please help!! i need help posting pics of a Gus

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I completely suck at posting pics, i'm not capable of it. I get pissed off and start breaking keyboards and monitors when i fiddle around with computers:p,

so someone please answer this post with a email addy i can email pics of a GREAT Gus I fell into, its a very special cue, not a boring cue. I dont post many cues, but this one is about 40 years old and something to see.

thanks

eric:smile:

HighEndCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eric,
Just send it to me.. I'll take pictures, and send you something else back you'll like)
Best,
Ken

fourkingscues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
send me pics i take care of it for you,,Eric the place to be,,try to make it
Hello Azer's,,
I will be holding a Cue Show and Pro-am 9-ball tournament on June 8th ,9th and 10th,At Warrington Billiards Club in Warington PA,,,I am working one a flyer and AZbillards ad to go out by end of Nov,,Attending cues makes so far are

BARRY SZAMBOTI
JOHN SHOWMAN
DENNIS SEARING
BILL SCHICK
JOEL HERCEK
BOB MANZINO
TONY ZINZOLA
KENNY KOO
BLACKBOAR - Tony S. and Donny
Esoteric Cue - Rick Geschrey
Hills cues-- Darrin Hill
Todd Schaller--Schaller custom cues
Steve Dunkel--custom cues
Jim Conway - Sea Cues
John Bender
AV's Cue shop
BHQ and Jon Spitz
Chris Bynre Cues
PFD Studios
Tim Prince and John Davis
Bobby Hunter
Mike Lambros

more to come,,

Dealers-Collectors
Don Sureman
Bill Grassly from Cornstone Cues
Rik Graham(Collector)
Ron A.
Vince P.
Dennis B.
Troy,
Franko
Big Chris
John C
Jim Conway - Sea Cues & Collectables and Branko Stepanovich - Steppo Cases

Dealer or collectors tables will be 200.00 for the weekend ,,

Pro-am 75.00 for pro's ,,,First price will be 2500.00 guaranteed
and 50.00 for amateur

Also on Thursday and Friday will try to put together a golf outing ,,at Five ponds Golf course.
Golfers so far
D,Searing
Bill Schick,
Joel Hercek
Dave P.

I will be at the Windy City Cue show on Nov the 5th in Chicago at the head table thanks to Chris J,,stop by and see me ,,for flyer and sign up !!!!,,

any question feel free to call (267) 257-8323 or email(kc7665@aol.com) if you have interest,,or to sign up for tournament or if you want a dealer or collectors tables ,,limited space(25 -30 Tables,)5.00 fee at door cover per day,,

This will be my first time doing this any help would be welcome,,

I will be posting a full add with pics and more info soon,,,,Feel free to contact me ,,if you have interested in being on the flyer or attending,,

BR
Ken Carfagno

Warrington Billiards Club
382 Easton Rd
Warrington Pa 18976
(fly into Phila)

Attachments

• steel-1.jpg
    steel-1.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 1,140
Last edited:

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With all the folks offering to assist with posting the pics...what happened to the pics?

JAMSGOLF

Golf & Pool-I'm addicted!
Silver Member
With all the folks offering to assist with posting the pics...what happened to the pics?

After hovering my cursor in the gallery section and seeing mention of the "broken keyboard", I was excited to open the thread and see some pics worthy of such computer abuse...only to be disappointed! :frown:

Maybe everyone was too late...maybe Fatboy DID break his computer and can't reply!!! :p

Guerra Cues

I build one cue at a time
Silver Member
Gus Szamboti

Eric has having some issues with his internet.

This cue is a early 70's Gus with 4 shafts. 2 new ones from Tasc and 2 old ones. One I believe is a Gus the other old one I'm not sure(more on that later)

It's a double black veneer cue which is a very desirable 4pt Gus, he built them from the early to mid 70's, I'm not exactly sure when he slowed down making the double black outer veneer.

It has 20 MOP inlays with the correct notched diamond for that period of cues. Also the round inlays getting smaller kinda gives is a Palmer/Bushka look as well. The four maple Windows between the rows of inlays are great. The edges of the windows are all perfect. So all in all it's among one of my all time Gus butt sleeves from that era, the Bushka and Palmer influences are very nice, however it's 100% Gus.

The wrap looks to be old, the cue was refinished at some point. I don't know when. The wrap might be original, if it's not it's still 15 years old. This is about a 40 year old cue. Kinda hard to believe when you see it. No buzzes or rattles. Sounds nice and firm.

Perhaps the rarest thing about this cue is back then Gus didn't use much curly maple. For that matter not much ever. This cue has the most ornate piece of maple I ever saw on a 70's Gus. It's not a knock off cue. I was skeptical about that because of the maple. Pete Tasc signed a LOA and Barry seen the pics and said it checks out. To a lesser extent I do know lots about Gus's and IMO it checked out as the real deal too. It's very old & just feels like a Gus and I have learned how to check some other ways to authenticate a Gus.

