LIVE STREAM - Open Tournament at Eight Ball Billiards

POVPOOL

POV Pool
Silver Member
Billiard and 3-Cushion Fans can thank USBA President, Jim Shovack and also Ricky Carranco for making this happen...

POV Pool will be live streaming the FINAL DAY of this 3-Day Event, which is currently in progress! The live stream should begin around 10:00 AM / PST and will be viewable at the following links:

POV Pool's Website
http://www.povpool.com

On Ustream / with chatroom function
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/povpool

In addition, I would also like to invite the programmers of any other web-sites to embed this live stream on their pages for further promotion and availability.

Please use this 'embed' code:
<iframe width="480" height="302" src="http://www.ustream.tv/embed/3366296?v=3&wmode=direct" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border: 0px none transparent;"> </iframe>
<br /><a href="http://www.ustream.tv" style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 20px; font-weight: normal; text-align: left;" target="_blank">Broadcast live streaming video on Ustream</a>

THIS IS A TOTALLY, LAST MINUTE ARRANGEMENT!
Apologies to the 3C community for the short notice!
Here are the details from the USBA Site:

-------------------
USBA TOUR Open Tournament at Eight Ball Billiards in Los Angeles, CA
November 7-9, 2014 (Friday-Sunday)
Player’s Meeting on Friday morning at 9:30am

Estimated Prize Fund = $18,200
(Based on 40 players which include 20 “A” players and 20 “B or C” players
+ estimated auction and lottery proceeds and $6,750 added money)

Entry Fees:
“A” Players (.800 average and above): $310 for USBA Members and $335 for non-members.
All Other Players (below .800 average): $210 for USBA Members and $235 for non-members.
Player Levels are determined by the USBA and the Tournament Director.

Estimated Prize Payout:
1) $4000 7) $1200
2) $3000 8) $1000
3) $2000 9) $800
4) $1800 10) $600
5) $1600 11) $400
6) $1400 12) $200

Best Game Finals = $100 High Run Finals = $100

Format Based on 40 Players:
5 groups of 8 players each (round robin) to 25 points.
Top 2 finishers from each group advance to finals + 1 auction winner and 1 lottery winner = 12 players
Finals = 2 groups of 6 players each (round robin) to 30 points.
Final Matches = Top 2 finishers of each group play 4-player Single Elimination to 35 points.
3rd place finisher of 1st finals group plays 3rd place finisher of 2nd finals group for 5th and 6th place.
4th place finisher of 1st finals group plays 4th place finisher of 2nd finals group for 7th & 8th place. Etc,

*Format and prize payouts are subject to change based on the actual number of players and the actual amount collected in entry fees and auction and lottery proceeds.

Contact Ricardo Carranco at 323-490-8075

Eight Ball Billiards
5250 Atlantic Avenue
Maywood, CA 90270
Room # 323-562-9092

Equipment:

Fourteen Verhoeven 5'X10' heated tables

Twenty-one Brunswick Gold Crown pool tables

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-08 at 8.39.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-08 at 8.39.52 AM.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 448

zensteve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Daniel is an excellent streamer. I would be proud to have him do any USBA tournament anywhere. A consummate professional!

POVPOOL

POV Pool
Silver Member
Thanks Steve, for such kind words.

Please see todays 2 final flights and enjoy the event. I'm hoping to enlist the help of a few 'star' commentators today and we shall be providing the best possible coverage, using 3 cameras.

Please enjoy the show, which should start at 10am / PST.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-09 at 6.42.27 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-11-09 at 6.42.27 AM.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 428

POVPOOL

POV Pool
Silver Member
At this point, I'm not sure we will be up and running until 11:00am / PST.

Still waiting for the venue to open at the arranged time.

sightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ricardo played suprisingly well. He bested Pedro 30 to 17, and held a closed against Luis Avila until the end.

zensteve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually....it doesn't surprise me. Ricardo is a good player. Under-estimated by a lot of players. Like to see him break out and win a big event! :smile:

POVPOOL

POV Pool
Silver Member
I'm a big Ricky Carranco fan now! It's really nice to see him play great players and hold up to them. I agree that he is underestimated, but I have seen an improvement as of late... Although he mentioned to me that during the Million Dollar Billiards event last summer, he played horribly because he was so busy running the tournament.

Trust me, I know what it's like to have your hands full, which is why I rarely compete when I'm streaming anymore...

I should have the matches uploaded to YouTube very soon. Please subscribe to my channel for automatic updates...

:smile:

POVPOOL

POV Pool
Silver Member
NEW USBA Matches on YouTube

From the recent event at:

The USBA Open Event at The 8 Ball Billiard Club in Maywood, CA.

Thanks to Jim Shovack, Ricky Carranco, Gilbert Najm, Jose and Dora - Owners of The 8 Ball, Carlos Elias, Hector Rosas, Tiger Billiard Products, Gabriels Tables, Simonis Cloth, Paul Frankel, Zen Steve and to all of You!

Please subscribe to POV Pool on YouTube!

Matches are all here: Maywood 3 Cushion Event!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-14 at 12.30.48 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-11-14 at 12.30.48 AM.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 247