Master instructors, lulz

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was looking through the list of PBIA master instructors, I see Mr. CTE is listed as a master instructor...
How can someone be a master instructor, if so few people can understand the concepts they teach even after a couple DVDs?

Odd to me, anyone else think the same?

can you provide a contact link to
Master instructors, lulz -

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While there may be some PBIA Master Instructors that may be trying to market various methods of pool instruction, none of the Master Instructors in the SPF Group are involved in any "multi-level marketing schemes". They are, however, the very best at analyzing a player's process, and providing them with a clearcut program to permanently improve their pool games (the students that put in the work)!

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

You reached the top of the multi-level marketing scheme in pool instruction.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
While there may be some PBIA Master Instructors that may be trying to market various methods of pool instruction, none of the Master Instructors in the SPF Group are involved in any "multi-level marketing schemes".

Scott Lee

SPF masters are masters. Their goal is to teach pool....and they do. They are sincere and dedicated.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Snooker Theory...Center to edge aiming has been around for decades. Many of us spent time with Hal Houle, over the last 20 years of his life. Stan's CTE Pro One is one version. The SPF Group teach another version of CTE, along with several other aiming methods. Students choose the one(s) they prefer. Many pros use bits and pieces of several aiming methods. Many players shoot by "feel", which is another legitimate aiming method. Aiming is perceptual...we all perceive differently, just like we're built differently, we think differently, and we learn differently. There's no one-size-fits-all in anything pool. There is no one absolutely correct way to aim. There are lots of ways (and several necessary variables)...find one that works for you and practice. Given that, there is no aiming method/system ever devised that can make up for a poor stroke.

Scott Lee

According to Stan (or Connie who supposedly now types out all of Stans comments on AZ), another master instructor who teaches CTE doesn't know what he is talking about...
Hmmmm
Some teachers teach different things but call it the same, or apparently don't know what they are teaching, or......

So which PBIA master instructor is right??? LoL

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had cataract surgery on my right eye (the one I had a detached retina in a couple of years ago) a little more than a month ago. I am now 20/20 for distance in that eye.

Aloha

I was hoping it was smooth sailing, happy to hear and happy for you. Be nice once the other side is done too
. Next time I make it out to Oahu, you're gonna have to give me a hell of a spot with that new found "young man" vision. LoL

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While there may be some PBIA Master Instructors that may be trying to market various methods of pool instruction, none of the Master Instructors in the SPF Group are involved in any "multi-level marketing schemes". They are, however, the very best at analyzing a player's process, and providing them with a clearcut program to permanently improve their pool games (the students that put in the work)!

Scott Lee

Can somebody come into your organization and test for the Master Level without going through any other levels below it and paying for them?

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Snooker Theory...Center to edge aiming has been around for decades. Many of us spent time with Hal Houle, over the last 20 years of his life. Stan's CTE Pro One is one version. The SPF Group teach another version of CTE, along with several other aiming methods. Students choose the one(s) they prefer. Many pros use bits and pieces of several aiming methods. Many players shoot by "feel", which is another legitimate aiming method. Aiming is perceptual...we all perceive differently, just like we're built differently, we think differently, and we learn differently. There's no one-size-fits-all in anything pool. There is no one absolutely correct way to aim. There are lots of ways (and several necessary variables)...find one that works for you and practice. Given that, there is no aiming method/system ever devised that can make up for a poor stroke.

Scott Lee

I can’t say it any better than Bob Jewett said it many, many months back in the Instructors’ Forum. Bob clearly stated that the CTE that the SPF group teaches (SAM) is not Hal’s CTE. The SPF CTE, according to Bob is standard fractions. Bob went on to say that the SPF version (SAM) was muddying the water.
To imply that my CTE PRO ONE work is just another version of Hal’s CTE is dead wrong. I did not set out 15 years ago to create a version of Hal’s CTE. I set out to solve HAL’s CTE and have done just that. My Truth Series will bear it all out. Hal confirmed directly to Dave Segal that I had indeed figured out Hal’s system, the basic framework, many years ago. The details are now filled in.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had cataract surgery on my right eye (the one I had a detached retina in a couple of years ago) a little more than a month ago. I am now 20/20 for distance in that eye.

My left eye is more screwed up than my right eye was. I need cataract surgery and a couple more procedures to fix that one up. I am having one surgery on March 25, that may turn into two surgeries at the same time. One for fixing a retina problem and catact surgery in the same setting. The retina surgery will require that I will get a bubble injected in my eye after the procedure and I will have to lay face downward for a few days in order for the retina to be pushed back down flat.