At first I thought it needed a inlay in the points but after looking at it everyday for a week I changed my mind and I like it as it is.

I know this might sound like a sales pitch, it ain't there is zero chance I'm selling this cue. U don't post cue pice often but this cue is so strong IMO I had to share it with everyone.

It's in the all time top 5 of 4pt Gus's, not in my collection but of ALL 4pt Gus's. Thats my thoughts after looking at this cue for a week and thinking long and hard about all the 4 pt cues Gus built: the inlay pattern, leather wrap, double black veneer, and extremely rare maple (for that time period) are why I rank this cue so high. If it was straight maple then it would be a top 20 cue. But man show me a piece of wood like that on a 40 year old cue. They are there but super rare.

I'll talk about shafts later. I just typed this in a phone & my thumbs are about to fall off

Best
Eric

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo7.jpg

photo8.jpg

photo9.jpg

Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks to everyone for all the replys,

i have had almost no internet this past week.

i hope this can get posted, i have lots more to say about this cue, i will alter on., iPhone pics are the best i could do, sorry.

i'm really pumped up on this cue, i dont post pics often, but had to share this one.

i'll be back home in 2 days and log on then, until then enjoy!!!

best
eric

i'd like to see more 4pt Gus's in this thread that are not just 4 point 4 veneer. fancy 4pt. i think the age of this cue makes it attrictve too. I havent been this pumped up about a Gus since I got my 8pt. Gus 5 years ago

JAMSGOLF

Golf & Pool-I'm addicted!
Silver Member
Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle...you were absolutely correct...this is one PHENOMENAL looking cue!!! The veneer work is spectacular...the overall elegance is breath-taking! Thank you very much for putting pics of this one up!!! Holy Smokes!

Jason

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
Ouchee whaa whaa!

Now that is too cool man!!!

Vintage Superlative Americana!!!!

Whatever you do, do not have it refinished or touched up in any way. It is perfect that way it is.

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eric has having some issues with his internet.

This cue is a early 70's Gus with 4 shafts. 2 new ones from Tasc and 2 old ones. One I believe is a Gus the other old one I'm not sure(more on that later)

It's a double black veneer cue which is a very desirable 4pt Gus, he built them from the early to mid 70's, I'm not exactly sure when he slowed down making the double black outer veneer.

It has 20 MOP inlays with the correct notched diamond for that period of cues. Also the round inlays getting smaller kinda gives is a Palmer/Bushka look as well. The four maple Windows between the rows of inlays are great. The edges of the windows are all perfect. So all in all it's among one of my all time Gus butt sleeves from that era, the Bushka and Palmer influences are very nice, however it's 100% Gus.

The wrap looks to be old, the cue was refinished at some point. I don't know when. The wrap might be original, if it's not it's still 15 years old. This is about a 40 year old cue. Kinda hard to believe when you see it. No buzzes or rattles. Sounds nice and firm.

Perhaps the rarest thing about this cue is back then Gus didn't use much curly maple. For that matter not much ever. This cue has the most ornate piece of maple I ever saw on a 70's Gus. It's not a knock off cue. I was skeptical about that because of the maple. Pete Tasc signed a LOA and Barry seen the pics and said it checks out. To a lesser extent I do know lots about Gus's and IMO it checked out as the real deal too. It's very old & just feels like a Gus and I have learned how to check some other ways to authenticate a Gus.

At first I thought it needed a inlay in the points but after looking at it everyday for a week I changed my mind and I like it as it is.

I know this might sound like a sales pitch, it ain't there is zero chance I'm selling this cue. U don't post cue pice often but this cue is so strong IMO I had to share it with everyone.

It's in the all time top 5 of 4pt Gus's, not in my collection but of ALL 4pt Gus's. Thats my thoughts after looking at this cue for a week and thinking long and hard about all the 4 pt cues Gus built: the inlay pattern, leather wrap, double black veneer, and extremely rare maple (for that time period) are why I rank this cue so high. If it was straight maple then it would be a top 20 cue. But man show me a piece of wood like that on a 40 year old cue. They are there but super rare.

I'll talk about shafts later. I just typed this in a phone & my thumbs are about to fall off

Best
Eric

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo7.jpg

photo8.jpg

photo9.jpg

Beautiful cue for sure....very nice. I've got two Gus double black veneer cues; one has the original linen wrap and the other the original leather.
No inlays in the butt sleeve though.

Soldtonight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Amazing Gus

Eric, I agree. What you have there is an amazing example of GS work and why he was so far ahead of his peers. Truly and amazing cue and one you can be very proud of owning.
Thanks for sharing,
Dan Z

CMD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd play the ever living $hit out of this cue.

One of my absolute favorite veneer combo's.

Thanks for sharing,
Chris