steve Lomako, and I will be there for most of the duration – any volunteers to assist; please let us know.

In case of disputes/problems look up one of the 3 organizers (Timberly, Steve Lomako, myself). The ruling of the organizer is FINAL AND BINDING (even if it’s wrong). Steve is the official “Room Goon”, let’s make sure he does NOT have to assert his authority.

We're not yet sure we have any extra funds for refreshments. We can bring our own refreshments this year; and I encourage ALL MEMBERS to show generosity to the pro’s – let’s make this a place where they will like to hang out between matches. If you see a pro, buy him/her a beverage (or you’re a wanker).

We will be providing official nametags through Greg Sullivan and the DCC; probably separate from your DCC ticket, but very similar. NO ONE PLAYS WITHOUT AN OFFICIAL NAME TAG (unless he's a pro, or unless he's bigger and tougher than zeeder or Steve Lomako ). Members planning on socializing (and not contributing) should let us know, and we will get them a non-player nametag.

PLEASE WEAR YOUR NAMETAGS (I’m getting Alzheimer’s and I’m having trouble remembering your name without one).

I will post events/schedule on a different thread.

Send your donations (with your REAL NAME AND SCREEN NAME) to:

Timberly Pike
129 E. Maple St.
Palmyra, PA 17078

See you at the DCC

Last edited:

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
I cannot wait. I'll only be there through the first Sunday but will have a blast none the less. Check is in the mail ;)
Looking forward to seeing fellow AZ'ers again..

Joe "used to be Runarak" Koontz

Hal

Beer Player
Silver Member
I'm in. Check will be mailed This week. I will possibly be there both weekends but the second weekend is for certain.

Last edited:
T

Timberly

Nostroke gets the "most enthusiastic" award! WBM made this thread on 11/14 and Nostroke mailed in his player money 11/15. He wasted no time! :p ;)

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Timbs,
I will mail a money order this week. I am probably not going to play in the room much if at all but I will support the cause. See ya'll there.

T

Timberly

Ktown D said:
Timbs,
I will mail a money order this week. I am probably not going to play in the room much if at all but I will support the cause. See ya'll there.
In 9 days I think I played three, maybe four times.... between working a booth at the event, catching some tournament play, stopping by the room to check on things, keeping track of the action room, and finding time to eat, drink, and sleep.... LOL, in my case it's definitely more supporting the cause than anything else. :p

rogelioii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
webcam?

wish i could be there, but I don't think that's going to happen... any chance someone there have a laptop and can stream a webcam of the action? (i'm assuming there's broadband access).

anyway, just a thought....

T

Timberly

rogelioii said:
wish i could be there, but I don't think that's going to happen... any chance someone there have a laptop and can stream a webcam of the action? (i'm assuming there's broadband access).

anyway, just a thought....
Internet service is only in the rooms. :(

ragbug74

Next NYTimes Best-Seller!
Silver Member
Timberly, I'm in and I'll drop payment in the mail over the holiday weekend.

....only 6 more weeks!!!!!!!!!

daylate$short

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll be there!

WBM & Timberly:

After following your threads from last year, I finally decided to take the trip as my vacation......couldn't believe ExWest still had rooms available......booked one from Saturday through Wednesday.

Will send MO tomorrow; looking forward to meeting you guys, and could probably help at the AZ/1P room at times.:D

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
daylate$short said:
WBM & Timberly:

After following your threads from last year, I finally decided to take the trip as my vacation......couldn't believe ExWest still had rooms available......booked one from Saturday through Wednesday.

Will send MO tomorrow; looking forward to meeting you guys, and could probably help at the AZ/1P room at times.:D

Short-one,
I hope you will enjoy it; it certainly is a unique tournament for both spectators and players. See you in January.

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$25

Not sure if I'm going to make it but enjoyed the room last year so I'll get my money in the mail this week. Thanks to everyone.

Bora

RBC

Deceased
Timberly,

You can count the OB-1 crew in! I think there will only be 2 of us, but we will bring more if we can.

Players:
Royce Bunnell
Don Owen

Possible non players
Anita Owen

The money is on it's way!

Royce Bunnell
www.obcues.com
877-399-9901

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
RBC said:
Timberly,

You can count the OB-1 crew in!

RB,
Any chance that you might have an OB-1 shaft with you that the members could try out? Many of us are convinced of the benefits of "low deflection" shafts and would LOVE to have the opportunity to hit a few with an OB-1.

Thanks in advance.

The Milk Man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
player

I'm in, sending the money out today. Will be down on Tuesday that week. Will be nice to meet some other members

Rip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll be there from 1/5 thru 1/9 and I'll have OB1 shafts for every pin size except 3/8x11. No, I'm not affiliated with OB1--I just like the way they hit! I look forward to seeing everyone there.

Rip

T

Timberly

daylate$short said:
WBM & Timberly:

YouOweMe4QuartersfromYesterday, I got your check today. Thanks for the kind words. I'm honored that you've taken my (and WBM) words to heart and have decided to give the DCC a chance. I sincerely hope you're able to work it out so that you can join us. I know you won't be disappointed and I'm looking forward to meeting you and reading your review of it once you get back home.

If you're anything like me, you'll be counting down the days until next yrs event! ;)

T

Timberly

Rip said:
I'll be there from 1/5 thru 1/9 and I'll have OB1 shafts for every pin size except 3/8x11. No, I'm not affiliated with OB1--I just like the way they hit! I look forward to seeing everyone there.

Rip
Rip, looking forward to meeting you. Have you been to the DCC before? Also, if you want to just hang out and socialize, you of course will be more than welcome to do so... As most gatherings go, the more the merrier of course, but if you'd like to play against other AZB-1p members and challenge the pros when they come in, we'll need your player donation in by mid-Dec.

Thanks for offering to bring in the OB1 shafts for members to try out. That's a very kind gesture. :)

I keep reiterating the need to get the player donations in early so that everyone knows. Not everyone reads every post and last yr WBM was kind enough to take donations at the venue which ended up running him a little ragged! FYI to everyone... Player donations for the room must be made by mid-Dec. ;)