Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Tournament Talk > Derby City Classic/Southern Classic
Reload this Page 2008 DCC Room - ??? Name change ??? Volunteers ???
Page 2 of 7 12 34 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
Donovan
A little security, goes..
Donovan has a reputation beyond reputeDonovan has a reputation beyond reputeDonovan has a reputation beyond reputeDonovan has a reputation beyond reputeDonovan has a reputation beyond reputeDonovan has a reputation beyond reputeDonovan has a reputation beyond reputeDonovan has a reputation beyond reputeDonovan has a reputation beyond reputeDonovan has a reputation beyond reputeDonovan has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 550
 Send a message via ICQ to Donovan Send a message via AIM to Donovan Send a message via MSN to Donovan Send a message via Yahoo to Donovan  
01-16-2007, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberly
Donovan, you're not an idiot and no one has even hinted at that. You're just looking at the room in a different perspective than what it really is. I'm still at work but I will search for the posts that Tom made in reference to the room last yr when I get home... the room is about US and FOR us. It's not about promoting the site and getting new members. If that happens, great... but that's not the reason for the room.
AH! I see. I told you I must not be getting it. LMAO!

Peace,
Donovan

MadEye1@gmail.com
Playing Cue: South West / Tip: Talisman Pro Soft / Break Cue: $15 Canadian
Jump Cue: Bunjee / Case: Talisman (Original-Black) / All my stuff came from GoBilliards.com

-Straight Pool and One-Pocket Rule!

Old
  (#17)
Scottster

vCash:

01-16-2007, 03:48 PM

How about "Tom Ferry's Memorial Internet Forum Room of Excellence"?

Old
  (#18)
sde
sde has a reputation beyond reputesde has a reputation beyond reputesde has a reputation beyond reputesde has a reputation beyond reputesde has a reputation beyond reputesde has a reputation beyond reputesde has a reputation beyond reputesde has a reputation beyond reputesde has a reputation beyond reputesde has a reputation beyond reputesde has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

01-16-2007, 03:51 PM

"The Tom Ferry/AZB/onepocket.org Members Room of Excellence"
This is a bit lengthy but it would maintain the identity of previous years years and begin a new tradition for one year, 2008. And beginning in 2009 the "AZB/onepocket.org" could be dropped from the name, adding a bit of continuity to the transition of changing names.
Just an idea.

Steve

Old
  (#19)
tiptoety
Just call me Ty
tiptoety is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500
  Send a message via AIM to tiptoety Send a message via Yahoo to tiptoety  
01-16-2007, 03:53 PM

Um, to thwart any confusion on what the room is, why not change it to memorize the guy who thought it up, and put "sponsored by AZB members" or something along those lines, in small print. I'm sure if there are tables set up next year in a room like this year, and the regulars are there again, no one will be confused on what it is. You'll still get the new posters afterwards. Even if a curious person who tries to enter the room has to be told that you guys are AZB posters. I'm sure AZB was mentioned NUMEROUS times in the room. I believe it's public knowledge by now.

Just my couple of pennies

Playing cue: Meucci
Break cue: Players B/J
Other Cues: Dodson Tadpole Jump
Years Playing: 22
Pool Idols: Jose Parica, Ralf Souquet
Favorite game: Straight, 1 pocket, and 1 ball

Old
  (#20)
watchez
What time is it?
watchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5625

01-16-2007, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donovan
I do get that, but it makes no sesne to anyone that doesn't know who he is.
Donovan...I respect your point. However, it made me think that while at the DCC I was sitting next to Monica Webb & Gerda (however you spell her last name) and Angry White came into the main action room with a sign that said "Louie Roberts couldn't win the Angry White Award". A friend of mine said that was disrespectful to Louie Roberts. Guess what Monica & Gerda said??? "Who is Louie Roberts?" They have never even heard of the man. This coming from two women pro players who live their life around pool. Who have been to the DCC every year I can remember & they never thought to ask anyone who Louie Roberts was??? Amazing.....but you can see naming the room after Tom Ferry won't hurt the recognition of having a room for members to go to. Just like it doesn't hurt the recognition that Cliff Joyner won the Louie Roberts award last year. I bet Monica/Gerda knew who won, just didn't understand the significance or the fact that Louie could give each of them the wild rack.

Old
  (#21)
derekdisco
We woulda won state!
derekdisco has a reputation beyond reputederekdisco has a reputation beyond reputederekdisco has a reputation beyond reputederekdisco has a reputation beyond reputederekdisco has a reputation beyond reputederekdisco has a reputation beyond reputederekdisco has a reputation beyond reputederekdisco has a reputation beyond reputederekdisco has a reputation beyond reputederekdisco has a reputation beyond reputederekdisco has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

01-16-2007, 04:27 PM

The Tom Ferry internet club? And on any advertisemensts or banners put the logos of all the forum sites? Just an idea.

thanks
Old
  (#22)
boradriver
AzB Silver Member
boradriver has a reputation beyond reputeboradriver has a reputation beyond reputeboradriver has a reputation beyond reputeboradriver has a reputation beyond reputeboradriver has a reputation beyond reputeboradriver has a reputation beyond reputeboradriver has a reputation beyond reputeboradriver has a reputation beyond reputeboradriver has a reputation beyond reputeboradriver has a reputation beyond reputeboradriver has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 6500

thanks - 01-16-2007, 04:49 PM

First thanks to Timberly and Williebetmore and anyone else that helped set up and run the room. I met some good people and had a good time playing in the room.
As far as the name change if you change it to honor Tom Ferry than I think it is a great idea but I think we should keep the forums mentioned somewhere. Even if it just says sponsored by AZ/Onepocket members.
If you want to have other forum members join in I think that is a good idea also and if it grows out of the one room than maybe in the future we will have two rooms. I would suggest that they should all have to join one of the two original forums to make it easier for those run it to keep track of everyone and keep the information in one or two location.

