last pocket 8ball sucks

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i swore off playing that game in 88 or 89 after going flat in modesto one night, i have not ever played it again until last night, same shit different decade, millennium for that matter, stone cold flat, dont have a dollar-well euro until i go to the bank, its 550am just got in.

Let it be said for the last time in my life, i swear i will never play another rack of that gaff game again. I know the old saying-dont play another mans game. I'm sick right now brutal

ol' fatboy got stuffed tonight,

Bigball coin op 8' table, another thing i swore off of,

i tilted out stone cold flat.

right now if someone quit me stuck,-lock me up,id do something real bad. wow i can't stand it.

Attn: haters, have at it boys.....

i gotto go puke

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2000 eruo im hungery and cant buy a candy bar, i was going to steal something, but that's never been my thing, i never stole from a store in my life. of course i said i'd never play another man's game, big ball, last pocket.. boy did i swallow the pill, i mite go blow the pope next wtf there hu quote me on that, im just breaking all my rules today.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Ditto. I've never liked last pocket eight ball --- think I last played it in about 1995.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
That's what we use to play all the time in downtown Frankfurt, GR at the billiards cafe, thousand, two thousand marks a game back in 81'-83'

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
Hang in there Eric, you'll make that back in spades, you're a winner, and even winners slip every now and then...it keeps them in line.

Hit the sack, things will look better tomorrow.

Jimmy

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
im off to bed, hungry lol, well not lol, but what else can be said?

i'll probably tell the story tomaro, were playing again monday on a gold crown regular 8ball. so there is a chance, they were cool about it,

It was a Serbian game with Serbian rules, the rules beat us, not the pool. and the while the equipment is the same for both sides-they are used to the big ball. i'll explane later, i got to sleep some

thx guys,

Eric:smile:

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
Ohhhh my Buddy

Dude....:sorry:
that was the Money from Palace Garden:shakehead::bash::slap:
I'm in Munich at Wednesday (Cem's Shop) come and visit me before you leave:thumbup:
Ralf

Push&Pool

Professional Banger
Silver Member
Serbian rules? I'm not from Serbia, but it's actually in my region, last pocket and some other variants are very common here. If you play our games by our rules and lower your guard, it can't end well for you...

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
That's brutal. I used to bet high on this game when I lived in Germany. Highest I played was $250 a game.

I remember when Jimmy Reid first got there they tried to trap him with that game betting high and he ran out the first three games banking the eight and that was the last time anyone tried to challenge him at last pocket 8 ball.

In the spots there though, the spielautomaten joints, they will play all kinds of strange rules though that can be very gaffy.

Hate to see you book a loser on this one. If you're going to be near Stuttgart let me know and my buddy Andi will book some winners for you.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Golden rule - Don't play another man's game!

I got trapped about a dozen times in the Philippines, before I caught on to their brand of Rotation. It only cost me a few thousand pesos to learn the game (a couple hundred bucks). Now it takes a good player to beat me at that game. Banks is another story, I've beaten some guys who could spot me the 7, 8 and 9. :cool:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the game was on a 8' coin op table, big CB, there was 3 14 balls LOL and 2 9 balls, there was the correct number of stripes and solids just the numbers were messed up, and tehy werre from different sets, so they weighed different so the big CB would just roll thru some some balls and not teh others, there was no way to know where the CB was going.

it wasnt pool, it was their game, when you scratched the CB goes on the spot, if you make a solid and strip you lose the inning, so cant open break, the correct break was to glance off the head ball and scratch. another fantastic rule was when you scratched the CB was spotted and you couldnt hit any ball that was below the center of the table, so you had to kick at everything. and If you hook a guy were he cant see the edge of the ball its push out-so no hooks. no rail aint a foul, keep all that straight and play on a table that rolls off every direction possible and see how ya do? there are more rules, i just cant recall them now,

Me and another guy played it, I played better than the guy who won, the guy with me plays a hair below Mad Max i'd guess, he couldnt win that game last night. he robbs me period on regular equipment-i got ZERO chance ever in life to play his speed( we played 5 hours tonight). he couldnt out run that game-it as their game period, SVB might not win, no knock its that brutal. I think maybe Bobby Cotton, Matlock and Danny Medina(RIP) could win cause they could play big ball CB. Cotton plays good 1P and runs the balls good, he of everyone i know in pool would have the best chance in that game, forget JA, Hatch, SVB, those skills aint required to fade that action. no knock but only the old big ball guys have a chance and still mite not get there.

then we find out the whole story today, about who we played. Wow, lets say i got nothing to say right now. it could have been worse if we won.

never again will i play last pocket 8 ball, not a single rack ever.

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
the game was on a 8' coin op table, big CB, there was 3 14 balls LOL and 2 9 balls, there was the correct number of stripes and solids just the numbers were messed up, and tehy werre from different sets, so they weighed different so the big CB would just roll thru some some balls and not teh others, there was no way to know where the CB was going.

it wasnt pool, it was their game, when you scratched the CB goes on the spot, if you make a solid and strip you lose the inning, so cant open break, the correct break was to glance off the head ball and scratch. Me and another guy played it, I played better than the guy who won, the guy with me plays a hair below Mad Max i'd guess, he robbs me period on regular equipment we played 5 hours tonight, he couldnt beat these guys at that game.

then we find out the whole story today, about who we played. Wow, lets say i got nothing to say right now. it could have been worse if we won.

never again will i play last pocket 8 ball, not a single rack ever.

Some of those spots where they play last pocket 8 ball in Germany are populated with a lot of gangster money. You have to know your way around for sure and even then it's not always safe.

When you're in one of those places with the gaff rules, funky balls and weird tables AND you're up against the gangster money it's tough action. Real tough.

But you can (or I should say could when I was there) find spot where the people are normal and just love to gamble and the equipment is good and the rules are sane.

I personally find last pocket 8 ball to be a great game when played under the good conditions but really frustrating under the wrong ones. I finally settled on the strategy of asking them to teach me the rules. Seems they were always willing to show me all the rules and then gamble and this made it a but friendlier. That said I did end up in one fight over rules in one of the spots which ended with no one actually hitting anyone else thankfully.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some of those spots where they play last pocket 8 ball in Germany are populated with a lot of gangster money. You have to know your way around for sure and even then it's not always safe.

When you're in one of those places with the gaff rules, funky balls and weird tables AND you're up against the gangster money it's tough action. Real tough.

But you can (or I should say could when I was there) find spot where the people are normal and just love to gamble and the equipment is good and the rules are sane.

I personally find last pocket 8 ball to be a great game when played under the good conditions but really frustrating under the wrong ones. I finally settled on the strategy of asking them to teach me the rules. Seems they were always willing to show me all the rules and then gamble and this made it a but friendlier. That said I did end up in one fight over rules in one of the spots which ended with no one actually hitting anyone else thankfully.

i have spots here that are normal safe spots too. just no action. so i went to the hood. it was fun for sure. losing sucks, i knew it was tough action. i been around lots of joints like that for years. not my first or last rodeo on the WRONG side of the tracks.

gentleman789

Straight Pool Player
Silver Member
Oh my god that game was brutal...(I'm the guy who was there with Eric)

The rules and the Equipment just beat us big time...some of the rules that weren't mentioned are: no ball in hand at all, no need to hit rail after contact, if you hooked there is no foul so you are able to play anywhere you want an move balls...

That was whats the ****ing Game is all about...moving the Balls the right way...its like playing Chess...a little bit like One Pocket...and its pretty Hard to do with the Super tough equipment...One time I Said to Eric man I'm playing on that table with that huge ****ing Bowling Ball Cueball for 4 hours now and I just couldn't figure out how it Works Even though I am pretty Good in Adapting on Equipment...

The guy was playing that Game on that Equipment like for ever and if I wouldn't have done some Super Crazy Shots and runouts he would have just robbed us...I could barely win one of the tactical Games...worst Thing is that if solid and stripe goes on break you lose the Inning otherwise I would have just broke and runout every Game...but no Chance doing that...anyway I had to give him 5 in Race to 10 which was probably too much...

Don't Play another man's game...I'll remember that for sure...cost us a bunch of Money...(Sorry again for losing your Cash too Eric)

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like Pedistal Pool , where the 8 ball goes up on a pc. of chalk after the break . Don't knock it off . Also the 1 and 15 go in the side pockets , oppisit each other . jim

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
Only played the game once, happened to be with a Serbian, a friend, no gambling and here in the US. Don't recall the specific rules, but normally I'd be able to win giving him a ball or two in 9 ball, and probably 100 to 150 in straight pool....the guy literally killed me, didn't win a game. Wouldn't gamble a nickle ( a real nickle) on that game...with anyone, probably never play it again.

I feel for ya buddy, they caught you sleeping that's all.

J

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Man, Eric, when you get to Chicago, I was gonna break, and let you take all your balls off the table, and then I got the next shot.... damn, I guess that is off the table now :grin-square: