What's up with chalk?

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anything else I drop on the floor I reach down and pick it up whether it's round, square, flat whatever. Every time I drop a piece of chalk on berber carpet(my floor), tile, concrete, etc. the chalk winds up seven feet away and on the opposite side of any obstacle. For example I dropped a piece tonight and watched it go straight down, went to pick it up and it was on the far end of my 9 foot GC IV and on the other side of table leg. My friend and I finally found it and he said,, "that's physically impossible!" My table is in the basement of a two story home, and it wouldn't surprise me to drop a piece and find it in the upstairs bathroom :) What's up with that?

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Lol I’ve had to chase a few pieces around as well. Got a house cue I could borrow for a bit?

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Its kinda like racking 9 ball on a table with drop pockets. You reach in all the pockets to get the balls out and when you get down to the end rail and you are starting to rack you notice you are shy a ball. So you go back and check all the pockets again and its in pocket # 6....the last one you check.
Whats up with that?:p

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Its kinda like racking 9 ball on a table with drop pockets. You reach in all the pockets to get the balls out and when you get down to the end rail and you are starting to rack you notice you are shy a ball. So you go back and check all the pockets again and its in pocket # 6....the last one you check.

HA! Very similar happenings the other day, I was playing poorly,,,in a foul mood. I always check the side pocket closest to me at the end of a rack, then work around the table to the corner next to my starting point and rack the balls. I was missing one. I looked in my original side pocket, didn’t see anything, stormed around to re-check all the others. Now I’m all pissed lol. It was the 2 ball just hanging out in that original side pocket. Anger messes all kinds of stuff up

VonRhett

Friends Call Me "von"
Silver Member
Is this the Russian Chalk?

If so, that explains it.

Lots of rumors about their chalk colluding with carpets to drive Americans crazy.

Yep, Chalk Collusion.

-von

Reactions: KRJ

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Anything else I drop on the floor I reach down and pick it up whether it's round, square, flat whatever. Every time I drop a piece of chalk on berber carpet(my floor), tile, concrete, etc. the chalk winds up seven feet away and on the opposite side of any obstacle. For example I dropped a piece tonight and watched it go straight down, went to pick it up and it was on the far end of my 9 foot GC IV and on the other side of table leg. My friend and I finally found it and he said,, "that's physically impossible!" My table is in the basement of a two story home, and it wouldn't surprise me to drop a piece and find it in the upstairs bathroom :) What's up with that?

You’ve obviously been rubbing it the wrong way...be kind to your chalk.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Always the last one.

pj <- zupwidat?
chgo

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I lost one 2 days ago. Absolutely no where to
be found.
Today im doing laundry.
No of course i didnt check the pockets first.
Damn you snooker championships!
I have to quit watching those euros.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
I don't think it bounces. It has legs. They all do. You can't see them, but they are there. I just know it.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
I was at a large tournament last year and got a promotional piece of Taom chalk. Now, I have nothing bad to say about the chalk itself. It was as good as any I've tried, however…..I got this chalk right before a very big match against a world class player. Our table was in the middle of the room, surrounded by other tables and the floor was uncarpeted. I'm sweating bullets out of pure nerves. And the chalk just became impossible to hold on to. It kept slipping out of my fingers and rolling all over the Place. I've never been more embarrased on a pool table, even if I didn't play half bad, I kept chasing my chalk all around the room. I don't think round chalk is for me….Don't get me started on round chalk with gloves....I'll be happy to use Taom if they come up With a shape that doesn't roll. Square would be Nice.

Last edited:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A similar problem some of you may have had is losing your chalk, for those that use a magnetic chalk holder especially if you keep it in your back pocket as I do. I have often lost my chalk and have the darndest time finding it - which I eventually will find stuck to some metal surface somewhere in our poolroom, such as on our barstools or anything metallic I may have unknowingly brushed up against or even walked by very close to.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Is this the Russian Chalk?

If so, that explains it.

Lots of rumors about their chalk colluding with carpets to drive Americans crazy.

Yep, Chalk Collusion.

-von

Too funny. You just won a FREE box of chalk. PM your address :)

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On Tuesday a player lost a magnetic chalk holder with chalk. We had 4 players looking in every part of the pool hall for it, never found it. It's with socks and pens now.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Coz very few people will continue to search for an item once they've found it!
:rotflmao1:

Except those who are searching for their cell phones while they're talking on them. :thumbup:

Maniac (did that one time:speechless:)

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Had to get rid of a couple pieces of Triangles a few years ago....
...caught them hangin’ around with some Kamuis.....the sluts...:angry:

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the old days they would put the chalk in little cages to keep it from escaping

2CC6580A-85B2-4F5C-BB28-F80422A27E8B.jpeg