Heading to Olathe KS.

SFC9ball

JimBaker PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
I will be going to Olathe KS for the Mid West 9ball tournament 11/20/15 if anyone is interested in meeting up for a lesson or just a game pool. Always looking forward to meeting AZB members. :smile:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jim is a great instructor! He can help any player of any ability to be more consistent and accurate!...and he plays pretty sporty too! :grin:

:thumbup: Play well, my friend!

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

I will be going to Olathe KS for the Mid West 9ball tournament 11/20/15 if anyone is interested in meeting up for a lesson or just a game pool. Always looking forward to meeting AZB members. :smile:

SFC9ball

JimBaker PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
Thanks

Keep an eye on your cues there and good luck!

Thanks for the advice Matt. They don't leave my side and I have been there before and I love the venue and always look forward to going there.

Shane33

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I wasn't hunting this weekend I would drive over there and check the tournament out ! Been a long time since I been there.

I live about 2 miles from Raytown Rec so I used to spend a lot of time there otherwise shooters is nice or at least it used to be. I remember watching CJ Wiley and Jimmy Wetch play there around 94 I think. Memory not as good as it used to be.

Good luck !

HurdyGurdy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play there often. Table 3, an old Gold Crown with <4 inch pockets, is one of the best tables in the Midwest. No pocket-speed BS on that table, not if you want shape. Table 13 is also wicked-tight.

It may be different during the Tour, being crowded and all, but it seems to be a pretty safe and mostly sane place.

qfans

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Midwest 9 ball

Great event in a great room, I have been going here for a few years with no problems, Danny and Evelyn do a good job dealing with everyone. I think the problem may come from some of the people this big of a tourney draws, I've had no issues leaving my cues unattended there but I certainly wouldn't do it during any big event. Thought Chip's issue was indulgence and they were found and returned to him ( hope so I love the hit of those Durbins)

qfans

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Olathe

Misinformation on my part, talked to Chip last nite and his cues weren't found. Bothers me that this place is getting that rep.

mrkdenton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes. My understanding was chip thought he left them leaning on his car and drive off. Or something like that. But they were returned. So not really a reason to say to someone to watch their cues. Shooters in Olathe is one of the nicest and friendliest and save places to play.
Jmho of course.

mrkdenton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
major players in tourney at shooters.

There are some major players in tourney at shooters in Olathe this weekend. Justin bergmann, Jesse bowman, skyler woodward,Alex olinger, chip compton, Joey gray, Roberto gomez, c.j. wiley, Darren evvert, Dave matlock. Dustin gunia, Shane mcminn.. Etc.

misterpoole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My first trip to shooters. Really enjoyed the layout of the place. Excellent variety of equipment. Food was also good. Positive all around. Had to leave earlier than i wanted. Who won the 1 hole?
Edit: The only vendor seller a variety of custom cues was Salazar. Would be great if more cue sellers would come to olathe next time. No snow in olathe guys.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My first trip to shooters. Really enjoyed the layout of the place. Excellent variety of equipment. Food was also good. Positive all around. Had to leave earlier than i wanted. Who won the 1 hole?
Edit: The only vendor seller a variety of custom cues was Salazar. Would be great if more cue sellers would come to olathe next time. No snow in olathe guys.

When I left it was down to Bergman and Andy Quinn, both St. Louis lads. Perhaps a couple of others.

I fell one round short of the money but had a blast. Played 9 hours straight yesterday. I'm beat.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

mrkdenton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bergman beat compton 3 to 2. In the finals. Chip had a bank shot to have and easy out after to beat Bergman 3 to 0. And missed. And so bergman ended up winning 3 to 2. In a nail biter. Was a great match!!!

mrkdenton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who ended up winning the 9 ball. I left with about 5 to 6 guys left. Can anyone chim in like who was like the last 4 left. Thanks