Old
  (#46)
f210
AzB Silver Member
f210 has a reputation beyond reputef210 has a reputation beyond reputef210 has a reputation beyond reputef210 has a reputation beyond reputef210 has a reputation beyond reputef210 has a reputation beyond reputef210 has a reputation beyond reputef210 has a reputation beyond reputef210 has a reputation beyond reputef210 has a reputation beyond reputef210 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-11-2007, 10:37 AM

Does Earl Strickland ever gamble? I want to see him match up with Dennis Orcullo. Now, that would be interesting.

Old
  (#47)
Rick S.
AzB Silver Member
Rick S. has a reputation beyond reputeRick S. has a reputation beyond reputeRick S. has a reputation beyond reputeRick S. has a reputation beyond reputeRick S. has a reputation beyond reputeRick S. has a reputation beyond reputeRick S. has a reputation beyond reputeRick S. has a reputation beyond reputeRick S. has a reputation beyond reputeRick S. has a reputation beyond reputeRick S. has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 31990

01-11-2007, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f210
Does Earl Strickland ever gamble? I want to see him match up with Dennis Orcullo. Now, that would be interesting.
Never. He quit gambling many yrs ago.

Rick S.

The Kid
Old
  (#48)
Cookie
Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 554

The Kid - 01-11-2007, 11:42 AM

Who Was Shanes Corner Man??

If You Keep Making Ball's,, Soon You Will RUN OUT...

Old
  (#49)
gpeezy
for sale!
gpeezy has a reputation beyond reputegpeezy has a reputation beyond reputegpeezy has a reputation beyond reputegpeezy has a reputation beyond reputegpeezy has a reputation beyond reputegpeezy has a reputation beyond reputegpeezy has a reputation beyond reputegpeezy has a reputation beyond reputegpeezy has a reputation beyond reputegpeezy has a reputation beyond reputegpeezy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 400

01-11-2007, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCIN
According to Appletons backer ( a nice guy ) they are WAYYYYY stuck this trip. I don't think he's booked a winner yet. Lost 3 times to Hennesse and a big set to Shane.

The guy plays good but this is a tough place to win.

Corey played Effren 1 hole race to 10 getting 10-7. Corey took the dough 10-6.
how much was the set with cory and efren?

Old
  (#50)
MFB
Just a User
MFB has a reputation beyond reputeMFB has a reputation beyond reputeMFB has a reputation beyond reputeMFB has a reputation beyond reputeMFB has a reputation beyond reputeMFB has a reputation beyond reputeMFB has a reputation beyond reputeMFB has a reputation beyond reputeMFB has a reputation beyond reputeMFB has a reputation beyond reputeMFB has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

01-11-2007, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie
Who Was Shanes Corner Man??

I heard it was Dan V.

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

Winston Churchill

Name: Mark
Cue: Foster, Gulyassy Orange Crusher
Hours of pool: 10-15
Games of choice: Barbox 8-ball

www.favoritesonspice.com

Old
  (#51)
jello1973
Banned
jello1973 is on a distinguished road

01-11-2007, 01:28 PM

Those photo's remind me of a funny story Danny Harriman once told me. He was in action in Vegas years ago with his then stake horse. Danny and whoever he was playing posted the money on the light (a few thousand). Danny wins the set, he and his stake horse jump in the car and get about 30 mins. down the road... NEITHER had the money, they each thought the other grabbed it off the light. They made a U turn, went back (by now an hour had gone by) and the cash was STILL there! NOBODY noticed! What luck!

Old
  (#52)
Rick S.
AzB Silver Member
Rick S. has a reputation beyond reputeRick S. has a reputation beyond reputeRick S. has a reputation beyond reputeRick S. has a reputation beyond reputeRick S. has a reputation beyond reputeRick S. has a reputation beyond reputeRick S. has a reputation beyond reputeRick S. has a reputation beyond reputeRick S. has a reputation beyond reputeRick S. has a reputation beyond reputeRick S. has a reputation beyond repute

01-12-2007, 09:50 AM

Darren matched up against Bartrum last night. Darren told me he was going to play him for 10K. I watched until 4:30 this AM. When I left Darren had him stuck 9 games, going to 11.

You'd be hard pressed to find a nicer guy than Darren.

Sure hope he went ahead and took care of business after I left.

Rick

Old
  (#53)
cheemagun
gettin there...
cheemagun has a reputation beyond reputecheemagun has a reputation beyond reputecheemagun has a reputation beyond reputecheemagun has a reputation beyond reputecheemagun has a reputation beyond reputecheemagun has a reputation beyond reputecheemagun has a reputation beyond reputecheemagun has a reputation beyond reputecheemagun has a reputation beyond reputecheemagun has a reputation beyond reputecheemagun has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to cheemagun  
01-12-2007, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick S.
Darren matched up against Bartrum last night. Darren told me he was going to play him for 10K. I watched until 4:30 this AM. When I left Darren had him stuck 9 games, going to 11.

