Haas tm-1

poolhalljnkie

House cue conversionist
Silver Member
I got the pleasure of meeting you and speaking with you at the ICCS last month. It's great to put the man with the shop. A lot of nice looking heavy equipment there. Thanks for the pictures, even tho I think your'e just showing off a little, hahaha :thumbup:

Keep turning good wood :cool:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Pete, amazing that you say your shop is 14X18 and mine is 10X12, yet I couldn't think of putting half your goodies in mine.

I guess its still a considerable difference.

Pete Tonkin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Office

This is my computer area and office the shop is behind the wall on the left.

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

tlayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's the name of your establishment?

What's the name of your establishment and where are you located? Perfect set up. Bar plus two businesses, perfect.
Thanks for sharing Pete,

Tony Layne

Pete Tonkin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's the name of your establishment and where are you located? Perfect set up. Bar plus two businesses, perfect.
Thanks for sharing Pete,

Tony Layne

The name of the bar is P&J Billiards and we are located in the mountains of northern calif.

Pete

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
Hi Pete,

I have been looking at The TM1 because of the 30" X Axis.

All of the ones I saw were only a 5000 rpm spindle speed. My current NSK spindle is much faster.

My question, is 5000 rpm good enough for what we do or do you have to modify the TM1 for faster speeds.

Still a CNC intermediate newb so excuse my question if it is silly.

Thanks,

Rick G

Pete Tonkin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TM- 1 RPM's

Hi Pete,

I have been looking at The TM1 because of the 30" X Axis.

All of the ones I saw were only a 5000 rpm spindle speed. My current NSK spindle is much faster.

My question, is 5000 rpm good enough for what we do or do you have to modify the TM1 for faster speeds.

Still a CNC intermediate newb so excuse my question if it is silly.

Thanks,

Rick G

I use to main spindle for cutting in points and use a NSK 50K RPM spindle mounted in a special cat 40 holder held in the main spindle for inlay work.

A new TM-1 with a fourth axes and a NSK spindle are right at 45k. HAAS has there own financeing company and you can get one on a lease purchase with very good terms.

Pete

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
I use to main spindle for cutting in points and use a NSK 50K RPM spindle mounted in a special cat 40 holder held in the main spindle for inlay work.

A new TM-1 with a fourth axes and a NSK spindle are right at 45k. HAAS has there own financeing company and you can get one on a lease purchase with very good terms.

Pete

Thanks Pete,

I know you do everything over the top a a machinist and knew you would have the answers.

I have a little more experience to go before I make that CNC upgrade step but that machine you have on the floor is what I think is perfect for cue making apps.

Thanks for taking the time to share,

Rick