“If you’re too old to cut the mustard …

sunnyone

cum grano salis
Silver Member
You can still lick the jar, right?”

So sayeth the luminous Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio as she twits Paul Newman in “The Color of Money”. (My mom and I caught it last night on Amazon Prime.)

Mi madre reminded me that this was the second Newman film with that same disparaging observation. In “Sweet Bird of Youth”, Miss Lucy (Madeleine Sherwood) wrote in lipstick on the mirror in the ladies' room: 'Boss Finley is too old to cut the mustard’.

In any case, despite having almost nothing in common with the Walter Tevis novel, “Color” still holds up. It was worth a revisit for me.

Sunny

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can still lick the jar, right?”

So sayeth the luminous Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio as she twits Paul Newman in “The Color of Money”. (My mom and I caught it last night on Amazon Prime.)

Mi madre reminded me that this was the second Newman film with that same disparaging observation. In “Sweet Bird of Youth”, Miss Lucy (Madeleine Sherwood) wrote in lipstick on the mirror in the ladies' room: 'Boss Finley is too old to cut the mustard’.

In any case, despite having almost nothing in common with the Walter Tevis novel, “Color” still holds up. It was worth a revisit for me.

Sunny

I was thinkin "you could still cut the cheese"- ? :grin:
licking a mustard jar sounds nasty tho
gonna have to revisit COM (book and flick)..it's been a minute

gogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was thinkin "you could still cut the cheese"- ? :grin:
licking a mustard jar sounds nasty tho
gonna have to revisit COM (book and flick)..it's been a minute

Euphemism, man, just a risqué euphemism.....

(Not quite that old yet, but gettin’there)

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Usually when a woman thinks a man is too old to cut the mustard, all she needed to do was ask his young secretary.
He may have just decided he preferred it from a squeeze bottle, instead of a 50 gallon drum.

Last edited:

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Usually when a woman thinks a man is too old to cut the mustard, all she needed to do was ask his young secretary.
He may have just decided he preferred it from a squeeze bottle, instead of a 50 gallon drum.

Ohhhh, that's nasty. But funny.