Rick
race to 11? or 11 ahead ?

Old
  (#54)
Rick S.
AzB Silver Member

01-12-2007, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheemagun
race to 11? or 11 ahead ?

Playing 11 ahead.

How did the match come out?
Old
  (#55)
breaktime2
AzB Silver Member
breaktime2 has a reputation beyond reputebreaktime2 has a reputation beyond reputebreaktime2 has a reputation beyond reputebreaktime2 has a reputation beyond reputebreaktime2 has a reputation beyond reputebreaktime2 has a reputation beyond reputebreaktime2 has a reputation beyond reputebreaktime2 has a reputation beyond reputebreaktime2 has a reputation beyond reputebreaktime2 has a reputation beyond reputebreaktime2 has a reputation beyond repute

How did the match come out? - 01-12-2007, 10:11 AM

Does anyone know how Keith Bennett fared against Bartrum or Orem? Oops I see this has been answered, sorry.

I wake up every morning with nothing to do,
I go to bed every night with only half of it done.

Last edited by breaktime2; 01-12-2007 at 10:16 AM.

Old
  (#56)
Cornerman
Cue Author...Sometimes
Cornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-12-2007, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick S.

Rick
Chris got it back to 8 a couple of times, but Darren sealed it at about 5:00 AM ish.

To Cardman, the ahead sets are a grind and can be divided into three parts: the start, the stretch, and the finish. The stretch portion is normally the longass grind, and it's this that can break a normally good race player who might otherwise start well or finish well in a race.

To show the character of these two guys (Chris and Darren), when Darren got to 10 -ahead going to 11, he swiped the coin down table, the normal move when you get to the hill, Chris very politely explained to Darren that in an ahead set, you don't toss the coin since you still need to keep score with that coin. It was a friendly and quick discussion as if the two hadn't been playing for 10 dimes but rather a saturday afternoon session of barbox 8-ball while watching the football game.

Fred

--------

Name: Freddie Agnir
Shooting Cue: 2017 Tascarella (w/blokid extension) or Schuler SC-250
Breaking Cue: BK Rush

Playing time: just a hair above zero
--------

"I don't care if you win, just cover the spread!"

- Annie Potts (Memaw from Young Sheldon)

Old
  (#57)
Nostroke
AzB Silver Member

Nostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 10475
  Send a message via MSN to Nostroke  
01-12-2007, 11:36 AM

He finally booked a winner. Now maybe he has a better perspective on what level to match up against. He's got heart and stamina for sure.

Old
  (#58)
Timberly

vCash:

01-12-2007, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerman
To show the character of these two guys (Chris and Darren), when Darren got to 10 -ahead going to 11, he swiped the coin down table, the normal move when you get to the hill, Chris very politely explained to Darren that in an ahead set, you don't toss the coin since you still need to keep score with that coin. It was a friendly and quick discussion as if the two hadn't been playing for 10 dimes but rather a saturday afternoon session of barbox 8-ball while watching the football game.
I really like Bartrum's easy going, laid back demeanor. Darren seems to be cut from the same cloth. I don't think he's as laid back as Bartrum but he's pretty quiet and very nice. His backer is equally as nice. LOL, his backer informed me that after his 3rd post on here, I got onto him pretty good. This was back during the IPT stuff and I told him that I certainly didn't mean any hard feelings. He turns around and says "but you were right in what you said". Nice, honest guy IMO.

Right after they flipped the coin last night, Bartrum confirmed with Darren that they were going to 10. Darren said that he would like to go to 12, so they both decided to meet in the middle instead of arguing about it, and go to 11. With some guys an hour long argument could've ensued but both of these guys are easy enough to get along with, they just agreed to meet in the middle.

For us working stiff's, the cash around here is sickening. I have to work 40 hrs a week for 6 months to get the total on the light of the Bartrum Appleton match.
Attached Images

Old
  (#59)
Handsumm
Banned
Handsumm has a brilliant futureHandsumm has a brilliant futureHandsumm has a brilliant futureHandsumm has a brilliant futureHandsumm has a brilliant futureHandsumm has a brilliant futureHandsumm has a brilliant futureHandsumm has a brilliant futureHandsumm has a brilliant futureHandsumm has a brilliant futureHandsumm has a brilliant future

01-12-2007, 01:18 PM

Me too, damn! I need to quit my job and play more phuckin' pool!

Old
  (#60)
mouse
AzB Silver Member
mouse has a reputation beyond reputemouse has a reputation beyond reputemouse has a reputation beyond reputemouse has a reputation beyond reputemouse has a reputation beyond reputemouse has a reputation beyond reputemouse has a reputation beyond reputemouse has a reputation beyond reputemouse has a reputation beyond reputemouse has a reputation beyond reputemouse has a reputation beyond repute

01-12-2007, 01:30 PM

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 4 of 6 « First 234 56

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: