Never Again Having a Cue / Shaft / Case Shipped USPS

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I get numerous orders from Seyberts. Cues and shafts are normally shipped UPS or Fedex ground, and I always without fail get them in 2 days (not including Saturday/Sunday), Michigan to North Carolina. When I order small stuff which can be sent out in a mailer, I normally select USPS Priority to save significant shipping fees, and I normally still get them in 3-4 days (not including Sunday).

I ordered a break cue and a Revo shaft for a customer of mine through my Seyberts online account on Thursday, September 10. As he wasn't in a huge hurry for it, to save roughly $10 I chose USPS Priority delivery for the shipping method. Was that ever a huge mistake.

Checking the tracking information, the shipment was scanned in at the USPS Grand Rapids, Michigan distribution center the next day, Friday, September 11. It is now Tuesday, September 22, and there hasn't been any additional scanning update as to where the shipment might be or when it can be expected. The only updated notation was on Friday, September 18, indicating the shipment will arrive later than expected but is still on it's way in transit to the next facility, but no tracking to indicate where the shipment is.

I called my Seyberts account rep today and they said this is not unusual for USPS Priority shipments, and that I needed to wait at least another week before considering re-ordering the cue and/or reporting a claim to USPS. Fortunately my customer has been very understanding as to my situation, but this has put me in a very embarrassing situation, as I'd virtually assured them I'd have the cue no later than late last week.

Very frustrating and I've learned my lesson - I will never order or send out another cue or shaft via USPS again!

Last edited:

surffisher2a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I get numerous orders from Seyberts. Cues and shafts are normally shipped UPS or Fedex ground, and I always without fail get them in 2 days (not including Saturday/Sunday), Michigan to North Carolina. When I order small stuff which can be sent out in a mailer, I normally select USPS Priority to save significant shipping fees, and I normally still get them in 3-4 days (not including Sunday).

I ordered a break cue and a Revo shaft for a customer of mine through my Seyberts online account on Thursday, September 10. As he wasn't in a huge hurry for it, to save roughly $10 I chose USPS Priority delivery for the shipping method. Was that ever a huge mistake.

Checking the tracking information, the shipment was scanned in at the USPS Grand Rapids, Michigan distribution center the next day, Friday, September 11. It is now Tuesday, September 22, and there hasn't been any additional scanning update as to where the shipment might be or when it can be expected. The only updated notation was on Friday, September 18, indicating the shipment will arrive later than expected but is still on it's way in transit to the next facility, but no tracking to indicate where the shipment is.

I called my Seyberts account rep today and they said this is not unusual for USPS Priority shipments, and that I needed to wait at least another week before considering re-ordering the cue and/or reporting a claim to USPS. Fortunately my customer has been very understanding as to my situation, but this has put me in a very embarrassing situation, as I'd virtually assured them I'd have the cue no later than late last week.

Very frustrating and I've learned my lesson - I will never order or send out another cue or shaft via USPS again!

I have been having the same issue. Honestly no one service has been better than the any of them. USPS tracking ghosts you and randomly shows up two weeks late.

I have had multiple things shipped UPS2nd day air show up weeks later as well. The tracking keeps saying out for delivery then around 9:00pm it updates to shipment delayed then does the same thing each day until it actually shows up.

Fedex has been all over the place as well, but not as bad as UPS / USPS.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
The fact that you're expecting normal business during a pandemic is something to behold.

Pay for Express or be caught between crippled sorting centers and practice patience. Fedex and UPS have jacked up prices and they won't refund for delays anymore.

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The fact that you're expecting normal business during a pandemic is something to behold.

Pay for Express or be caught between crippled sorting centers and practice patience. Fedex and UPS have jacked up prices and they won't refund for delays anymore.

just seeing the title of this thread, this popped in my head
not just the pandemic, but the active efforts out there to undermine the usps
a lot of backpedaling now, but damage has unquestionably been done

personally, I don't mail cues hardly ever
but I've been mailing bits of other things
mostly smaller things
no problem so far (knock on my head)

I wouldn't excuse anybody for doing a shoddy job
and I understand that business is business
but in the case of usps, I have sympathy for them
sorry to hear they haven't delivered (pun sort of intended)
and I hope they're not worthy of personal condemnation
happy mailing/receiving~

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do Not Place Blame With Postal Employees.....It’s The Postmaster General.

Send a thank you note to Louis DeJoy who was appointed to run the Post Office this past June.
Immediately after enacting new changes, which have been discussed ad nauseam, mail was late.

In fact, the Inspector General has examined this and found his changes have caused delays, lost
packages and enormous backlogs that affected everyone, especially small business owners and
the Veteran’s Administration’s mail delivery of prescription drugs to Vets. The situation is just awful.

However, last week a Federal Judge Stanley Bastian ruled that the changes DeJoy implemented
were improper since the very nature of what was done required prior approval of the USPS Board
of Governors. As an aside, the Judge noted his actions promoted voter disenfranchisement.

DeJoy has zero experience with the US Postal system, did not conduct impact studies of the changes
prior to being implemented which is standard operating procedure at USPS, never reviewed these
changes with the Board of Governors for their approval as is required and service started deteriorating
in June after he enacted these changes. Furthermore, yesterday another Federal Judge in New York
ruled that DeJoy must treat all election ballot mail as first class mail. Because of the things that DeJoy
has done, USPS service is not only being undermined but is being subjected to actual sabotage by him.
Two different Federal Judges have ruled to reverse the changes. So yes, USPS is experiencing serious
problems and sadly, it’s due to political motives. Remember that USPS has a 91% approval rating.

