New 2020 Brunswick Centennial

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Trent. A couple of things happen when you get older. The first thing is you begin to lose your memory and the second thing is.......the second thing is.......the second thing......is I forgot! :D

No worries Jay, from a playability standpoint there really isn't any difference between the Centennial and Anniversary. One has more bling bling than the other, but performance is the same.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Reminds me of my first motorcycle...chrome for days.

Give me the understated look of an Anniversary table. That and the whole "made in China, assembled in USA" is a bit of a turn off.

I’m with you...especially the older Anniversaries with wood rails.

E4E9E032-084A-4A73-8919-F427BA42CBD9.jpeg

But for me, Brunswick’s biggest winners are the older Kling/Arcade models...I picture these
with a modern Diamond one-piece slate and Diamond rails..re-styled to suit the table...
..if they could do it, the price would probably be prohibitive.

117C59DB-891C-4D1A-BC5E-7E2FF88E272A.jpeg

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m with you...especially the older Anniversaries with wood rails.

View attachment 556771

But for me, Brunswick’s biggest winners are the older Kling/Arcade models...I picture these
with a modern Diamond one-piece slate and Diamond rails..re-styled to suit the table...
..if they could do it, the price would probably be prohibitive.

View attachment 556772

I do like the kling much better. If I could only get one at a reasonable price.

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is a very handsome, well built, decorative, nostalgic table.

12 k ?

I'm good.

magnetardo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gold Crowns have been made in China since the late 70's and they're not junk. I predict this table is built very well.Worth $12,000?? Uh, no.

Not true. Closer to the mid 90's although they made some furniture style tables in Brazil prior to that.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If someone likes the look of a table and how it plays does it really matter where it is made? Does it? I have no idea where my GC4 came from.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
No worries Jay, from a playability standpoint there really isn't any difference between the Centennial and Anniversary. One has more bling bling than the other, but performance is the same.

I like the simplicity and clean lines of the Anniversary more anyway. Never cared for all that 'chrome' around the Centennial. Yep, basically the same table underneath.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not true. Closer to the mid 90's although they made some furniture style tables in Brazil prior to that.
Pretty sure the last Brunswick-built GC was sometime in the 3-series. Late 70's-early 80's. After that they just assembled table from mostly outsourced parts. Kimball or Wurlitzer built either whole tables or parts and then Mexico/Brazil/China. I've seen 3's that had some Mexican and Brazilian stuff in them. By the time the 4 came out they were totally outsourcing.

magnetardo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty sure the last Brunswick-built GC was sometime in the 3-series. Late 70's-early 80's. After that they just assembled table from mostly outsourced parts. Kimball or Wurlitzer built either whole tables or parts and then Mexico/Brazil/China. I've seen 3's that had some Mexican and Brazilian stuff in them. By the time the 4 came out they were totally outsourcing.

Pretty sure Gold Crown 4's came out in the late 90's. Like 1997.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty sure Gold Crown 4's came out in the late 90's. Like 1997.
That's correct. I think B'wick made pockets and gulleys and everything else was outsourced. IMO they are the best especially if you do the frame support mod to stop end sagging.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
if you do the frame support mod to stop end sagging.

I have restored and worked on many, many 3's. Only ever had the sag issue in a pool room. TIGHTEN the frame bolts properly and Super glue the slate seams= no more problem. People ***** and moan about USA made, yeah< I would prefer that, but, this is a global economy, yet, they all drive cars "made in usa"> That really means: parts made in Asia and assembled here. Blah Blah Blah. Brunswick GC6 is a FINE pool table, its too bad they could not afford to make it here and that would also mean most people here could not afford it at all.

TFT

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have restored and worked on many, many 3's. Only ever had the sag issue in a pool room. TIGHTEN the frame bolts properly and Super glue the slate seams= no more problem. People ***** and moan about USA made, yeah< I would prefer that, but, this is a global economy, yet, they all drive cars "made in usa"> That really means: parts made in Asia and assembled here. Blah Blah Blah. Brunswick GC6 is a FINE pool table, its too bad they could not afford to make it here and that would also mean most people here could not afford it at all.

TFT
Good point. Sagging is most caused by people sitting/leaning on the ends. I hate that. My rooms is pretty good about keeping people off the tables unless shooting. All GC4's. No issues.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
All GC4's. No issues.
the early 4 had a similar frame and the end sill capped off the long sills. They changed it early on in the 4 production. Great tables. My only want on the new Brunswick Commercial tables:: make the pockets spec's like a diamond & rasson. :)

TFT

magnetardo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's correct. I think B'wick made pockets and gulleys and everything else was outsourced. IMO they are the best especially if you do the frame support mod to stop end sagging.

Like I said, they didn't start outsourcing until the 90's, besides the slate obviously. Late GC3 era.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Had a friend in the late 90s buy 10 new GCIIIs to add to his room....
...within two years he needed new rubber...I’ve wanted nothing to do with Brunswick
Super Speed rubber ever since...although I tried some later..heard they got better...
...they hadn’t.

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wrong and wrong. They had a bad batch. That was all. They since have been fine.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Some people think because something happened about 20-30 YEARS ago, that those same things are still issues. Brunswick rubber has been great for me. I go through about 20-25 sets a year in my business.

TFT

Wrong and wrong. They had a bad batch. That was all. They since have been fine.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, Brunswick had a bad couple of years when switching suppliers. But Diamond has had a bad 30 years of pin ball tables. They even want to make a 960 Simonis to fix it, instead of using a different rubber. Oh well, I digress. To each his own.