Please refund the money you owe!!

hoppecopy

Registered
I receive this text from Mr Summers:

Just read your last paragraph on AZ. I accept your apology and I promise April 15 you will have your money. And yes things were that bad having to get money to ship the cue. Being off work the past year has really hurt me bc my seizures and divorce. It really doesnt bother me you posted all that because I'm ready to get out of cuebuilding anyhow. It was fun for 7 years but now it's too much time involved for the little return per cue. Ya the wood doesnt cost much but the hours involved is crazy. Have a nice weekend.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
thanks even though we didnt request info thats non of our business

while your at it, show us all the texts youve ever had with brent from the beginning

the ones you sent him,

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really ? ! !

Just read your last paragraph on AZ. I accept your apology and I promise April 15 you will have your money. And yes things were that bad having to get money to ship the cue. Being off work the past year has really hurt me bc my seizures and divorce. It really doesnt bother me you posted all that because I'm ready to get out of cuebuilding anyhow. It was fun for 7 years but now it's too much time involved for the little return per cue. Ya the wood doesnt cost much but the hours involved is crazy. Have a nice weekend.

Assuming that is the actual contents of a text from the cue maker, it is not only poor form but poor taste to post personal information he might have chosen to share with you.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
The OP is the kind of guy who orders a stick on a Monday, calls on Wednesday to see if it is done. BS didn't do himself any favors, but OP talks about his sterling relationship and 100 years in business with no issues. The next few posts then show that he runs less than a stellar business with lots of complaints.

If you can't get that from reading the threads, I can't help you.

What I get from this thread is that most ppl but OP and BS are all angels who can do no wrong. All of their customer service skills are on point, and have never encountered either a hard to deal with client or a financial hardship.

I have refrained from posting in this thread until now because I believe most of the bs posted in the first couple of pages could have been avoided. The ones who immediately teamed up against the op as well as the ones who accused the cuemaker before any facts were presented should also learn from this. A single post asking for facts before posting such a thread would have been enough. Which is the only thing you can hold against the OP in hindsight.
[/QUOTE]

100% Agree and will add one thing. Custom is custom. Go out in the world have somebody make you something. Returns are not quite that easy (unlike buying a standard product). Custom work also takes time and you are always best to let the guy breath and do his work. If it comes out poorly you deal with it.

Now the man offered him a refund and they will work it out.

Meucciplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh man, hoppecopy, I defended you all the time and now you post PRIVATE email. Desperately want to prove me wrong? I would not appreciate it if you copied my private mail all over the internet. This would only be ok if you still did not get the money as promised but April is still a while to go.

I'm out here.

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Why would you post this?

I now sincerely hope you don't get any of your money back.

hoppecopy

Registered
It is so amazing that some of the poster bring my business up, my BBB rating try to make me look like trash, when that is not have anything to do with this post. Mr Summer text this me, I pasted and copy this from the text, these are his words He is saying that he's had problems and that he would pay me back by April 15th, Mr Summers had just done what he said, if I wasn't happy he would refund, if he had just returned my refund, when he told me he would refund my money when he got it again while I asked him when a month, 6 months a year his reply was ,when I have the money you'll get it, as for the jewelry I made, He sent me a picture of what he wanted me to make ,I made a wax first sent him a pic of it and he was happy then I made the final piece I said it would be before Christmas and I delivered. These post can continue back and forth I have apologized for getting angry with Mr Summers, and he accepted my apology, all I can do now is try to take his word again that he will deliver on April 15th.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is so amazing that some of the poster bring my business up, my BBB rating try to make me look like trash, when that is not have anything to do with this post. Mr Summer text this me, I pasted and copy this from the text, these are his words He is saying that he's had problems and that he would pay me back by April 15th, Mr Summers had just done what he said, if I wasn't happy he would refund, if he had just returned my refund, when he told me he would refund my money when he got it again while I asked him when a month, 6 months a year his reply was ,when I have the money you'll get it, as for the jewelry I made, He sent me a picture of what he wanted me to make ,I made a wax first sent him a pic of it and he was happy then I made the final piece I said it would be before Christmas and I delivered. These post can continue back and forth I have apologized for getting angry with Mr Summers, and he accepted my apology, all I can do now is try to take his word again that he will deliver on April 15th.
just admit you shouldn’t have posted his text. What is gained by that? NOTHING.

