Star Grand Match Chinese 8-ball tables

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I have at least 2 of them to sell. My plan was to convert to 4.5" pro cut pockets but that is not really doable at this time.

These are located in Ohio

Does anyone have any interest in these sorts of tables? They are beautiful and very well made, all steel subframe and hardware.

They list for something like $4000 each, is it even worth it to list them for $500 each or should I just expect to throw them out?

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Before discarding anything, think about donating the tables to a local youth club, school or church
that operates after school programs for youths. You can declare the donated value what you think
it is which could be in the thousands each. That would be a nice tax deduction which might line your
pockets better than an outright sale. It sounds like there might not be high demand for this style/ brand.
You don’t have to donate Gold Crown quality pool tables to a youth club because the tables will see
some hard play and get beat up. At the same time, you are planting seeds for developing new players.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Before discarding anything, think about donating the tables to a local youth club, school or church
that operates after school programs for youths. You can declare the donated value what you think
it is which could be in the thousands each. That would be a nice tax deduction which might line your
pockets better than an outright sale. It sounds like there might not be high demand for this style/ brand.
You don’t have to donate Gold Crown quality pool tables to a youth club because the tables will see
some hard play and get beat up. At the same time, you are planting seeds for developing new players.

That's true, I may go the donation route. Most of the clubs are closed though due to the pandemic

These were used for a single demonstration at the US Open a few years ago, and have been stored since then

Last edited:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Based on the amount of interest, I'm guessing there will be a Curb Alert post on Craigslist in the near future. Stunning tables and rock solid, but paying 200/month in storage to hold them is stupid

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With your expertise in pool related merchandise from cues to cases to tables to art,
you possess outstanding credibility when it comes to assigning a declared value for
tax purposes. Plus the recipient would likely feels better knowing the assigned worth.

Just saying if all else fails, Churches, Synagogues, YMCA, Community Centers especially
for seniors, etc. might have a home or would make a home for the tables. You might check
to see if you can carry forward the declared value of one of the tables as a deferred 2021
tax deductible so you’d have a deduction towards next year’s return. Dunno if it’s based on
actual realization of the expense or deduction versus say deferred incurrence if it’s permissible.