Now you can complain about service before DeJoy took over but any problems people are having since
this past June when he was at the helm, that’s on the politics of this and it’s obvious where it comes from.
Louis DeJoy’s greatest single job qualification was he is a major donor and fundraiser for the President.
Postal employees deserve better than getting blamed for problems created by this inept Postmaster General.

Logandgriff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Screwed by USPS

I took a cue I sold on ebay to the post office. It had an ebay printed label. The clerk in the post office said "put it over on that pile of packages." I did. Package was never heard from again and the insurance wouldn't pay because there was no record of it getting checked in at the post office.

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
I just ordered a Diamond Ball Polisher and made sure to select UPS. The default selection was USPS and boy would that have been a potential nightmare.

I waited two months for a sump pump basin lid...it "sat" in MC for almost the entire time. Crazy what's going on with USPS because up until this Covid dilemma they were my go to for shipping.

So while your item is much more $$$ than my lid I feel your pain sir!

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Two months ago I waited 21 days for a USPS Priority shipment to travel 12 miles.

Post Office say today, and over 30 days ago, Priority is not 2 -3 days no more because they are busy. Express Mail is guaranteed, if they miss deadline, you get postage refund.

This has been discussed before.

Covid - 19 is reason.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Isn't shipping free with seyberts if you spend over $150 through ups? How was sending it USPS cheaper?

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Isn't shipping free with seyberts if you spend over $150 through ups? How was sending it USPS cheaper?
Seyberts free shipping policies do not pertain to dealers and wholesale accounts like myself. However, we do get preferred pricing.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had a FedEX shipment for my dayjob "out for delivery" for 1 week now. Called them up and got nowhere.

I even paid extra to use FedEX thinking they'd be better with Corona than USPS.

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member

I have never had a problem with the postal service.

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's silly to even think that this is due to the pandemic. The service slowed down when it got the worst but picked up right away. This all falls under the postmaster general who was appointed the job without having any prior experience.

I know plenty of people in the flipping business and this has effected them so much that they are losing money due to customers complaining they have not received their items. So what happens? the majority receive refunds even though their packages are still in transit.

It has been a complete mess, but hey, louis dejoy happens to own stocks in ups and fedex.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
It's silly to even think that this is due to the pandemic. The service slowed down when it got the worst but picked up right away. This all falls under the postmaster general who was appointed the job without having any prior experience.

I know plenty of people in the flipping business and this has effected them so much that they are losing money due to customers complaining they have not received their items. So what happens? the majority receive refunds even though their packages are still in transit.

It has been a complete mess, but hey, louis dejoy happens to own stocks in ups and fedex.

The pandemic was an overlying cause in many areas until May, when DeJoy decided to ruin the USPS for political motives and profits, yes

Fore Rail

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I purchased a cue on ebay August 3rd. Seller was nice enough to get it shipped out that day. Tracking goes from USPS in possession of item to departed post office that day as well.

Long story short, tracking was not updated until two weeks later when the package arrived at the regional destination facility.

Was delivered the next day.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Send a thank you note to Louis DeJoy who was appointed to run the Post Office this past June.
Immediately after enacting new changes, which have been discussed ad nauseam, mail was late.

In fact, the Inspector General has examined this and found his changes have caused delays, lost
packages and enormous backlogs that affected everyone, especially small business owners and
the Veteran’s Administration’s mail delivery of prescription drugs to Vets. The situation is just awful.

However, last week a Federal Judge Stanley Bastian ruled that the changes DeJoy implemented
were improper since the very nature of what was done required prior approval of the USPS Board
of Governors. As an aside, the Judge noted his actions promoted voter disenfranchisement.

DeJoy has zero experience with the US Postal system, did not conduct impact studies of the changes
prior to being implemented which is standard operating procedure at USPS, never reviewed these
changes with the Board of Governors for their approval as is required and service started deteriorating
in June after he enacted these changes. Furthermore, yesterday another Federal Judge in New York
ruled that DeJoy must treat all election ballot mail as first class mail. Because of the things that DeJoy
has done, USPS service is not only being undermined but is being subjected to actual sabotage by him.
Two different Federal Judges have ruled to reverse the changes. So yes, USPS is experiencing serious
problems and sadly, it’s due to political motives. Remember that USPS has a 91% approval rating.

Now you can complain about service before DeJoy took over but any problems people are having since
this past June when he was at the helm, that’s on the politics of this and it’s obvious where it comes from.
Louis DeJoy’s greatest single job qualification was he is a major donor and fundraiser for the President.
Postal employees deserve better than getting blamed for problems created by this inept Postmaster General.

I will second this. I have used USPS Priority Mail as my service of choice for years now and rarely, if ever, had a problem until this clown took over. In the last few months my experience with sending Priority Mail that used to take 2-3 days, is to expect it to take one week to ten days, and it may get lost entirely! One package I sent out got hung up in Ontario, CA, never to be heard from again. To this day the tracking stops there. I sent two replacement books (which made it through) and made a claim for $50 and have gotten one response from the post office advising me to wait another month to expedite my claim.

Fore Rail

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I purchased a cue on ebay August 3rd. Seller was nice enough to get it shipped out that day. Tracking goes from USPS in possession of item to departed post office that day as well.

Long story short, tracking was not updated until two weeks later when the package arrived at the regional destination facility.

On the other hand, Mike Gulyassy sent me a break shaft vis USPS Priority Mail that made the 1500 mile journey in 3 days.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Update - Shipment finally scanned in Greensboro, NC USPS distribution center as having arrived and sent out to destination late last night, 11 days since leaving the Michigan USPS distribution center. Hopeful it will arrive this week!