New Shop

Pete Tonkin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shop Pictures

Thanks you to everyone for taking the time to look at the pictures and all the nice comments.

Its still a work in progress and will take another six months to finish building it out and tooling up the new machinery.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Pete,
Talk about a 5-star Cuemaker shop! Impressive!
Great equipment, layout and space.
You will find it a real joy working in this environment!
Thanks for sharing.
Everyone has a better appreciation of your skills and capabilities just by
looking at these pictures....and still a work in process.

Will Prout

Pete Tonkin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pete,
Talk about a 5-star Cuemaker shop! Impressive!
Great equipment, layout and space.
You will find it a real joy working in this environment!
Thanks for sharing.
Everyone has a better appreciation of your skills and capabilities just by
looking at these pictures....and still a work in process.

Will Prout

Will,
Thanks for the nice comments.
After working in the new shop for about a month and half now it is such a pleasure to work in and the productivity is so so much higher. Also being able to spray cues at any time and being able to work while the finish is drying between coats is a huge plus. To me one of the biggest benefits of the increased productivity is once we catch up on the back log we will have more time to pursue new designs and techniques.

Take Care
Pete

Toxictom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a great looking shop. I am curious how long it takes to make a production cue on this machinery from a blank to a finished cue. Nothing too special just a nice looking cue. Is the work done in stages? Do you make a pile of butts one day and a bunch of shafts the next or is each cue made individually?

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
I hope you stay safe from the Mendocino fire going on. I know you are quite a way from the fire, it does look nasty.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
And here I was all excited about my new band saw. Amazing looking shop Pete.

And as well you should be excited about a new bandsaw.....a good woodworker can build a home with a skilsaw and a hammer, a great one can build just about any piece of fine furniture along with much of the saw work necessary to build cues.

It’s also just about the safest major power tool there is....what else can one take their hands off the material during the cut and no danger will be present.

If you ever try and get anyone esp women and children not used to power tools it’s a good non terrifying tool to use. Most are scared to death of table saws....as well they should be. Same with radial arm saws....very dangerous not for the average goofball. Kickback with that throws the blade right towards you!

Anyways back to ogling what Pete Hass done loo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro