What's Happening in Louisville?
Old
  (#1)
JAM
On the Hill
JAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 325

What's Happening in Louisville? - 01-03-2007, 05:22 AM

Today is January 3rd, and I would imagine that folks are starting to arrive at the 2007 Derby City Classic in Louisville, Kentucky.

I heard that the weather in Louisville is going to be in the 50's and 60's, which is quite nice for this time of year.

So anyone who has access to a computer, inquiring minds gotta know what's happening. Who's matching up? Who are the first to arrive?

Thanks in advance to any AzB-ers who can provide some info!

JAM

Old
  (#2)
Ktown D
Neverwuzzz
Ktown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 75
  Send a message via MSN to Ktown D  
01-03-2007, 06:40 AM

Is this confirmation that you all are not going to be able to attend this year?

I'm sure a lot of AZ'ers were hoping you guys could make it.

"It's either bet big or go to the house, Jack" ~ Uncle Si

What I Shoots With...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCIN View Post
Its gambling Johnny and when you gamble there's always the chance of having to sit on a strange mans lap.

Old
  (#3)
JAM
On the Hill
JAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond repute

01-03-2007, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktown D
Is this confirmation that you all are not going to be able to attend this year?

I'm sure a lot of AZ'ers were hoping you guys could make it.
I am not going to be able to make it because of work-related activities this week. We were hoping that, if time allowed, we could make the 12-hour drive and attend for a few days. Keith's best friend is going to be there, from what I have been told.

There will be no shortage of action there, and I will enjoy reading all about it. Hopefully, some kind souls will post up some trip reports. I know Diana Hoppe will be there snapping pictures, which is one of my favorite treats. She is absolutely the BEST!

JAM

Old
  (#4)
Ktown D
Neverwuzzz
Ktown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond repute

01-03-2007, 07:12 AM

I have not spoken to RL in a while but I was hoping he was still planning on making the trip.

Hope you get to slide down for a few days.

What I Shoots With...

Quote:
Its gambling Johnny and when you gamble there's always the chance of having to sit on a strange mans lap.

Old
  (#5)
JAM
On the Hill

01-03-2007, 07:38 AM

Quote:
I have not spoken to RL in a while but I was hoping he was still planning on making the trip.

Hope you get to slide down for a few days.
Yep. Me, too!

BTW, there's a full moon tonight! Funny things happen when there's a full moon, and I'd imagine that on the eve of opening night at the DCC, there will be non-stop excitement.

I remember my first DCC experience. We drove through the ice-covered mountains of West Virginia, 12 long hours, finally arriving in good old Louisville. Rolling into the parking lot, we entered the HUGE lobby of the Executive West Hotel. I mean, it was BIG. The furnishings were representative of the Bluegrass State, lots of wood trimmings, giving it kind of a warm and cozy feel.

When we checked into our room, the first thing I set my eyes on was that rocking chair. I thought, I'm going to like it around these parts, but I never did get to set a spell in that rocking chair. Matter of fact, the whole week, I'd be surprised if I got 10 hours of sleep.

Who can stay in their room when they're attending the DCC!? Watching the various players from around the world rolling in the front lobby opening night, it was like a Who's Who in pool. This is the pool mecca of the year. Some folks make this their once-a-year event and wouldn't miss it for anything.

So, even though I'm sitting here at my computer, procrastinating my workload here at home, I am getting a little anxious to read all about it!

JAM

My Favorite DCC Picture!
Old
  (#6)
JAM
On the Hill

My Favorite DCC Picture! - 01-03-2007, 08:15 AM

The up-curl of Tony "T-Rex" Chohan's lip says it all!
Attached Images

Old
  (#7)
Ktown D
Neverwuzzz

01-03-2007, 08:33 AM

They're lucky there wasn't a waffle house nearby.

What I Shoots With...

Quote:

Old
  (#8)
JAM
On the Hill

01-03-2007, 08:35 AM

Quote:
They're lucky there wasn't a waffle house nearby.
Hey, that picture was taken the SAME year of the Waffle House robbery, taken the LAST day of the DCC!

JAM

Old
  (#9)
Ktown D
Neverwuzzz

01-03-2007, 08:41 AM

Spooky...........I'll take mine scattered, smothered and covered please.

What I Shoots With...

Quote:

Old
  (#10)
BANKONIT
AzB Silver Member
BANKONIT has a reputation beyond reputeBANKONIT has a reputation beyond reputeBANKONIT has a reputation beyond reputeBANKONIT has a reputation beyond reputeBANKONIT has a reputation beyond reputeBANKONIT has a reputation beyond reputeBANKONIT has a reputation beyond reputeBANKONIT has a reputation beyond reputeBANKONIT has a reputation beyond reputeBANKONIT has a reputation beyond reputeBANKONIT has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-03-2007, 08:47 AM

24 Hours Until Liftoff.

Old
  (#11)
JAM
On the Hill

01-03-2007, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANKONIT
24 Hours Until Liftoff.
Tonight, they'll be coming in by the droves! I'm kind of thinking there will be some noteworthy happenings on the eve of the DCC. At least I hope so!

JAM

Old
  (#12)
Tim-n-NM
It's like feeding a stray
Tim-n-NM has a reputation beyond reputeTim-n-NM has a reputation beyond reputeTim-n-NM has a reputation beyond reputeTim-n-NM has a reputation beyond reputeTim-n-NM has a reputation beyond reputeTim-n-NM has a reputation beyond reputeTim-n-NM has a reputation beyond reputeTim-n-NM has a reputation beyond reputeTim-n-NM has a reputation beyond reputeTim-n-NM has a reputation beyond reputeTim-n-NM has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2500

01-03-2007, 10:34 AM

I cant wait to hear the happinings.

Tim

Old
  (#13)
Hal
Beer Player
Hal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1900

01-03-2007, 12:56 PM

What kind of action goes on at the other hotel? I never went over there last year. I'm staying there this year.

Old
  (#14)
Ktown D
Neverwuzzz

01-03-2007, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal
What kind of action goes on at the other hotel? I never went over there last year. I'm staying there this year.
All of the BCA league tournaments and events as well as the DCC bar table mini tournaments. A little action happens over there too.

What I Shoots With...

Quote:

Old
  (#15)
RSB-Refugee
AzB Silver Member
RSB-Refugee has a reputation beyond reputeRSB-Refugee has a reputation beyond reputeRSB-Refugee has a reputation beyond reputeRSB-Refugee has a reputation beyond reputeRSB-Refugee has a reputation beyond reputeRSB-Refugee has a reputation beyond reputeRSB-Refugee has a reputation beyond reputeRSB-Refugee has a reputation beyond reputeRSB-Refugee has a reputation beyond reputeRSB-Refugee has a reputation beyond reputeRSB-Refugee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 900

01-03-2007, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM
I heard that the weather in Louisville is going to be in the 50's and 60's, which is quite nice for this time of year.
Great news for us smokers, it was much colder last year. Of course the year before, I was smoking in the landing with Tony Stewart, which was kind of cool.

Get your horse out of the stable and get on over to Louisville.

Tracy

Page 1 of 5 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: