2020 AZB Ghost Challenge - Official Thread

Gerry Williams

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I may try a race to 100 vs 9 Ball Ghost. It may span 2-3 nights though, not sure I can take a 4-5hr session mentally.

Vegas probably has the line at 35 but I think I can do better :).

Jeff - hope you are on the mend buddy.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I may try a race to 100 vs 9 Ball Ghost. It may span 2-3 nights though, not sure I can take a 4-5hr session mentally.

Vegas probably has the line at 35 but I think I can do better :).

Jeff - hope you are on the mend buddy.

Hey Gerry,

Thanks....I'm doing better. It's just gonna take time.....

Gerry, really, really long races are IMO, a much better gauge to find our strengths and weaknesses.

Also, IMO, the pro ghost should be used at least half the time.

The good thing about the ghost, he never quits or says, "not right now". The ghost is always ready to rumble.

The ghost never ask for weight either although, we should be willing to give the ghost games on the wire to better emulate playing a real match against someone that can play a little. Especially, if we are using ball in paw.

I look forward to all of you guy's vids.

Thanks a ton,

Jeff

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I decided to play the ghost a set this morning for the first time in a long time. I decided to play a race to 15. I started really slow, I had 2 racks at the beginning where I didn’t have to do anything just shoot the balls in the pocket and I failed to get out both times. Score is 3-3 at this time so I don’t feel to bad.

Got on a little run, made a couple good outs on tough racks and pulled ahead 9-4. Then had a couple of missed shots and a super tough rack where I had to bank the 5 and ended up with a bank on the 6. Made the bank on the 6 but scratched. The ghost had cut it to 9-8.

Got on another run and finished with a super tough out to get on the hill at 14-8. Dogged what should have been a routine out 14-9. Next game ran to the 7 and had to shoot it with the bridge and draw my ball back past the 8 for the easy out and just simply didn’t hit the cue ball clean and wound up against the 8 ball. 14-10. Finally finished the ghost off with a routine out to 15-10.

I didn’t record the set but do plan on doing some videos later on. Maybe in a couple months right now I got a lot of fishing that needs to be done. No need to add this score as I will post some vids later on.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I decided to play the ghost a set this morning for the first time in a long time. I decided to play a race to 15. I started really slow, I had 2 racks at the beginning where I didn’t have to do anything just shoot the balls in the pocket and I failed to get out both times. Score is 3-3 at this time so I don’t feel to bad.

Got on a little run, made a couple good outs on tough racks and pulled ahead 9-4. Then had a couple of missed shots and a super tough rack where I had to bank the 5 and ended up with a bank on the 6. Made the bank on the 6 but scratched. The ghost had cut it to 9-8.

Got on another run and finished with a super tough out to get on the hill at 14-8. Dogged what should have been a routine out 14-9. Next game ran to the 7 and had to shoot it with the bridge and draw my ball back past the 8 for the easy out and just simply didn’t hit the cue ball clean and wound up against the 8 ball. 14-10. Finally finished the ghost off with a routine out to 15-10.

I didn’t record the set but do plan on doing some videos later on. Maybe in a couple months right now I got a lot of fishing that needs to be done. No need to add this score as I will post some vids later on.

Enjoyed the read.

We look forward to seeing the vids.

I hope the longer races catch on. Win or lose, IMO, longer races put us in a position to be able to come back or try to keep a lead once we get out front.

It's easy to win a race to 7 if one gets some rolls and wins the first 3 or 4 games. But, when racing very long races, anything can/will happen and that's when we see our true strengths or weaknesses.

Jeff

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Played 9-ball Pro Ghost and tested new cut break idea. I ws really lucky and did beat Ghost 7-2 :D

Couple really tough racks and some cool shots. Feels good man!
Video coming up later

pw98

Registered
6-ball 7-6 ghost win (No BIH)

Today I beat the 6-ball ghost 7-6 no BIH. It took 2 tries. The first set I got up 3-0 and then had a string of hard shots on the 1 that I missed. So I changed the way I broke for the second set and came out a winner. The table is an Oversized 8 foot Gandy. Here is the link to the second set:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYJdUnRke5E

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"I made it, boy, I finally made it. Pay up, sucker!"

The stars aligned tonight, my break was working great, I was shooting great, and I got some great rolls;) I beat the 9 ball ghost 7-4. First time this year (and maybe 6th or 7th lifetime, I forget).

Here is the video, sped up for my short attention span:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yehP8ZJVsFs&t=7s

First post updated.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No chance to get real table so something that I can do from computer..

If there is people that want to see Ghost action live from great online game called ShootersPool.
I could do tonight.. I probably get wrecked on Diamond table because my speed control still little bit struggle.
Then you could see my view of Ghost.. :)
Also I could add some thoughts(headphones commentary) when shooting and answer questions etc on Youtube chat.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No chance to get real table so something that I can do from computer..

If there is people that want to see Ghost action live from great online game called ShootersPool.
I could do tonight.. I probably get wrecked on Diamond table because my speed control still little bit struggle.
Then you could see my view of Ghost.. :)
Also I could add some thoughts(headphones commentary) when shooting and answer questions etc on Youtube chat.

What do you guys think?

I decided to warm up with Virtual coin money match.
join here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcmgESvsjg8

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
FYI, the BU just announced a new challenge with many large money prizes. Check it out in this new thread:

I hope we get entries from many of the people who have participated in the Ghost Challenges over the years. I plan to start practicing and posting soon.

Good luck,
Dave

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was practicing Corey's symmetrical break in another thread, and decided to try the 10 ball ghost using that technique. (I was not pocketing balls like Corey, but the spread was nice). I lost 2-7. That's pretty good, for me:) This is my first 10 ball ghost attempt in at least 10 years. I used to do it then as part of Joe Tuckers guaranteed improvement. Counting up the total number of balls pocketed in 10 racks. I wonder how I'd compare today. I definitely feel like I'm playing the best I ever have, but maybe that is just a touch better than 10 years ago when I was gambling my brains out daily.

Video sped:
https://youtu.be/unNBxTGbHsg

First post updated.

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
10ball ghost, 8-3 win, 9ft Black Crown 4.25 pockets.

I just got a new phone, recorded this in 4K, tried to upload it to Youtube...well, not waiting 8+ hours to upload lol. Guess this is why you don’t see a lot of 4k pool on Youtube. Anyways, this is at 1080.

https://youtu.be/ihaoIAKUJwM