Sad To Report Passing of Dennis Dieckman (Deekmon) Today

BarenbruggeCues

Unregistered User
Silver Member
I was so sad to read the news yesterday. Though I did not know him personally, I read many stories about pool folk who loved him very much.

I knew he was a good man because of his love for cats. Anybody who loves animals has a warm heart.

May he always rest in eternal peace!

Yes he did love his cats. Was always on the look out for and seemed to be a magnet for any strays that needed a home.

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dave

If only his yardstick suspenders could talk ... what stories!!!!!

YES!

He can now talk with his mentor Carl Conlon..

I Knew Carl as well :( They will have a great reunion.

and, thank you Jamison as well. He was a good friend to Dennis and there at the end.

Sev

I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Silver Member
RIP Dennis.

I was lucky enough to meet him a few times.
Quite the interesting character.

He did one Brunswick conversion for me. Possibly the longest magic wand he ever built.
64" tall.
Why? I dont know. He never said. I never asked.
I do smile every time I put it together.

Awizzzy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sad to see this legend pass. I will pray for the family and watch the skies..

R.I.P Mr. Dieckman

:frown::frown::frown:

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I Thank all who have reply to this post/thread and Those that corresponded by PM. You either Love Him, Hate Him, or maybe both, either way he touch your soul and will alway be a part of your memories... as we were his! RIP Dennis you are finally with the aliens!

564261_525005820874676_367499662_n.jpg

1798760_708490209195004_1801168229_n.JPG

3df2105ae82e6a9eac65a2e12631b31e-bpfull.jpg

Mar 21 2009_0023_edited-1.JPG

dd51.jpg

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
couple addition ....

dd5.jpg

dd6.jpg

Thursday, February 03, 2011 (2) - Copy.jpg

Poem was inspired by Dieckman, and out of friendship since late Eighty. It was printed in early Ninety. Hopefully you can read it, and have LOL.

poem picture.JPG

Saturday, September 02, 2006 (3).jpg

Last edited:

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
With all the great pictures of Deek-a-Mon I thought I'd create one of my own in his image. Hope you like it :)

Thanks for all the pics!

Attachments

• P1130099.JPG
    P1130099.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:

DA\/E

As a former graduate of the Cueniversity, I was saddened to hear this news. R.I.P. Dennis. You were one of a kind.

Dave. (Aus).

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I first met Dennis Dieckman around 1990 during my junior year attending UMass Amherst. We lived across from Bob Lisciotti's pool hall in Sunderland, and as many of you might expect, I was there quite often.

I had already heard about Dennis, but understood him to live in Michigan. So, I was surprised to meet him in Sunderland, MA as it seemed he had moved there. Years later, I came to understand his travels and extended stays.

I acquired one of his cues, but unfortunately being long before my cue collecting days, I got rid of it for one reason or another. I suppose I regret this, but I regret more that I never got another.

Nearly 15 years later, I bumped into him at SBE, and was shocked that he remembered me and where we met. We got to be friends, and I enjoyed his eccentric ways. I wrote his article for InsidePOOL Magazine in mid-00's. It remains one of my most favorite articles. I’ll make it available soon.

Rest in Peace, Dennis Dieckman.

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I first met Dennis Dieckman around 1990 during my junior year attending UMass Amherst. We lived across from Bob Lisciotti's pool hall in Sunderland, and as many of you might expect, I was there quite often.

I had already heard about Dennis, but understood him to live in Michigan. So, I was surprised to meet him in Sunderland, MA as it seemed he had moved there. Years later, I came to understand his travels and extended stays.

I acquired one of his cues, but unfortunately being long before my cue collecting days, I got rid of it for one reason or another. I suppose I regret this, but I regret more that I never got another.

Nearly 15 years later, I bumped into him at SBE, and was shocked that he remembered me and where we met. We got to be friends, and I enjoyed his eccentric ways. I wrote his article for InsidePOOL Magazine in mid-00's. It remains one of my most favorite articles. I’ll make it available soon.

Rest in Peace, Dennis Dieckman.

Fred
Dieckman Love the article you wrote (as many issue he have that one gave to Friends, that he brought all the spare issues). Post 38 have your article pdf .... https://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=6193242&postcount=38

But here it again https://www.insidepoolmag.com/premium-new/April07.pdf