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Posting a private text message? Like all here give a rat's a** about your personal correspondence, let along the outcome of this? So inappropriate.

Again, I'm surprised this site allows these kind of personal dramas to play out at all, but it seems like both parties were more than willing to jump in and mix it up in this thread. Still, posting up private messages just to make yourself look good is just wrong.

hoppecopy

Registered
As for my post from Mr Summers why I posted this was he is agreeing with what I said a few post a go, almost word for word, I've said my piece and I did not want to start this post in the beginning, I will wait till April 15th if nothing changes I'll give my comments then thank you all for your support and negative comments. thanks. P.S. some of my texts to Mr Summers was also posted in above post whether or not he explained it or not.

Last edited:

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
you idiots here ask for people to rat out the bad cuemakers so others dont get stung.

the op does this in his way and even gets the cuemaker to respond and both air out their differences. then some jump all over him.

i say then screw all of you and if you have a known bad cuemaker then keep it quiet and let them find out on their own.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
You can go through his posts and see gems like this.
Guy wanted 5k a piece for 2 sticks.

"03-23-2014, 05:18 PM
$6000.00 cash, not trying to insult you. Times are tough out there... "

There are tons of messages that can give you an idea of this guy.

Oh man, hoppecopy, I defended you all the time and now you post PRIVATE email. Desperately want to prove me wrong? I would not appreciate it if you copied my private mail all over the internet. This would only be ok if you still did not get the money as promised but April is still a while to go.

I'm out here.

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can go through his posts and see gems like this.
Guy wanted 5k a piece for 2 sticks.

"03-23-2014, 05:18 PM
$6000.00 cash, not trying to insult you. Times are tough out there... "

There are tons of messages that can give you an idea of this guy.

Including one where he committed to buy then claimed financial issues (didn't know that right before that when he committed?) and promptly reneged. Seller must not have wanted jewelry in trade.

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Like, you didn't read this and think for a minute, "maybe I shouldn't post this to a public forum?"

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just happened upon this thread and I wish I didn't. But here's a little about Brent Summers and how I was treated:

First, for those that do not know of Brent: I was first introduced to his name and cues when he was sponsoring Billy Thorpe (or Billy simply played w/his cue). For those who do not know Billy Thorpe, he is one of the premier bank players in the world, gambles high and recently won DCC One Pocket division (in the last couple years).

Brent makes some very unique and good playing cues in his spare time as you can see from his posts of 4 cues he has built (they are all one-of-a-kind and mostly full-splice). I saw one of his cue that I had to own so I play with one of his cues at the moment. Working w/Brent couldn't have gone smoother: great communication using both Facebook and cell phone and I even had him make me a 3-cushion shaft to fit my cue. I'm very happy with the cue and my dealings w/Brent.

I do not know what happened here, but if I was the guy wanting a refund after Brent customized one of his cues to his specs and now saw the finished product, I would simply ask him to send that cue, it's beautiful (even if it wasn't perfect initially). The only thing I could gather from all this is that guy got cold feet and didn't want to buy the cue he commited to so found an out. I'm not saying that Brent was 100% right in his dealing and it appears there were some issues, but from what I can see...issues solved.

Here's some picture of the cue I bought from Brent late last year, which I love - very unique:

Dave

Attachments

• buttsleeve3.jpg
    buttsleeve3.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 561
  • forearm2.jpg
    forearm2.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 564
  • forearm3.jpg
    forearm3.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 557

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
Here's some picture of the cue I bought from Brent late last year, which I love - very unique:

Dave

From what I've seen his cues are really unique. Very artistic minded. Too bad he's decided to quit? His cues are fun to look at.