Anyone else have PacMan Cup suspicions?

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First off, I'm not stating ANY facts here, just opinions based on what I've seen. And I am a HUGE Efren fan.

Women's Championship just played on ESPN2 last weekend. Must call 9 ball. They seemed to remember it well. Are men that much more forgetful?

SVB's could have been explained as it was early in the tourney. Biado must have played 100 games by the time he "forgot" to call the 10 ball. Did he remember the first 99 games?

Manny runs a 2 event tourney (singles/teams) in Philippines. The Pinoy legend (and Manny's hero) wins the singles.

I'll let the conspiracy theorists have at it in this thread. I don't like to make accusations directly. Don't know what gambling options, etc were available in the Philippines.

Note: I did not watch any matches in this tourney, so do not know if Efren did recapture his youth and shoot lights out all week.

Masayoshi

Fusenshou no Masa
Silver Member
Why would Manny, a multi-millionaire many times over and an elected official in the Philippines, risk his reputation on a rinky-dink 40k pool tournament?

Bayawak

Tirador
Silver Member
First off, I'm not stating ANY facts here, just opinions based on what I've seen. And I am a HUGE Efren fan.

Women's Championship just played on ESPN2 last weekend. Must call 9 ball. They seemed to remember it well. Are men that much more forgetful?

SVB's could have been explained as it was early in the tourney. Biado must have played 100 games by the time he "forgot" to call the 10 ball. Did he remember the first 99 games?

Manny runs a 2 event tourney (singles/teams) in Philippines. The Pinoy legend (and Manny's hero) wins the singles.

I'll let the conspiracy theorists have at it in this thread. I don't like to make accusations directly. Don't know what gambling options, etc were available in the Philippines.

Note: I did not watch any matches in this tourney, so do not know if Efren did recapture his youth and shoot lights out all week.

Now, why would you even entertain those kind of thoughts? You must be some kind of very unhappy person who never amounted to anything close to winning. Just because a former world champion and a Hall of Famer to boot who everybody envies had his moment of glory and proved to the world that he still got what it takes
to win, you start thinking negatively. Just because your boy got his butt handed to him early you start looking and inventing excuses. I would have you know that the guys who beat and eliminated him were all monsters that you wouldn't want to play for money! Oh, by the way, those guys will also take everybody that you can put up for the cash, which we all know you wouldn't even try.

Do you know what happens when these players from Asia plays here on in some "suspicious" tournaments? They get to play and eliminate each other early so that their favorite player would have a better chance of winning! And then they get stiffed!! Try that one for size! TALK ABOUT "SUSPICIOUS!"

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member

Nope....,,, you wouldn't be the suspicious type would you?:eek:

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Now, why would you even entertain those kind of thoughts? You must be some kind of very unhappy person who never amounted to anything close to winning. Just because a former world champion and a Hall of Famer to boot who everybody envies had his moment of glory and proved to the world that he still got what it takes
to win, you start thinking negatively. Just because your boy got his butt handed to him early you start looking and inventing excuses. I would have you know that the guys who beat and eliminated him were all monsters that you wouldn't want to play for money! Oh, by the way, those guys will also take everybody that you can put up for the cash, which we all know you wouldn't even try.

Do you know what happens when these players from Asia plays here on in some "suspicious" tournaments? They get to play and eliminate each other early so that their favorite player would have a better chance of winning! And then they get stiffed!! Try that one for size! TALK ABOUT "SUSPICIOUS!"
Very well put! How quickly we forget the us open 9 ball! Plus, the night of the living dead! Didn't someone get brought back to life, like Frankenstein?

Nice to see some money and support for the game. Sorry, your people get called into question like this.

Kd

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Sorry you were so offended Bayawak. You obviously don't know me, or who I am, but I appreciate you guessing about what an unhappy loser I am. Not sure why you took my post so personally.

I've won enough to be happy with my enjoyment of the sport. My first line mentions I'm a HUGE Efren fan, so not sure what led you to believe "My Boy" got eliminated early. So by that, I assume you feel "my boy" would be SVB and not Biado? I mentioned them both, so not sure which one you were referring (I am a fan of both, in addition to Efren, but I already mentioned that).

And most of your post suggests I'm anti Asian and that these players would bust me or anybody I would put up for cash. Not sure where that came in either.

Have a Merry Christmas! (Or Happy Holidays if Christmas also offends you).:)

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What's the point/purpose of this nonsense thread.

Congrats to Efren !!!!!

Just another anonymous post trying to take something good and drag it through the mud. That is the only point of this thread. Kind of like saying "I don't mean anything by this, but ..."

Way to go Efren!

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Sorry you were so offended Bayawak. You obviously don't know me, or who I am, but I appreciate you guessing about what an unhappy loser I am. Not sure why you took my post so personally.

I've won enough to be happy with my enjoyment of the sport. My first line mentions I'm a HUGE Efren fan, so not sure what led you to believe "My Boy" got eliminated early. So by that, I assume you feel "my boy" would be SVB and not Biado? I mentioned them both, so not sure which one you were referring (I am a fan of both, in addition to Efren, but I already mentioned that).

And most of your post suggests I'm anti Asian and that these players would bust me or anybody I would put up for cash. Not sure where that came in either.

Have a Merry Christmas! (Or Happy Holidays if Christmas also offends you).:)
Why not just say "sorry"???

You were offensive and did not realize it. It happens! You could choose to be further offensive or just apologize! Great choice!

Kd

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You were offensive and did not realize it. It happens! You could choose to be further offensive or just apologize! Great choice!

Kd

Your right how dare anyone think a pool tourney could have
Some suspiciouse results ,
What was the guy thinking

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Kd

KD, I did apologize as it wasn't meant to offend anyone. I didn't accuse anyone. I just found things odd.

Once I was personally attacked, I defended myself against those attacks. I don't feel I became further offensive. I also did not feel I attacked Bayawak back.

While he insinuated I was an unhappy loser, I did not respond with the same personal insults. I simply asked where he found my post to be suggestive I was a SVB guy, or Asians get screwed over here, etc.

With that said, Bayawak, I was sincere in my apology as the thread wasn't intended to insult anyone. I am an Efren fan and think it is great that he won.

KD, if you were offended as well, I too apologize to you. I think if you view my previous posts, nobody would consider me a negative troll (not that you called me that). I try to be a valued contributor to AZB. With that said, you may be right, perhaps I shouldn't have posted at all. There are many threads regarding this tourney drama, so I should have let it be.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Your right how dare anyone think a pool tourney could have
Some suspiciouse results ,
What was the guy thinking

One you disappointed me!

Just throw fuel on the fire sir!

Your comment is not helping. Why travel to Asia if they are so unscrupulous???

Kd

Last edited:

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
KD, I did apologize as it wasn't meant to offend anyone. I didn't accuse anyone. I just found things odd.

Once I was personally attacked, I defended myself against those attacks. I don't feel I became further offensive. I also did not feel I attacked Bayawak back.

While he insinuated I was an unhappy loser, I did not respond with the same personal insults. I simply asked where he found my post to be suggestive I was a SVB guy, or Asians get screwed over here, etc.

With that said, Bayawak, I was sincere in my apology as the thread wasn't intended to insult anyone. I am an Efren fan and think it is great that he won.

KD, if you were offended as well, I too apologize to you. I think if you view my previous posts, nobody would consider me a negative troll (not that you called me that). I try to be a valued contributor to AZB. With that said, you may be right, perhaps I shouldn't have posted at all. There are many threads regarding this tourney drama, so I should have let it be.
Very well put. Thank you! Nice to see money added to the sport. They I assure you do not want the drama. Tried their best to be impartial. Once rule was stated they stuck to it. They thought it best to eliminate as much luck as possible. It back fired with unintended consequences.

Kd

Last edited:

miscrewed89

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm all for a U.S. boycott of Manny's events! Also, banning Pulpal or Pulpal or whatever his name his, from big U.S. events. By the same token, I'm also for boycotting any Barry Berman events as well.
Both Shane's and Biado's shots were obvious. It's not like they shyt the 10 ball in and tried to claim they meant to do it. Calling a foul, though within the idiotic rules, was just nitty and gutless! On top of that, for Pulp?? to then dance around the table like a mongoloid having a seizure, just added more proof of his unsportsmanlike character.
after all is said and done, Efren would probably have won anyway...

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One you disappointed me!

Just throw fuel on the fire sir!

Your comment is not helping. Why travel to Asia if they are so scrupulous???

Kd

KD you put way to much stock on what's said on this site
Only a very small fraction of the pool world knows it exists only a fraction of those actually read and post here and even a smaller amout actually believe more than half of what's posted
It had zero effect in the pool world

parvus1202

Suspected hacked account
Silver Member
TS did not watch any game but find it odd that Reyes won. A lot from USA watched the finals and never said anything. I watched the finals and I saw an old Reyes who plays like he is in his 30s.