Newbies can say what they want

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou,

I like your party analogy, but at real parties, I don't think it's very often that any of the regular attendees take it upon themselves to put "that guy" in his place. In other words, you rarely have "party police" at real parties. Here, it's different.

Roger

Well, of course the analogy only goes so far, Roger. At a real party most of us would be pretty toasted, so maybe we either wouldn't care about the louts or we'd just take their asses outside for a good whompin'.

Lou Figueroa

Well, of course the analogy only goes so far, Roger. At a real party most of us would be pretty toasted, so maybe we either wouldn't care about the louts or we'd just take their asses outside for a good whompin'.

Lou Figueroa

And what if the party is old, tired and winding down? What if everyone has congregated in the kitchen, leaving the stale ashtrays and flat beer to the dullards in the living room? Shouldn't the late-comers do something to liven the place up a bit?

Banks

Banned
And what if the party is old, tired and winding down? What if everyone has congregated in the kitchen, leaving the stale ashtrays and flat beer to the dullards in the living room? Shouldn't the late-comers do something to liven the place up a bit?

With one post, you're about as new as they come. Get to work! :D

supergreenman

truly addicted
Silver Member

Ok.....

You may proceed to entertain us.

We're waiting

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am one of the newbies you guys are posting about. I disagree to an extent with bmsclayton and this is why.

I have been lurking on this forum for a few years and think I have a feel for quite a few of the members. This is not to say that all newbies are like this, I'm sure some sign up and right away start bashing people and ideas.

The reason I haven't contributed much is simply due to experience and knowledge. I have been doing searches to further my own knowledge, but the majority of you for surpass me. My experience is limited and not getting much better. I have too many things going on right now to gain that experience, so I live vicariously through you guys. Thanks for letting me do that. :)

Anyway, thanks for letting me put my $.02 in.

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for contributing your thoughts.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member

Yes, prevent people from leaving, and instead sell tickets to the whompin' that's going on outside. ;)

-Sean <-- Here's a fiver, I'll take one!

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
5 pages and still on point!

This may be a record for this week anyway.

It started to get a little off track, but came back nicely. And had a few new members come off the sidelines and throw in some feedback. I've seen very little trolls and honest, constructive thoughts on the subject.

Success!!

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
actually that is another issue on here. People judge others on how well they may play pool :D If you can't run two racks therefore you're not worthy of my time because I can run four or you play 8 ball so you are not worthy also lol

The other issues I see are...

APA vs the world
League players vs non league players
Tourney players vs gamblers
gamblers vs non gamblers
and...........
Aiming systems vs no aiming systems!!!:eek:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
So, when you win a tournament in Wisconsin, do they say "Congratulations, you won the cheese!" and hand you a 20-lb brick of cheddar?

That would be a pretty decent prize. As long as it comes with a box of crackers and a cheese knife.

Last edited:

pooler

Europe - TD, TL & Ref
Silver Member
This may be a record for this week anyway.

It started to get a little off track, but came back nicely. And had a few new members come off the sidelines and throw in some feedback. I've seen very little trolls and honest, constructive thoughts on the subject.

Success!!

Might be that we, relatively new and brand new members, have not enough experience in derailing threads :D :grin-square: :confused:

UGOTDA7

Ban pending.....
Silver Member
What a way to start my day. :(

I may be on a downward slide for you, but you aren't exactly on my bucket list of people I need to satisfy.

I come to this forum to discuss pool. If people take potshots at me, kind of like what you're doing now, I reply. I have contributed a great deal of pool content to this forum in the past 10 years, as well as contributed funds to pool-worthy causes in an effort to promote pool.

The climate on AzBilliards has changed. It isn't just me, though. It has changed for a lot of folks who have ceased posting. Believe it or not, I used to be one of the good guys, but today not so much, thanks to the recent campaign to post about "JAM" at every turn, at every post I make, all because I stated my disdain for an avatar of a scantily clad woman. For some, this recent Bash JAM Campaign is a game, a pastime during the day. As many posts as I've made, they have made just as many, if not more in my absence. If I don't post, I'm told I must be at a doctor's appointment. If I do post, every word is dissected and twisted to mean something else. If I defend the accusations made against me, if I dare to reply, kind of like I am now with this post, it is said that I am trying to play the "victim." If all else fails, then they go after Keith with mean-spirited comments.

Because I call somebody out for a first post condeming InsidePOOL's commentator, it is an opportunity to condemn me. In my 10 years of being a member here, I have never experienced hate as much as recently, but this time I am on the receiving end. Everything else I have tried to do in the past 10 years to effect a change for the better is forgotten. Of course, most of you weren't even members then, I guess.

AzBilliards used to make me feel good. I enjoyed it, but not so much anymore. And when something doesn't make me feel good anymore, well, it's time to move on. Life is just too short to subject one's self to hurt and/or anger. I have tears going down my face now as I write this, but that's what happens when you get old. You cry at the drop of a hat sometimes. :embarrassed2:

I have a new job that will prevent me from reading AzBilliards as much, so maybe that's a good thing for me and for you. Some of you have chased me down and pummeled me with your posts to let me know exactly what you think of me. In essence, you have literally stabbed my heart. I might be wounded today, but I will survive. :)

Of course, newbies should be encouraged to post. I never said they shouldn't, but I did point out that a brand-new poster joined yesterday for the sole purpose to bash InsidePOOL's commentary of a match. If it was a new member posting about any other pool-related topic under the sun, I would never have pointed it out. The fact that they join to only bash this match to me seemed suspect, and I stated it as such.

I only wish I had known beforehand about this recent turn of events before I paid for my gold membership. :grin-square:

Don't let people get you down......you know how this place can be. I strongly suspect I speak for a lot of folks when I say I enjoy your posts and that you're a valued member here. The experiences and first hand insights you share along with the many great pictures are priceless......and are more than what 99% of this forum contributes. So keep doing what you've been doing.....many of us truly appreciate it.

Reactions: JAM

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
Like Ive said a hundred time before they should do anyway with post counts on forums. More of a reason for senior members to push weight or bully others. Oh and the whole celebrating post counts gets on my T+TS more then anything else. "WOW!!! You have 5000 post!!! Congrats on spending your entire life on here..." :rolleyes:

Listen to me.... Complaining about others :lol::lol::lol:

John Novak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like Ive said a hundred time before they should do anyway with post counts on forums. More of a reason for senior members to push weight or bully others. Oh and the whole celebrating post counts gets on my T+TS more then anything else. "WOW!!! You have 5000 post!!! Congrats on spending your entire life on here..." :rolleyes:

Listen to me.... Complaining about others :lol::lol::lol:

Well said....Quantity of posts dont reflect Quality

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Absolutely correct. I was totally amazed when this subject just came up and I looked at my count. I'm nearing 10K in 5 years.
Honestly, up to this point, I rarely look over to the left.

It actually scared me to think I'm creeping up on Coco Cowboy.

Wish they had a reset button available.

2000 posts per year
5.479 posts per day
Approx ,22 posts per hour

Me scared now. Funny that I find time to be in the shop.

Glad my wife is an addiction counselor.

If I wasn't heading out to the hall, I'd try and hit the 10 K tonight.

Anyone want to hear a few jokes, I have about 17 good ones.
Apparently I really like AZ, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Last edited:

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I think your math is off if you came up with 22 posts per hour. That'd be nuts.
Your last post was 9991... Make 10k something special.

Looks like I'm at 3 posts a day or so and that's with some long breaks.
Prolly should play more and post less.

hitman22

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sad for the new people but thats the way it is,but should not be,it makes me want to take a crap,times change but seems some people wont and cant,cause they got their head to far in their rear end old or new.
Hitman
P.S nothing wrong with Shooting long as the right people get shot!!!!!

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
post junkie

Absolutely correct. I was totally amazed when this subject just came up and I looked at my count. I'm nearing 10K in 5 years.
Honestly, up to this point, I rarely look over to the left.

It actually scared me to think I'm creeping up on Coco Cowboy.

Wish they had a reset button available.

2000 posts per year
5.479 posts per day
Approx ,22 posts per hour

Me scared now. Funny that I find time to be in the shop.

Glad my wife is an addiction counselor.

If I wasn't heading out to the hall, I'd try and hit the 10 K tonight.

Terry !

Your hooked , addicted . the az monkey is on your back man , you need help, big time.
I know this doctor Miss Nipple twister up service, she can fix you up.
Look into my :thumbup:

Ps there really was a company that was called Mr nipple twister up service , out of sin city wyo back in 1980
MMike

The other issues I see are...

APA vs the world
League players vs non league players
Tourney players vs gamblers
gamblers vs non gamblers
and...........
Aiming systems vs no aiming systems!!!:eek:

Jam or JB versus the world...
Basically you are saying its a cluster#$&^
Lots of drama here... somehow I expect to continue even when the last pool hall closes it's door

Last edited: