Opinion on old Scruggs

Hinekanman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So as it says. I want some opinions. Now as much as I say I will never sell it, I know myself better. Would you keep this as is, or have Bob Frey refinish it and make a spare shaft? If you were buying it, what would be more appealing? All opinions welcomed. IMG_0177.JPGIMG_0176.JPGIMG_0175.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd rather buy as is, you have to adjust the price up for the work to be done and new shaft. I'd rather have Frey make a shaft to my specifications than your specifications.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would want to buy it as is and leave it as is. The perfect sneaky.

I agree. Actually on most cues, I think getting them cleaned up is nice, probably in the minority on that. This is a perfect example of a cue I likely wouldn't touch at all.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd rather buy as is, you have to adjust the price up for the work to be done and new shaft. I'd rather have Frey make a shaft to my specifications than your specifications.

I would not get a fry shaft unless Bob himself is making it , I'm not sure he's back to making anything, I believe his son is the one making them now

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No body in the world could tell the difference if Bob or his son makes the shafts
I don't even know that Bob has a son,but if he turned the business over to him then its ok

If I were selling the cue I would sell it like it is,not that I would care who made the second shft

I would bet no one could tell the difference

For that matter who can tell the difference between the sneaky petes scruggs made and the ones bob or his son made

what is the difference?

its just not enough money worth it to waste time making a second shaft

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As is no question. I would also play with it if it rolls straight.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don’t touch it. You will not recover expenses for refinishing or a 2nd shaft when you sell it.
Leave it as is since the sale range for TS sneaky Pete cues over the last 5-6 yrs. is defined.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
if you like it as is and want to play with it just do that. if you want a different shaft do that.

after all it is merely a house cue with a joint buy a top maker. that is in demand because of it.

sale wise for collector value an extra fake shaft has no added value to speak of.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
Keep as is if you wanna sell, if you wanna keep it you can use it to bbq somw ribs for all anyone cares. Fuch em, its your cue.

Mr. Joshua

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I have a Scruggs true sneaky. 19.75 oz. with very minor taper. It has some flaws in the finish. They are only original once and I plan to leave mine alone.

Attachments

• IMG_2522.jpg
    IMG_2522.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 185
  • Scruggs Sneaky.jpg
    Scruggs Sneaky.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
So as it says. I want some opinions. Now as much as I say I will never sell it, I know myself better. Would you keep this as is, or have Bob Frey refinish it and make a spare shaft? If you were buying it, what would be more appealing? All opinions welcomed. View attachment 544344View attachment 544345View attachment 544346

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

I would recommend getting a new shaft made for the cue, and just leave it as is, unless you would like to see it have a nice shiny new finish on it, which I imagine would make it look much nicer.

But yeah, I think you would enjoy the cue even more if you have someone like Frey build you a new shaft for it.