A challenge to English
Old
  (#1)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member
cookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

A challenge to English - 06-12-2019, 07:46 AM

So you've been back about a week with a full out attack on CTE. Yep, your head is cocked sideways, your little chest is all pumped out, you are standing tall on a step stool. Hundred or so posts, most claiming that CTE does not stand the test of science. But what we are not seeing is any actual proof of your claim. No scientific evidence being presented. Just unsubstantiated claims. Claims that let's face it, you have no actual clue whether they are true or not. Or do you.
My challenge to you. Present the scientific evidence in all it's glory. You are sure it's there, present it to AZ for all to see. Don't present just a theory, that proves nothing. Prove your theory with scientific experiments. Show your work. Back up your claims.
I think you can't. I think you have no clue how to use CTE. But prove me wrong

Old
  (#2)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-12-2019, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie man View Post
So you've been back about a week with a full out attack on CTE. Yep, your head is cocked sideways, your little chest is all pumped out, you are standing tall on a step stool. Hundred or so posts, most claiming that CTE does not stand the test of science. But what we are not seeing is any actual proof of your claim. No scientific evidence being presented. Just unsubstantiated claims. Claims that let's face it, you have no actual clue whether they are true or not. Or do you.
My challenge to you. Present the scientific evidence in all it's glory. You are sure it's there, present it to AZ for all to see. Don't present just a theory, that proves nothing. Prove your theory with scientific experiments. Show your work. Back up your claims.
You've been asked many, many times to just describe (not even "prove") how CTE "takes you to" the exact shot line (with a slight overcut for throw - lol) - and all you've ever had to say is "you wouldn't understand". I think it's pretty clear that it's you who doesn't understand.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#3)
duckie
GregH
duckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond repute

06-12-2019, 09:31 AM

Well, if you want claimed based on science..........CTE canít work because in science..........you ready for this...........balls donít have edges.

Old
  (#4)
SpiderWebComm
Banned
SpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1275

06-12-2019, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
You've been asked many, many times to just describe (not even "prove") how CTE "takes you to" the exact shot line (with a slight overcut for throw - lol) - and all you've ever had to say is "you wouldn't understand". I think it's pretty clear that it's you who doesn't understand.

pj
chgo
Yaaawn...same copy and pasted response from 1998, 99, 2000, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05,

06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11,12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Soon to be followed up by more copy and pasted meaningless put down responses.

Old
  (#5)
Dan White
AzB Silver Member
Dan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond repute

06-12-2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
I'm not ENGLISH!, but I know an empty challenge when I see one. You don't recognize actual science when it is in front of you. Reread this thread and see if you can put your bias and defensiveness aside long enough to read and think about this thread. If you find fault with my analysis please let me know specifically what you think and we can discuss it. That's how science works. Shouting "you don't understand anything" is not science and since you seem to be looking for real science I don't expect to hear that back from you.

Looking forward to an actual discussion of the science.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showt...ighlight=throw

Dan White

Old
  (#6)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member
cookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond repute

06-12-2019, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan White View Post
I'm not ENGLISH!, but I know an empty challenge when I see one. You don't recognize actual science when it is in front of you. Reread this thread and see if you can put your bias and defensiveness aside long enough to read and think about this thread. If you find fault with my analysis please let me know specifically what you think and we can discuss it. That's how science works. Shouting "you don't understand anything" is not science and since you seem to be looking for real science I don't expect to hear that back from you.

Looking forward to an actual discussion of the science.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showt...ighlight=throw
I don't have time right now to read the thread. I'll go through it though.

My challenge is more specific to English. He keeps saying the science don't support CTE. He even says it in just about every post he makes in NPR. He's making false claims. He has absolutely no clue and ABSOLUTELY NO SCIENCE BACKED FACTS TO SUPPORT HIS EVERY POST. Time for your new leader to put up or shut up.

Old
  (#7)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckie View Post
Well, if you want claimed based on science..........CTE canít work because in science..........you ready for this...........balls donít have edges.
Lol. Seriously, I literally laughed out loud! Wait for it....wait for it......"balls don't have edges."

I love your style, but I am going to prove to you, when it comes to aiming, that object balls do in fact have edges. I will do this in a new thread.

POOLOLOGY
Brian Crist

Old
  (#8)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckie View Post
And ghost balls are invisible. Can you handle that.

Old
  (#9)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member

06-12-2019, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post

pj
chgo
It's only pretty clear that you wouldn't understand it if i did. You haven't understood basic CTE, you certainly aren't going to understand Stan's advanced version. But you are welcome to try to figure it out when the book comes out.

Old
  (#10)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member

06-12-2019, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC21 View Post
Lol. Seriously, I literally laughed out loud! Wait for it....wait for it......"balls don't have edges."

I love your style, but I am going to prove to you, when it comes to aiming, that object balls do in fact have edges. I will do this in a new thread.
Thank you, i only want to deal with one i........ at a time,lol.

Old
  (#11)
Dan White
AzB Silver Member
Dan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond repute

06-12-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
I don't have time right now to read the thread. I'll go through it though.

My challenge is more specific to English. He keeps saying the science don't support CTE. He even says it in just about every post he makes in NPR. He's making false claims. He has absolutely no clue and ABSOLUTELY NO SCIENCE BACKED FACTS TO SUPPORT HIS EVERY POST. Time for your new leader to put up or shut up.
Well, to put it delicately, Stan is the one saying it is "a mystery that was never supposed to be." So the criticism you make of ENGLISH applies very clearly to Stan. Some people use CTE and seem to love it. That isn't the issue. The issue is whether it is 100% objective and overpowers CIT (contact induced throw) and dials you in and cures gout and grows back hair. The point I'm making is that overstating what the system can do is harmful to people trying to learn it, but that's a different discussion.

Dan White

Old
  (#12)
JC
Needs Moderation

JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

06-12-2019, 01:39 PM

Quote:
It's only pretty clear that you wouldn't understand it if i did. You haven't understood basic CTE, you certainly aren't going to understand Stan's advanced version. But you are welcome to try to figure it out when the book comes out.
It's increasingly clear this needs to be settled in a live streamed event once and for all.

PJ and Lou VS Cookie and Spidey.

It should of course be a race to the death.

JC

JC

It's not what you don't know that get's you in trouble
It's what you know that just ain't so

Old
  (#13)
ENGLISH!
Banned
ENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond repute

06-12-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Well, to put it delicately, Stan is the one saying it is "a mystery that was never supposed to be." So the criticism you make of ENGLISH applies very clearly to Stan. Some people use CTE and seem to love it. That isn't the issue. The issue is whether it is 100% objective and overpowers CIT (contact induced throw) and dials you in and cures gout and grows back hair. The point I'm making is that overstating what the system can do is harmful to people trying to learn it, but that's a different discussion.

Old
  (#14)
SpiderWebComm
Banned
SpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1275

06-12-2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Well, to put it delicately, Stan is the one saying it is "a mystery that was never supposed to be." So the criticism you make of ENGLISH applies very clearly to Stan.

After a certain period of time when Stan started getting involved with CTE through Hal, Hal's health started going downhill rapidly due to the speed Alzheimer disease was taking over. Stan got certain keys and secrets but had to figure it out much on his own. It was the same negative crew on AZB carried over from RSB that said it was impossible which led Stan to say the mystery that was never supposed to be referring to YOU GUYS.

Some people use CTE and seem to love it.

More than some. Also more pro players who love and swear by it. What do you think they know that you don't?

That isn't the issue. The issue is whether it is 100% objective and overpowers CIT (contact induced throw) and dials you in and cures gout and grows back hair.

I've never heard that claim being made about gout or hair. I do know it causes constipation and hemorrhoids to those who knock it and don't use it.

The point I'm making is that overstating what the system can do is harmful to people trying to learn it, but that's a different discussion.
How in the world is it harmful to people trying to learn it? Man, you guys are pulling crap from the bottom of the barrel now just to make crap up.

Overstating and lying what the system CAN"T do by the Anti-CTE crowd, is HARMFUL to people who WANT to learn it and are TRYING to learn it.

Old
  (#15)
Dan White
AzB Silver Member

06-12-2019, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderWebComm View Post
. Stan got certain keys and secrets but had to figure it out much on his own. It was the same negative crew on AZB carried over from RSB that said it was impossible which led Stan to say the mystery that was never supposed to be referring to YOU GUYS.
Run that by me one more time. What exactly are you saying here?

Dan White

Page 1 of 9 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: