Need some pool hall statistics

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In a pool room, on non coin op tables, how do owners make money on league play?

Is it a set price by the teams to pay

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I take it Beachbum is still on the beach and not behind the pool hall counter? :grin-square::grin-square::grin-square:

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do any owners here have a mixture of coin op tables mixed with larger timed tables?

If so, what is the ratio?

Do owners rent/lease or own the tables sticks etc?

How much food are you selling?

How big is your menu?

What other forms of entertainment do you have...video games, darts, golfing pod etc...

I literally just had a fellow with probably more money than sense tell me that he would back me in a pool hall operation but he didn't want to work...at all.

I too would love any and all info regarding the operations aspect of the
of this business.

Pierre Shakes

Registered
the best formula seen here

I find this the best formula seen here. And my place is very successful. PeacockBilliards.com

I was told a long time ago by a very successful room owner this. Take all your tables X your hourly rate, multiply that by the hours your open each day to come up with a number. What ever that number is, if your able to get 20% of that total amount on average each day, you'll do ok.

www.worldbilliardtour.com
Domain Name Only....

Bill Meacham

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Do any owners here have a mixture of coin op tables mixed with larger timed tables?

How big is your menu?

What other forms of entertainment do you have...video games, darts, golfing pod etc...

I literally just had a fellow with probably more money than sense tell me that he would back me in a pool hall operation but he didn't want to work...at all.

of this business.

What business ownership experience do you have?

realkingcobra

Silver Member

How big is your menu?

of this business.
Where did he make his money?

realkingcobra

Silver Member

How big is your menu?

of this business.
Final question, what is your work experience background?

Rob Williams

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Out of 13 7' Diamonds, 10 are coin operated, 3 are on time. The 9' tables are all on time. WE have cuetec house cues that cost $ 1.00 to rent.Food sales are substantial, about 15 items on the menu. There are gaming machines,dart boards and a golf game available.

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Final question, what is your work experience background?

Sorry, it's been a minute since responding. I'll understand if you don't see this.

The fellow that offered to back me made his money in real estate and construction. He also owns a golf course. We were both sitting over a beer the night he made the offer but he seemed genuine. I've known him for quite a few years.

Regarding my experience....When I retired from law enforcement, I helped open 2 restaurants. After a few years, an opportunity presented itself where I basically "stole" a restaurant from a couple who just wanted to give up and get out. (Completely understand that )

I didn't want to spend my life in the restaurant business but the real estate investment was too hard to pass up.

I did a ton of work to the place. I added 6 slips and a gas pump to the dock outside. I added new lighting outside with corn hole boards. I changed the menu and added a happy hour and updated my POS. Finally, I 90% got rid of Sysco and picked up a local supplier for fresh seafood.

About 2.5 years later, a business group approached me and wanted to make my location into more of a marina and add a 2nd floor to the restaurant. I couldn't pass up their offer.

I live in a resort area with no dedicated pool halls. Of all the restaurants, only 3 of them have pool tables. All 3 have weekly tournaments that get 15-20 participants a night. On non tournament nights, the tables are usually busy for most of the night night. Dart boards and shuffle board tables are equally as busy.

Anyone can make it in the summer here, the trick is to get the local crowd for the off season.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Sorry, it's been a minute since responding. I'll understand if you don't see this.

The fellow that offered to back me made his money in real estate and construction. He also owns a golf course. We were both sitting over a beer the night he made the offer but he seemed genuine. I've known him for quite a few years.

Regarding my experience....When I retired from law enforcement, I helped open 2 restaurants. After a few years, an opportunity presented itself where I basically "stole" a restaurant from a couple who just wanted to give up and get out. (Completely understand that )

I didn't want to spend my life in the restaurant business but the real estate investment was too hard to pass up.

I did a ton of work to the place. I added 6 slips and a gas pump to the dock outside. I added new lighting outside with corn hole boards. I changed the menu and added a happy hour and updated my POS. Finally, I 90% got rid of Sysco and picked up a local supplier for fresh seafood.

About 2.5 years later, a business group approached me and wanted to make my location into more of a marina and add a 2nd floor to the restaurant. I couldn't pass up their offer.

I live in a resort area with no dedicated pool halls. Of all the restaurants, only 3 of them have pool tables. All 3 have weekly tournaments that get 15-20 participants a night. On non tournament nights, the tables are usually busy for most of the night night. Dart boards and shuffle board tables are equally as busy.

Anyone can make it in the summer here, the trick is to get the local crowd for the off season.
So, it's been almost 3 years since this thread was started, have you opened that pool room yet?

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, it's been almost 3 years since this thread was started, have you opened that pool room yet?

A local watering hole I frequent expanded his business and added 2 tables which rejuvenated my interest in the game. After seeing his business expand...it got ideas flowing in my head.

I have been looking at locations but nothing solid yet.

If something looks as though it may happen, I will certainly be back here gathering information.

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
I'm working on projection numbers for a pool hall, and I need some statistics from current pool hall owners: (1) what's the average percentage of your tables that are rented in a day. For example: you have 10 tables and you're open 10 hours for a total of 100 hours per day. How many of those 100 hours would you say are rented on average? (2) How many players/customers per table on average? (3) Besides the table rental fees, what does your average customer spend on drinks (full liquor or beer and wine)? (4) What's the average amount of rental time per table? I'd appreciate any insights.

The thing that can kill this business is over price drinks and over priced table time fees! Nuff said.

buzzsaw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was told a long time ago by a very successful room owner this. Take all your tables X your hourly rate, multiply that by the hours your open each day to come up with a number. What ever that number is, if your able to get 20% of that total amount on average each day, you'll do ok.

That’s essentially the formula I’m using to show target values for my reports.