New Wrap Jig

Pete Tonkin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is our new wrap jig it is designed to center the cue regardless of butt taper or if it is a compound taper butt.You cut one side of the wrap remove butt from jig reinsert butt in jig from the other side cut second side of wrap.
The cost is $500.00
Shop 530-629-3313
Cell 707-599-5072
MVC-298F.JPG

MVC-299F.JPG

MVC-300F.JPG

MVC-301F.JPG

MVC-304F.JPG

Last edited:

ELBeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like another quality Tonkin jig/fixture. Good luck with your sales.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
ELBeau said:
Looks like another quality Tonkin jig/fixture. Good luck with your sales.
Pete's a master machinist.
I just got his router mount and it's nothing like anything out there.

Knowing Pete, he has some exciting projects I bet.

masonh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i like it.i use a D'Angelo now and have problems b/c the butt.with my butt taper i am always having to trim to make the seam flush.great idea.Pm sent.

Last edited:

Guerra Cues

I build one cue at a time
Silver Member
I just bought my leather wrap fixture from Pete. Can't wait. I used to have a Unique Products.
I will try to post a review.

Mr Hoppe

Sawdust maker
Silver Member
Apparently this has been available for quite a while, although I'm seeing it for the first time today. (Tony, you really dug this one up from the grave...) Any reviews from current users? Also interested in comparisons to the Unique fixture.
Thanks.
Mr H

PMcues

Registered
Apparently this has been available for quite a while, although I'm seeing it for the first time today. (Tony, you really dug this one up from the grave...) Any reviews from current users? Also interested in comparisons to the Unique fixture.
Thanks.
Mr H
I have a wrap magic from Unique. Ive never have had a problem with it! You dont have to remove the cue from the fixture to cut the other side

BarenbruggeCues

Unregistered User
Silver Member
I have a wrap magic from Unique. Ive never have had a problem with it! You dont have to remove the cue from the fixture to cut the other side

+1....Not throwing stones at Pete cause I know he builds some nice stuff but seems it would be a pita to take the cue out of the jig and line it back up for the second cut. Maybe he can shed some light on the procedure for potential customers.
I've never had a problem with the taper of the butt in the fixture I use either. I guess if it were cigar shaped it may be a problem but straight or compound work fine.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is our new wrap jig it is designed to center the cue regardless of butt taper or if it is a compound taper butt.You cut one side of the wrap remove butt from jig reinsert butt in jig from the other side cut second side of wrap.
The cost is $500.00
Shop 530-629-3313
Cell 707-599-5072

Hi Pete
Sounds interesting, How does it line back up again to cut the other side? I have always just used a ruler myself but I like learning.

hillscues

American Craftsmanship
Silver Member
I don't think I would want to take the cue out , no not for me . hears one I built for my self , its spring loaded to level out . wraps turn out perfect in mine and only about 40.00 dollars in materials it only took me one afternoon to build.

leatherjig002.jpg
[/IMG]
leatherjig003.jpg
[/IMG]
leatherjig004.jpg
[/IMG]

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think I would want to take the cue out , no not for me . hears one I built for my self , its spring loaded to level out . wraps turn out perfect in mine and only about 40.00 dollars in materials it only took me one afternoon to build.

leatherjig002.jpg
[/IMG]
leatherjig003.jpg
[/IMG]
leatherjig004.jpg
[/IMG]

For a few years I've had an idea of building one very similar to this but instead of having 2 plates on top I was going to use 2 large, steel piano hinges almost abutting one another. Have them folded out of the way until needed then lower one side and make a cut and then raise that side and lower the other. Never have to worry about them getting out of alignment.

Dick

Pete Tonkin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wrap Jig

Hi Pete
Sounds interesting, How does it line back up again to cut the other side? I have always just used a ruler myself but I like learning.

Hi Mike,
I put tape at both ends of the wrap channel and mark a center line where i want the seam to be.On the first cut the line will be out side of the straight edge and on the second cut the the line will be just under the straight edge.

Pete Tonkin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wrap Jig

+1....Not throwing stones at Pete cause I know he builds some nice stuff but seems it would be a pita to take the cue out of the jig and line it back up for the second cut. Maybe he can shed some light on the procedure for potential customers.
I've never had a problem with the taper of the butt in the fixture I use either. I guess if it were cigar shaped it may be a problem but straight or compound work fine.

Hi Dave,
I dont like having to take the time to unbolt an rebolt the straight to make both cuts and i have no problem lineing up the cut also depending the wrap material some need to be cut .010 to .015 short and others need to be cut a little long to get a very good seam.
But as with everything there is more than one way to skin a cat and what works for one person will never work for everyone.
I dont make a living building cue tooling i just try to help people who dont have the ability to build there own tooling with things that work for me.
Thanks,
Pete

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I dont like having to take the time to unbolt an rebolt the straight to make both cuts and i have no problem lineing up the cut also depending the wrap material some need to be cut .010 to .015 short and others need to be cut a little long to get a very good seam.

+1

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Mike,
I put tape at both ends of the wrap channel and mark a center line where i want the seam to be.On the first cut the line will be out side of the straight edge and on the second cut the the line will be just under the straight edge.

Thanks Pete.

FLYINGSNAIL

Koo Cues
Silver Member
tap....tap....tap.....

But as with everything there is more than one way to skin a cat and what works for one person will never work for everyone.
I dont make a living building cue tooling i just try to help people who dont have the ability to build there own tooling with things that work for me.
Thanks,
Pete

Hey Pete,

Nice looking jig you made.:thumbup:

Kenny