Kamui chalk version 1.21 is awesome!

FastMikie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kamui has just released a new chalk compound, version 1.21, which is a follow-on product to the previous release, the introductory version 0.98, and the one I tested about a year ago.

Disclaimer: I am not getting anything for my review except the one piece of chalk they sent me in the mail.

Review: The best chalk just got better. Worth the price if you value your game. It feels right going on, and the hit is better, with or without extreme english. It all comes down to being able to deliver a confident stroke when you need it. That's priceless. You could use cheaper chalk, but why?

mr2_serious

BRUTE FORCE BABY!
Silver Member
I use kamui, Brunswick, n brown masters chalk. I always deliver a confident stroke with any chalk.

I like to use kamui when I get lazy hehe

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Jeff G. Martin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Review: The best chalk just got better. Worth the price if you value your game. It feels right going on, and the hit is better, with or without extreme english. It all comes down to being able to deliver a confident stroke when you need it. That's priceless. You could use cheaper chalk, but why?

Is this a pre-review.... or is this the full review?

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
Yes, all of us Kamui-ites (or is it Kamuiese) are anxiously awaiting the price on this thing.

Is it actually a bigger cube than the .98 version?

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kamui has just released a new chalk compound, version 1.21, which is a follow-on product to the previous release, the introductory version 0.98, and the one I tested about a year ago.

Disclaimer: I am not getting anything for my review except the one piece of chalk they sent me in the mail.

Cause it's free if you are quick enough.

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
The quality of the chalk is really very good-there is no question about it imo. i m lookin forward to test the new version 1.21.

FastMikie: What about the *spots on the cueball* right after chalking- is this better now?

thx

lg from overseas,

Ingo

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
don't know about the 1.21....

I just got a hold of a piece of the .98 and I am sold. It is most definitely worth it for the serious player to buy some.

I didn't miscue once and would chaulk no more than once per game of tenball.

Jaden

Bambu

Dave Manasseri
Silver Member
Not trying to crash this party, but someone said this chalk makes you hit straighter(not this thread though). To me it does the opposite. It grabs so well, its less forgiving on center ball hits. Strike just off center, and center ball is out the window.

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
I just got a hold of a piece of the .98 and I am sold. It is most definitely worth it for the serious player to buy some.

I didn't miscue once and would chaulk no more than once per game of tenball.

Jaden

You know what's amazing?? Every time I play I check my tips for shape and roughness and if it isnt correct I fix it before playing. Then as I am playing I make sure to chalk evenly with a nice coat on the tip. I rarely to NEVER miscue due to this practice. Also keep in mind that before I try and shoot a shot that requires hitting a small part of the cueball or tons of side or draw... I chalk up REAL GOOD!!!

Its just amazing that people buy into the whole Kamui scam. Does the chalk make a difference on miscues?? Sure it does but I like to (as most players do) chalk between shots as part of the pre-shot or planning process. Also do you really think that Kamui chalk adds that much more spin or grip to the cueball?? Im sure it does but is it really necessary?? Is it gonna really enhance your play that much for $30 a cube? Probably not ....

Last edited:

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the Kamui and use it.

But, I have miscued on a couple shots with it due to my crappy stroke!!

:(

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
"$30/cube chalk is worthwhile for those who value their game."

Whatever, sucker.

The bangers are the life blood for all pool gadgets and gizmos. I really need to come up with some crazy toy, gadget or method that will help any body that VALUES their game.. This------> :lol::lol::lol::lol:

TheThaiger

Banned
Good to see there are still a couple of luddites around here. There were hundreds when this chalk was first discussed, now it's down to about two - one of which thinks a thin metal disc with a few banks shots on it is a "steal" at a mere $50!

You could not make it up.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Good to see there are still a couple of luddites around here. There were hundreds when this chalk was first discussed, now it's down to about two - one of which thinks a thin metal disc with a few banks shots on it is a "steal" at a mere $50!

You could not make it up.

Oh God, you're back already? Did you ever go to college? Have you ever bought a $50 book? Were those a rip off too? Don't you get you're paying for the information and not the DVD?

You come across as the biggest village idiot to ever come across on this forum - ever. And with the likes of a few other "good candidates," that's saying a lot.

I don't even know why I get bent out of shape with your mongoloid posts. You'll prob be banned again before we know it.

TheThaiger

Banned
Oh God, you're back already? Did you ever go to college? Have you ever bought a $50 book? Were those a rip off too? Don't you get you're paying for the information and not the DVD?

You come across as the biggest village idiot to ever come across on this forum - ever. And with the likes of a few other "good candidates," that's saying a lot.

I don't even know why I get bent out of shape with your mongoloid posts. You'll prob be banned again before we know it.

Still abusive as ever, i see. But to answer your questions; yes, no, N/A, yes.

So tell me, how does a company like Kamui produce genuinely new products without spending a large amount of money? Don't you get you're paying for the development costs and not the cube?

kamui, unlike some, don't cash-in. They innovate.

angldemn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, that's my point. I was just quoting from his post above mine ($50). It certainly didn't cost $200 to print/bind the book -- so that must be a heist as well.

Just joking with you. I'll say I do agree with everything else in your posts.