2020 AZB Ghost Challenge - Official Thread

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had the same problem with my old Handicam. I could record almost an hour on the SD card, but that’s it. And the video quality wasn’t the greatest. When I went to upgrade the card, I was told mine was so old that I couldn’t even buy a compatible storage upgrade. I use my phone now and it works great with the storage upgrade I bought with it. I can record for a few hours straight in HD and my new phone even records in 4K. Editing and posting the vids is super easy too...couple of apps on the phone let me edit and post to YouTube. Nothing too fancy, but great for what I do with it.

I used to use my phone also but I had a really old phone and it didn’t have much memory so I kept running out of storage on it. Then I found the Sony at a really good deal and bought it just to record pool on. Hadn’t had a problem until the last few times I have tried it. Today I formatted the card so we will see how that goes. I got a newer phone since then but still not the best out there by any stretch of imagination. I’ll try again sometime as I’m not playing much right now but I want to get back to practicing more in the next couple weeks.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
10-Ball Ghost Ranking (BIH after break, call shot, 10 last)
1. .....
2. Gerry Williams (7-2 W 78% Jan 18 Video) (9-3 W 75% Apr 12 Video P1 Video P2) 9' Olhausen

Both the above entries / videos took early 10 balls. Which I'm totally for if that's the case. I've been avoiding those combos and it would make things a tad easier.

My entry vid is currently uploading :)

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...snip...
Both the above entries / videos took early 10 balls. Which I'm totally for if that's the case. I've been avoiding those combos and it would make things a tad easier.
...snip...

We made the rules as "suggested" so feel free to make them easier or harder. This also covers probably most of the people just play the ghost however they want, without reading the thread:)

The main objective is to get people to participate. Some years we've had spot balls on a break scratch, some years no early money ball, etc. This year, I wanted to make the 10 ball rules like the real pros play the game. However, I think next year, I'm going to make the rules the lowest common denominator. Nothing spots on a break scratch, everything is wild, early combo on money ball ok for the win. And if that is too easy for someone, they can make it harder for themselves:)

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
We made the rules as "suggested" so feel free to make them easier or harder. This also covers probably most of the people just play the ghost however they want, without reading the thread:)

Sweet... Didn't mean to sound like I was complaining. I just know I passed on a few early ten's thinking I couldn't.

I'll probably still avoid them, as the local guys play by those rules.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Not sure what your frame rate was, but it's almost unwatchable.

Good playing though.

Thanks, appreciated...

I followed my link. Does seem awfully choppy. Maybe I messed with something on OBS without realizing it. "Almost unwatchable" might be overstating it though...lol.

I have been using my laptop's built in camera which blows. Maybe I should just set up one of my used phones in a permanent location.

peppersauce

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got in a little practice against the 9-ball ghost today. Played probably 5 races to 9 and lost all of them. This is the last set I played, 7-9 loss.

https://youtu.be/lRviCUXG1wo

Weird set. I played well some racks and made some tricky outs. Other racks I made simple mistakes and just gave it away. I also got really lucky a couple of times. I think I dropped some f-bombs too. Sorry.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played today some snooker Ghost but failed make any solid breaks apart one 88 where i had even chance to 147.. Then i continued to try carom 8-ball. Had fun but no success.
Finally I decided to shoot some 8-ball without ball in hand. I won 7-0.
After short break i tried how far i could go and on 9th rack finally missed. Probably easiest layout in whole set but mental lazy mistake. After that missed position i dd shoot harder cut to get back to line but just estimated angle wrong.

Anyways I had headset on and i do some commentating too about my play. I hope audio is better :)
https://youtu.be/vVJTJNGXbNE

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Thanks to you Poolmanis, I have been playing Pro-Ghost 10 ball... it's been a tough go.

A few nail biting wins, but more often than not my break goes to hell and I get crushed...lol

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks to you Poolmanis, I have been playing Pro-Ghost 10 ball... it's been a tough go.

A few nail biting wins, but more often than not my break goes to hell and I get crushed...lol

After one beats ghost regular basis he should move to pro ghosts.
If i put it simply. Pro ghost is great break practice with punishing results if one break bad. Adds kinda pressure to break.
Against strong players you simply break good also or you wont have a chance.

And then u need to play also ... :rolleyes:

I have taken beating from pro ghost so many times .. almost always when i start lose control of the break. Then lowest ball stays hidden or u get 3 ball clusters normally close to side pockets. There is repetitive results for one to see if doing this long enough.

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played today some snooker Ghost but failed make any solid breaks apart one 88 where i had even chance to 147.. Then i continued to try carom 8-ball. Had fun but no success.
Finally I decided to shoot some 8-ball without ball in hand. I won 7-0.
After short break i tried how far i could go and on 9th rack finally missed. Probably easiest layout in whole set but mental lazy mistake. After that missed position i dd shoot harder cut to get back to line but just estimated angle wrong.

Anyways I had headset on and i do some commentating too about my play. I hope audio is better :)
https://youtu.be/vVJTJNGXbNE

Thank you for making this! It is really nice to be able to watch you play and comment on it while doing so. There is a lot of good stuff there I could incorporate in my play aswell, especially in situation where you got slightly out of line and talk about different ways to get out anyway :smile:

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Recorded this a few days ago and since I hadn’t posted a video yet thought I would upload it. It was o e of those days where you just struggle. Seemed like I was just a little out of line on a lot of shots. I think I scratched 3 times in a row on the break. Still managed a 7-4 win. Not terrible I don’t guess for a banger like me.

https://youtu.be/zuUye-aazis