Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Wanted/For Sale > For Sale Items
Reload this Page Maybe this doesnt belong here
Page 2 of 3 12 3

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
CueNut40
AzB Silver Member
CueNut40 has a reputation beyond reputeCueNut40 has a reputation beyond reputeCueNut40 has a reputation beyond reputeCueNut40 has a reputation beyond reputeCueNut40 has a reputation beyond reputeCueNut40 has a reputation beyond reputeCueNut40 has a reputation beyond reputeCueNut40 has a reputation beyond reputeCueNut40 has a reputation beyond reputeCueNut40 has a reputation beyond reputeCueNut40 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-02-2014, 05:21 PM

Should break this up into the average player who just wants to sell or trade a cue and the cue flippers who have ever thing over priced anyway.

Old
  (#17)
MikeMania
MikeMania
MikeMania has a reputation beyond reputeMikeMania has a reputation beyond reputeMikeMania has a reputation beyond reputeMikeMania has a reputation beyond reputeMikeMania has a reputation beyond reputeMikeMania has a reputation beyond reputeMikeMania has a reputation beyond reputeMikeMania has a reputation beyond reputeMikeMania has a reputation beyond reputeMikeMania has a reputation beyond reputeMikeMania has a reputation beyond repute

09-02-2014, 05:31 PM

You think I'm unaware it's doing the same thing? And in my opinion eras and bill consolidate well. You don't see 14 threads in a row with 1 cue in each from either of them. You may see 2 maybe 3 at times but they all have several cues per thread. Yes, I can devote my time to complaining about much more important issues on the proper forums but I chose this topic on this forum. Feel free to not comment and bump it then, it was a simple observation and I don't apologize for that.

Old
  (#18)
devorator
Ipoolmyheart@thetable
devorator has a reputation beyond reputedevorator has a reputation beyond reputedevorator has a reputation beyond reputedevorator has a reputation beyond reputedevorator has a reputation beyond reputedevorator has a reputation beyond reputedevorator has a reputation beyond reputedevorator has a reputation beyond reputedevorator has a reputation beyond reputedevorator has a reputation beyond reputedevorator has a reputation beyond repute

09-02-2014, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
you know, you can complain to the moderator. No reason to start a thread that just bumps others down the list. Contributing to the very thing you are complaining about.

This has been discussed, for years.

And I don't see why you'd have to be a gold member to sell things personally. If you are running a business, then yes you should sponsor the site, outside of that does it really matter?
Good point sir. I might also add why to pay for an exceptional membership on a section that is moderated once a year.
Odd enough, I got my thread deleted for bumping it 2h before the 48 a few month ago...and I see overbumping every day ever since...
But definetly I am not a gold member...

Chris Neacsu

JBaxter 60'' Duff/Hybrid shaft
Breaktime Billiards
Zan Hybrid MAX

EMAIL ME!

Maybe this doesnt belong here
Old
  (#19)
Billiardbills
Billiard Bill
Billiardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Maybe this doesnt belong here - 09-02-2014, 06:17 PM

Hmm. That's odd, because I never have more than 5 or 6 threads going here at one time. Hmm I bump them every 48 hours. Hmm I also have been a gold member before anyone asked.

Sounds like there's no problem there. Pound salt trinaCRYER.

Just to him btw. Sorry for the bumpage.

www.billiardbills.com
billiardbills@gmail.com
239.823.0408 call or text

Under promise and over deliver...

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so...
-Mark Twain

Last edited by Billiardbills; 09-02-2014 at 06:28 PM.

Old
  (#20)
classiccues
Enlightened.....
classiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond repute

09-02-2014, 06:30 PM

I had a lot of my own ads pulled because I will consolidate 4 to a post, however we are redoing our site and it should generate quite a buzz with all that will be posted.

Usually it is the same guys that won't put up a legit site or pay to show at SBE or the US Open, or DCC. Guys on the cheap will always be guys on the cheap. I am sorry if it seams to be insulting, but if you plan on doing it for the long haul, godaddy is cheap...

JV (----classiccues since 1995 (AOL, then our own stand alone site)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMania View Post
is it common place for people to post enough threads in 20 minutes to take up almost the entire first page. Couldn't you consolidate photos and info into one thread. Maybe I'm out of line but that just seems ignorant and greedy. Always the usual suspects too. Does this not irritate anyone else? I know plenty of guys that do very well with their sales while still using as little page space as possible and just simply bumping their threads within the allowed time. Have some class and respect for others. That's all

Mike Fallon

www.classiccues.com
Large Cue listing and cases are coming

Updated 3/27 more to come... all NEW

Sales to be updated soon - by 4/10

Premium Custom Cues for Sale and Vintage Billiard and Pool Exchange on Facebook....

Old
  (#21)
Inf2DV
Catch The Action!!
Inf2DV has a reputation beyond reputeInf2DV has a reputation beyond reputeInf2DV has a reputation beyond reputeInf2DV has a reputation beyond reputeInf2DV has a reputation beyond reputeInf2DV has a reputation beyond reputeInf2DV has a reputation beyond reputeInf2DV has a reputation beyond reputeInf2DV has a reputation beyond reputeInf2DV has a reputation beyond reputeInf2DV has a reputation beyond repute

09-02-2014, 07:00 PM

Which all of them have huge clout here and if they wanna post they can. How about stop making a big deal out of nothing. More worries in the world then bunch of ReRe's complaining over something stupid

Old
  (#22)
MikeMania
MikeMania
MikeMania has a reputation beyond reputeMikeMania has a reputation beyond reputeMikeMania has a reputation beyond reputeMikeMania has a reputation beyond reputeMikeMania has a reputation beyond reputeMikeMania has a reputation beyond reputeMikeMania has a reputation beyond reputeMikeMania has a reputation beyond reputeMikeMania has a reputation beyond reputeMikeMania has a reputation beyond reputeMikeMania has a reputation beyond repute

09-02-2014, 07:19 PM

You've already made the point that there are much more pressing issues goin on in the world today. Which was not contested. "ReRe's" tend to regurgitate the same statements over and over like it's making a different impact. If this were a social forum or blog on ObamaCare I'd have an opinion there. Since it's a billiard based forum I think my opinion not only as a paid member but as taxpayer, non "rere", educated individual, and someone that allows others to have their views and opinions without ridicule or derogatory name calling being made, makes my question/statement valid for this exact platform. If it's annoying to you or it bothers you that much why do you continue to play your "rere" card?

:/
Old
  (#23)
xXGEARXx
AzB Silver Member
xXGEARXx has a reputation beyond reputexXGEARXx has a reputation beyond reputexXGEARXx has a reputation beyond reputexXGEARXx has a reputation beyond reputexXGEARXx has a reputation beyond reputexXGEARXx has a reputation beyond reputexXGEARXx has a reputation beyond reputexXGEARXx has a reputation beyond reputexXGEARXx has a reputation beyond reputexXGEARXx has a reputation beyond reputexXGEARXx has a reputation beyond repute

:/ - 09-02-2014, 07:53 PM

Yea.... I get what you are explaining here.

Just a further note and maybe a different spin:

I simply use my mouse and click on the next page, LOL... Of course by the 4th click of the mouse I am completely spent... I get energized with a sandwich and a drink, then keep moving!!

Really, how about just use the mouse and glide around a bit..

Old
  (#24)
Billiardbills
Billiard Bill
Billiardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond repute

09-02-2014, 07:57 PM

It's like complaining about what's on the tv or radio, change the channel. Maybe the batteries are dead. Lol.

Play Well!

Billiard Bill's
Buying-Selling-Trading
Text/call Bill 239.823.0408 (8am-7pm EST please)
billiardbills@gmail.com
Southwest Florida

www.billiardbills.com
billiardbills@gmail.com
239.823.0408 call or text

Under promise and over deliver...

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so...
-Mark Twain

Old
  (#25)
Bavafongoul
AzB Silver Member
Bavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond repute

09-02-2014, 08:03 PM

Here's the pitfall, as an example, you could be a Gold Member whom financially supports the AZ Forum
and let's say you sell a lot of higher end pool cues. You can define what the term higher end cues means
to you. For me, it's usually connected with custom made cues, as well as design and price. But's let's just
set the bar height at over $1200 or $1500, even say $2000.....or if you prefer, lower that amount.

