Super Billiards Expo 2019, nearly all amateur events sold out?

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I just checked the website and it looks like every amateur event, except for Wednesday's warm-up is sold out.

As of today, Wednesday's warm-up is at 582, plus 25 mail-ins. I don't think I ever seen this many in the past 10 years.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep, I got an email that there were maybe 20 entries left in the open event a few days ago. I think last year it was full also, but I don't know about if every event was full.

Basically that thing is like Derby City for non-pros on 7 footers so I can see the attraction, plus a cue show on the side.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yep, I got an email that there were maybe 20 entries left in the open event a few days ago. I think last year it was full also, but I don't know about if every event was full.

Basically that thing is like Derby City for non-pros on 7 footers so I can see the attraction, plus a cue show on the side.
I wish they still had one pocket and three cushion, but I understand why they went away.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why did these other tournaments go away? Lack of space or participation?

Id guess it's more profitable to rent the space to additional exhibitors or have more amateur events. Allen likes his $$ and im also going to guess 85% of his annual income comes from this 5 day thing thing- $250K minimum imho

Joqpub4

AZB GOLD
Silver Member
I’d guess the scheduling issues with the 1p and length of the matches were more the issue.

It was a limited field to begin with and always had problems if they players were in the open /pro event.

The 3cushion was not run by allen. It was there last year, but not on the website. Haven’t heard myself whether it is there or not.

Joe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Id guess it's more profitable to rent the space to additional exhibitors or have more amateur events. Allen likes his $$ and im also going to guess 85% of his annual income comes from this 5 day thing thing- $250K minimum imho

So you don’t like $$$ lol you just go to work for fun? God forbid he make a profit right. Lol

He tried other events but they never had the venders and pro’s and just things to keep you there for the weekend when your out of the tournament .

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So you don’t like $$$ lol you just go to work for fun? God forbid he make a profit right. Lol

Of course i want him to make $$-We wouldnt have the event if he didn't make $$-Im
only pointing out, he just has those 4-5 days to do it and he is not going to be sentimental about anything, he is goinng to maximize his profit especially since his commentator gig of many years with ESPN is gone for the most (if not the whole) part.

Joqpub4

AZB GOLD
Silver Member
Interesting...

Since the space the 1p tables were... was empty last year!

Joe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Why do the pros wait until the last minute to sign up. As of this morning Thorsten was the only name that I recognized.

Kevin

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Bless Allen for organizing SBX. He deserves everything he makes.