Rip to San Jose Dick

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
So long to my friend Richard Mc Morran​ . I appreciate the time I got to spend with you and regret not spending more time with you more recently. Our little road trips to Tucson, Laughlin and Las Vegas where the time would fly by filled with your stories. You were truly one of a kind and hell of a player. At one time arguably one of the best one pocket players in the country. I admired the man you were who gave it to people straight, left the pool world to work a regular job and raise a family. Your advice you gave me on and off the pool table and about life in general I will forever appreciate. I will be bringing you a bottle of Yukon Jack my friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6hXkm2a4IY

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Sorry to hear this.
A great player with a lot of road stories over many decades.
May you Rest In Peace SJD.

Will Prout

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
R.I.P Dick
condolences to your family and loved ones
you were always helpful to me
thank you
lenny my sympathies on the loss of your friend

Last edited:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
RIP Dick. Thanks for your contributions.

Lenny, sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am so sorry to hear the sad news. He loved pool so much. He really enjoyed chatting with other pool peeps, telling stories, remembering the good times. May he rest in eternal peace!

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
I actually searched the forums for him yesterday. Not sure why he popped into my head. Rest in Peace SJD.

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Definitely .."One of a kind". You could say he was pretty sure of himself like all of the time. :).

Godspeed sir.

R

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Damn.

Anyone who hasn't listened to Lenny's interviews with SJD should. Well worth it.

It was a great call for you to do 'em, Lenny.

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rip

Only knew of SJD thru the many colorful story's I have read and I enjoyed them all. Very
sorry to hear of his passing. May he rest in peace.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
SJD was raw earth and could be a p-r-i-c-kly pear at times....and a witty one, at that.

He was the kind of guy I always liked because there was never a need to think, 'gee, I wonder what was on his mind'. :wink: You *always* knew with SJD. :thumbup:

Very sorry to hear this news.

Condolences to his family and many friends, and especially to Lenny on the loss of such a dear pal.

RIP SJD.

best,
brian kc

EDIT: Had to redo p-r-i-c-k-ly with hyphens because the anti vulgarity software wouldn't let me type *****ly. I think Dick would have found this funny.

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Sad news indeed. Enjoyed his posts. Got to meet him several times, too, and liked him. He'll be missed. Condolences to his family and friends.

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
RIP sir, and godspeed. Another of the old guard, gone :(. Definitely recommend you watch the video, very good. Thankfully we have that now, and can go back and watch these guys.
He was quite the character, and would tear into that ass in a heartbeat, if you didn't see eye to eye. His post will be missed.