If you're selling 5-6-7 cues or perhaps more, and these cues are several thousand dollars and much higher,
do you really expect that person to consolidate these cues into a single thread. There's lots of photos and
descriptions that are needed and when you're selling a $2k, 3k or $5k pool cue, rest assured each & every
one of those cues should go into its own individual sale thread.

So what should one do.......and then where do you draw the line? This is a tar baby issue and rest assured,
when a seller doesn't have to pay for the privilege of listing multiple items for sale, it's going to happen a lot
more often. And just griping about it or condemning some Azer doesn't diminish or resolve the problem at all.
Some cue dealers handle it the best way employing multiple links in a thread for several cues or their website.

"My Pool Cues"

*Bob Owen Custom- Level 8 (s/d 4-24-16) - Flat Ivory Joint
*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 6 (s/d 5-4-16) - Flat Ivory Joint

*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 8 (s/d 2-23-15) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Ed Prewitt Custom '05 - Level 8 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Bob Owen Custom - Level 8 (s/d 5-4-14) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Tim Scruggs Custom (05-95) Level 7 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Runde Schon (03-85) Custom "R" Series (1 of 1)
*Palmer (Original) - '72 (All Cocobolo Wood)

Last edited by Bavafongoul; 09-02-2014 at 08:12 PM.

Old
  (#26)
MikeMania
MikeMania

09-02-2014, 09:18 PM

That's a refreshing perspective. I can appreciate that.I'm serious too. I'm not in the business of trying to offend anyone, i was just curious on other members opinions. I'll take future opinions and questions to the discussion forum as I should have with this one. Good talk fellas, I feel like we made real progress here tonight!

It shows a lack of foresight
Old
  (#27)
nick serdula
AzB Gold Member
nick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond repute

It shows a lack of foresight - 09-03-2014, 09:06 AM

If the poster had one thread with half of his Cues and another a page later with the other half his 2 threads would have a longer exposure than him bumping his own stuff right off the front page.
Isn't that counter productive? And a lot more fair to this board.
Nick

Mandatory price drops!
Old
  (#28)
takeitdown
Banned
takeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond repute

Mandatory price drops! - 09-03-2014, 10:09 AM

While we are at it how about mandatory price drops? Maybe 5% a week. Either that or list at your lowest acceptable price for a month and jus take it down.

85% of the cues here are not gonna sell at the current price. Sure you can get beat down with haggling, but that is just nonsense. Most everything is 30% off what is was worth just 2 years ago, accept it and move on.

Old
  (#29)
Bavafongoul
AzB Silver Member
Bavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond repute

09-03-2014, 10:36 AM

What different does price make? If someone has a JMW sneaky pete cue and they want $1500, so what.
It's not going to sell and every 48 hrs they can bump it because it's not going to sell.
However, no one should ever be compelled to mandatorily lower their price.

It sounds like there might have been some cues takeitdown would have liked to get but seller cue prices were too high.
That's just a guess on my part. Anyway, lots of cues sell at or near asking price when the cue-maker is elite and of course,
the seller isn't greedy and has also realistically priced the cue.

"My Pool Cues"

*Bob Owen Custom- Level 8 (s/d 4-24-16) - Flat Ivory Joint
*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 6 (s/d 5-4-16) - Flat Ivory Joint

*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 8 (s/d 2-23-15) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Ed Prewitt Custom '05 - Level 8 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Bob Owen Custom - Level 8 (s/d 5-4-14) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Tim Scruggs Custom (05-95) Level 7 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Runde Schon (03-85) Custom "R" Series (1 of 1)
*Palmer (Original) - '72 (All Cocobolo Wood)

Last edited by Bavafongoul; 09-03-2014 at 10:38 AM.

Old
  (#30)
fastone371
AzB Silver Member
fastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond repute

09-03-2014, 11:19 AM

It is very simple for me. I would not buy anything from a person who posts that many separate threads in a row, I hope most others feel the same way. You can PM me with the culprit if you would like so I do not mistakenly buy from them.

Page 2 of 3 12 3

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: