Corey Duel's famous shot on snooker table!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
He is using a Z shaft on slow cloth and in the comments someone said he didn't use the standard cue ball.

Going from memory I think - could be wrong - Deuel also used a Z shaft at one time although I'm not sure what he was using when he made the shot in question.

It is an entertaining video but I'd put Corey's shot a level above that because he did it under tournament conditions.

And made it....on his first and only attempt....THAT'S impressive!

BJTyler

AzB Member
Silver Member
And made it....on his first and only attempt....THAT'S impressive!

...and how do we know that was his first and only attempt? perhaps we just don't recall or care about all those times that he missed a similar shot.

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
...and how do we know that was his first and only attempt? perhaps we just don't recall or care about all those times that he missed a similar shot.

Really....really going to show that intelligence aren't you...LOL because Cory made that shot in one of his matches playing in a tournament....you really think he got to shoot over and over until he MADE IT?

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
He is using a Z shaft on slow cloth and in the comments someone said he didn't use the standard cue ball.

If someone says it in the comments it has to be true
Lots of people say lots of things about Jesse's stroke shots because they seem (nearly) impossible.

Truth is, Jesse isn't hard to find and will gladly show you some of these shots in person and let you try them yourself on his table.

Does he make damn sure the balls are polished and the cloth vacuumed? Sure he does, but that's the extent of his "tricks".

No light cueball, cgi, million tries, whatever else people are suggesting.
Just a monster, MONSTER stroke.

Regards, Dave

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
Really....really going to show that intelligence aren't you...LOL because Cory made that shot in one of his matches playing in a tournament....you really think he got to shoot over and over until he MADE IT?

No shit sherlock, that's not what he said. Go back through Cory's life and watch every match he's ever played and then let me know how many times he has missed a similar shot, cuz because he hasn't made them all. Hell, he probably hasn't made 50% of them. Maybe you understand that :rolleyes:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
No shit sherlock, that's not what he said. Go back through Cory's life and watch every match he's ever played and then let me know how many times he has missed a similar shot, cuz because he hasn't made them all. Hell, he probably hasn't made 50% of them. Maybe you understand that :rolleyes:

Wow...aren't you the smart one, yes....every shot ever made by anyone has also been missed a million times before....that's why no one picks up a cue for the first time and goes out and starts winning tournaments. It's called practice makes perfect....1,000s of hours of practice. The difference between making that stroke shot in a tournament and making it on video is if you miss the shot in the game....your turn is over, and maybe the game for that matter....vs making it on video....miss it there....rewind and repeat....until you get the desired effect....wow....so cool:rolleyes:

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
Wow...aren't you the smart one, yes....every shot ever made by anyone has also been missed a million times before....that's why no one picks up a cue for the first time and goes out and starts winning tournaments. It's called practice makes perfect....1,000s of hours of practice. The difference between making that stroke shot in a tournament and making it on video is if you miss the shot in the game....your turn is over, and maybe the game for that matter....vs making it on video....miss it there....rewind and repeat....until you get the desired effect....wow....so cool:rolleyes:

You should try rewinding and repeating your posts

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
Ohh, now it has to be in a tournament. Probably has to be the finals of the world
championship playing against Ronnie and beating him right-handed, correct?

How about I show you a video of you showing your ass.
It's playing right now above your bathroom sink, go check it out.

To be fair, in professional and amateur snooker "147"s are counted when achieved in a tournament. They don't count practice sessions on whatever table it happens on, video recorded or not. Corey Duel has tried and failed to qualify as a professional smoker player, so he cannot have any 147s as a pro. What is his high run in the US Championships ? Does he have any 147s in amateur tournament play ?

Not sure why you felt the need to include the second paragraph.

Dave

BJTyler

AzB Member
Silver Member

I was making a slightly different point related to selection bias ... never mind ... wrong forum.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
To be fair, in professional and amateur snooker "147"s are counted when achieved in a tournament. They don't count practice sessions on whatever table it happens on, video recorded or not. Corey Duel has tried and failed to qualify as a professional smoker player, so he cannot have any 147s as a pro. What is his high run in the US Championships ? Does he have any 147s in amateur tournament play ?

Not sure why you felt the need to include the second paragraph.

Dave

According to Cuetracker, Corey made a 68 in his US Amateur championship win.

In total including his Asian tour tournament and Qschool attempts and World Amateur appearance, it seems he has made two breaks in the 60s and one break in the 70s.

http://cuetracker.net/Players/corey-deuel/Career-Total-Statistics?status=AllResults

That said, I don't know if he's played in other events not tracked there, and I'm certain he's made a tonne in practice matches, and most definitely on the practice table.

acesinc1999

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
According to Cuetracker, Corey made a 68 in his US Amateur championship win.

In total including his Asian tour tournament and Qschool attempts and World Amateur appearance, it seems he has made two breaks in the 60s and one break in the 70s.

http://cuetracker.net/Players/corey-deuel/Career-Total-Statistics?status=AllResults

That said, I don't know if he's played in other events not tracked there, and I'm certain he's made a tonne in practice matches, and most definitely on the practice table.

An actual snooker player posting (matter-of-fact-ly, I might add) on a snooker related thread? What a curious concept!