Room names?
Old
  (#23)
cueandcushion
Cue & Cushion_STL_MO
cueandcushion has a reputation beyond reputecueandcushion has a reputation beyond reputecueandcushion has a reputation beyond reputecueandcushion has a reputation beyond reputecueandcushion has a reputation beyond reputecueandcushion has a reputation beyond reputecueandcushion has a reputation beyond reputecueandcushion has a reputation beyond reputecueandcushion has a reputation beyond reputecueandcushion has a reputation beyond reputecueandcushion has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to cueandcushion  
Room names? - 01-16-2007, 05:02 PM

"Oldhasbeen's" Wanna Be Room

Skip's Place (Inside Joke for C&C regulars)

AZBilliards Room of Excellence and Other players too.

"Just Timberly"

"Oldhasbeen's....Where everybody knows your screen name"

Oldhasbeen Pool Lounge- has a laid back feeling to it!
(thats my favorite I guess)

Craig - Saint Louis MO - Cue & Cushion Billiards -

Now celebrating our 50th year in business! Remember, you can help your local room survive or post about it later that it went under.

Since 1966- Family owned and family friendly

Last edited by cueandcushion; 01-16-2007 at 05:05 PM.

Old
  (#24)
Timberly

vCash:

01-16-2007, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boradriver
As far as the name change if you change it to honor Tom Ferry than I think it is a great idea but I think we should keep the forums mentioned somewhere. Even if it just says sponsored by AZ/Onepocket members.
Neither website actually sponsors the room. This along with people contacting Mike & Steve on matters concerning the room, is where problems are coming in.

I like the "Tom Ferry's internet forum room of excellence" or something to that effect. I wouldn't even begrudge something in very small print stating that it's sponsored by members of the AZ/1p (IP/CCB if we add to the list next yr) forums.

Old
  (#25)
boradriver
AzB Silver Member
boradriver has a reputation beyond reputeboradriver has a reputation beyond reputeboradriver has a reputation beyond reputeboradriver has a reputation beyond reputeboradriver has a reputation beyond reputeboradriver has a reputation beyond reputeboradriver has a reputation beyond reputeboradriver has a reputation beyond reputeboradriver has a reputation beyond reputeboradriver has a reputation beyond reputeboradriver has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 6500

01-16-2007, 06:01 PM

I agree thats why in my post I said "sponsored by AZ/Onepocket members" not sponsored by AZ/1P websites.

Old
  (#26)
Timberly

vCash:

01-16-2007, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cueandcushion
"Just Timberly"
LOL, that would've only worked this yr. Next yr it's back to normal, but who knows... even though I won't be actively organizing the room next yr, there might be one or two out there that will still blame me for acting like it's all about me. Guess we'll just have to wait & see.

Old
  (#27)
JimS
Grandpa & his grand boys.
JimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4050
Location: Jim Sward 311 E. Main, Suite 317 Galesburg, Il 61401

01-16-2007, 06:17 PM

What would Tom want?

"The average man seeks certainty in the eye of the onlooker and calls that self-confidence.
The warrior seeks impeccability in his own eye and calls that humbleness."
Carlos Castenada

"Make no distinction between the difficult and the less difficult shot but apply yourself completely to each opportunity to strike a pool ball". Mark Wilson

"No nonchalantin at the pool table!" Sailor

Live like somebody left the gate open!

What About
Old
  (#28)
oldroller
AzB Silver Member
oldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond repute

What About - 01-16-2007, 06:23 PM

Calling it the FORUM ROOM simple enough

Old
  (#29)
Cornerman
Cue Author...Sometimes
Cornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-16-2007, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchez
at the DCC I was sitting next to Monica Webb & Gerda (however you spell her last name) .
I'm sure you meant Monica and Helena. And Helena's last name would be Thornfeldt.

Fred

--------

Name: Freddie Agnir
Shooting Cue: 2017 Tascarella (w/blokid extension) or Schuler SC-250
Breaking Cue: BK Rush

Playing time: just a hair above zero
--------

"I don't care if you win, just cover the spread!"

- Annie Potts (Memaw from Young Sheldon)

Old
  (#30)
cueball1950
AzB Silver Member
cueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25
  Send a message via AIM to cueball1950 Send a message via Yahoo to cueball1950  
Thumbs up 01-17-2007, 12:50 AM

[QUOTE=Williebetmore]T,
All good points. I like the idea of opening it up to CCB'ers - I would DEFINITELY like to steal some of their posters over to this forum (Popcorn, Dick Leonard, Fran Crimi, Dr. Dave, SPetty, deeman, etc.). If we post the info over there, then make them respond over here; I'm in favor of it.

WBM.... I don't think that you will ever get those that you named to switch over to AZ.. They are quite happy where they are...as a matter of fact, (and it won't be a big loss) but i think i will be back posting alot more over there in the future. I will still come by here and lurk once in awhile but for reasons i want to keep private i will be posting alot less on here in the future......mike

Is life worth living with so much pain???????

Page 2 of 7 12 34 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: