does your room use break clothes?

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
just curious how many rooms across the US require their customers to use a break cloth?

My local room uses break clothes and I'm working on some custom ones for them. So I want to see if there was enough of a market out there to offer it other rooms to have custom break clothes.
Cost to the room would be about .30 to .35 per cloth and min order would be 750 pcs. But they would be in full color and you could put also anything on them. So the room I'm doing them for is making them full color business cards that are also break clothes.

Last edited:

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
Yes...750 min is a pretty high number, especially for a small room.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I'm sure they do you can also use the old cloth from the tables when you redo them. All those options are missing the extra bit of advertising that a busniess card / break cloth provides.

Pieces of cloth change the path of the balls. Advertising the place you are already at or advertising for other places???

Playing cards work awesome and I am sure they could be custom printed!

Good luck to you!

Trent

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pieces of cloth change the path of the balls. Advertising the place you are already at or advertising for other places???

Playing cards work awesome and I am sure they could be custom printed!

Good luck to you!

Trent

Yes they can be custom printed I have sold thousands.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
just curious how many rooms across the US require their customers to use a break cloth?

My local room uses break clothes and I'm working on some custom ones for them. So I want to see if there was enough of a market out there to offer it other rooms to have custom break clothes.
Cost to the room would be about .30 to .35 per cloth and min order would be 750 pcs. But they would be in full color and you could put also anything on them. So the room I'm doing them for is making them full color business cards that are also break clothes.
We've always used break cloths for years in our room. Only time I get a little slack on their required usage by regulars is when I know we'll be re-covering our tables within a month. I'm not strict about requiring them for the recreational players, but we are strict when it comes to the more serious regulars and we require them during our weekly tournament. The regulars break much harder and generally from the same spots - so they are far more likely to wear out burn marks than the less serious occasional recreational players.

I would never have a need to purchase break cloths from someone. I literally have hundreds of 4"x4" square 860 Simonis cloth remnants of unused cloth from whenever we recloth our tables, so we have enough that we can actually provide two per table and replace them with new ones every 3+ months.