When I had a bubble injected into my right eye for the detached retina, the bubble stayed in my eye for a couple months before it dissolved. Afterwards, they drained my eye and refilled it with saline solution to get rid of the floaters. That is my eye that I'm 20/20 with again.

I am sure they will have to do the same thing with my left eye once the bubble is dissolved. I have a floater in that eye now that is driving me crazy, already.

I'm looking forward to getting everything over with.

I play pool now with my good right eye and wear a contact in my left eye, which I hope will be fixed with the upcoming surgery.

Thanks for asking.

Aloha

Damn. Boss usedta always tell me 'getting old is not for sissies'.

Guess she wasn't lyin.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Scott Lee

I can’t say it any better than Bob Jewett said it many, many months back in the Instructors’ Forum. Bob clearly stated that the CTE that the SPF group teaches is not Hal’s CTE. The SPF CTE, according to Bob is standard fractions. Bob went on to say that the SPF version was muddying the water.
To imply that my CTE PRO ONE work is just another version of Hal’s CTE is dead wrong. I did not set out 15 years ago to create a version of Hal’s CTE. I set out to solve HAL’s CTE and have done just that. My Truth Series will bear it all out. Hal confirmed directly to Dave Segal that I had indeed figured out his system, the framework, many years ago. The details are now filled in.

Stan Shuffett

giphy.gif

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The world's supply of popcorn is in jeopardy.

I have a detach. That side actually distorts and enlarges the image. I still aim contact to contact; which incidentally gives you all shots regardless of position, table type, floor plan, building design...

goettlicher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If a person is master instructor and can't teach people a system, and two DvDs later it seems most people still need a book to understand the concepts, maybe master "instructor" isn't the correct word.

Does the PBIA certify people as instructors that really shouldn't be instructors, well that was more the point of the thread, not an aiming thread or bash CTE.

But when two master instructors are teaching a system and neither is on the same page, does any of that fall on the PBIA?

Great question.
Simple answer.
Two different types of systems. One is labeled PRO-ONE. The other is labeled CTE.

If Stan is given a fair chance, I believe that PRO-ONE will be fully explained.

The PBIA has several levels of certification. One has to start some place and work their way up the information ladder. Just like auto mechanics, good ones and pooe ones. All about Open Minds.

randyg

goettlicher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder how way back in 1954 kids at the Boys Club played 8 Ball, were so good, they broke & ran out without AIDS or Master Instructors available for a price in 2020?

Must have been something in the water.

Those "Boys" are now the Master Instructors!

randyg

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great question.
Simple answer.
Two different types of systems. One is labeled PRO-ONE. The other is labeled CTE.

If Stan is given a fair chance, I believe that PRO-ONE will be fully explained.

The PBIA has several levels of certification. One has to start some place and work their way up the information ladder. Just like auto mechanics, good ones and pooe ones. All about Open Minds.

randyg

My entire body of CTE work falls under the broad heading of CTE PRO ONE.
Within the context of CTE PRO ONE there are four approaches for implementing the same CTE that Hal came to know.
1. Basic Manual CTE
2. Disguised Pivoting
3. PRO ONE
4. One Half Ball Pivoting, Left Side Only....for right handed players, reverse for LHPs

PRO ONE is same CTE as Basic CTE. The difference has to with where and how one’s vision is used for the ultimate goal of resolving center cue ball. Disguised Pivoting and Half Ball Pivoting are also the same CTE.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

goettlicher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My entire body of CTE work falls under the broad heading of CTE PRO ONE.
Within the context of CTE PRO ONE there are four approaches for implementing the same CTE that Hal came to know.
1. Basic Manual CTE
2. Disguised Pivoting
3. PRO ONE
4. One Half Ball Pivoting, Left Side Only....for right handed players, reverse for LHPs

Stan Shuffett

Thanks Stan

randyg

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I was looking through the list of PBIA master instructors, I see Mr. CTE is listed as a master instructor...
How can someone be a master instructor, if so few people can understand the concepts they teach even after a couple DVDs?

Odd to me, anyone else think the same?

What about the other Master that ducked the bet, demanded the nuts, got the nuts, and disappeared with his tail between his legs?

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

randyg

Well staying with your auto mechanic comparison, if I go to three different ase master mechanics, and they all think the vacuum engine timing should be set differently, well that's no bueno, and one of those three settings will work vastly better than the other two.

If I go to a golf pro and ask to learn Moe Normans swing technique, and they teach me a different system which isn't Moe's, but call it Moe's system that's also no bueno.

Think the accrediting body could do more to nip this kinda confusion in the bud.